Old 04-17-2004, 01:07 PM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Saturday - Thought for the day..

This was another one that was TOO good to not share.. I especially LOVE the quote!

Quote:
Thought for the day: Saturday, April 17,2 004

Good Morning Connectors!
Here's my Thought for the day:

"The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart - this you will build your life by, and this you will become."

-------- James Lane Allen

I challenge each of you to take a good honest look at your decisions and choices.

Is your healthy lifestyle a PRIORITY or something you get to when you have a free moment?

I know it's not easy to juggle it all. BELIEVE ME I KNOW!

One of our male Connectors wrote me a great email today stating "If he knew he was going to feel this great about being able to tie his shoes he would have started this a long time ago"

There's always going to be Girl Scout cookies and Easter Candy. Holidays are going to come every year. It's all part of life.

The 10 steps of MAKE THE CONNECTION are the road map to take control of your life. It's NOT about the food and the weight. It's learning how to make yourself a priority and the CHOICES you make accordingly.

I used to get SO MAD when I was 275+ pounds and people would label me as "lazy" Here I was working full time and going to college at night, I certainly wasn't LAZY!

I guess the truth hurts. Maybe I was too lazy to make healthy choices. It was easier to hit the speed dial and have pizza delivered. Maybe I was lazy and didn't stand up for myself and ask for what I wanted. Maybe I was LAZY and hid behind my job and school schedules instead of taking care of my health.

Let's face it Connectors it's easier to be overweight and unhealthy! It takes tremendous effort to make the right choices, not just in our health but in ALL areas of our lives.

It's also easier to keep the good habits you're forming. Just keep working at making better choices every day and soon you'll have those new habits formed!

Then, it's easier to go shopping and pull clothes off the rack. Sit in an airplane seat without busting out of the seat belt.No more buttons popping off your clothes!

When would be a good time for you to put your health at the top of your priority list?

The year is going to zoom by whether you set goals or not. What will you be most proud of on December 31st 2004?

If you find it difficult to stay motivated, join the club. HOW DO I DO IT?

SET A GOAL! The goal doesn't need to be run a marathon by June. Start with where YOU ARE AT today. And build from there. One baby step at a time.

I encourage all of you to post your goals to your local groups. It's powerful to commit to the group and get support along the way! That's what we're here for.

I had a fabulous run this morning. The sunrise was coming up over the mountains and the sky was blue and orange! The trees all smelled fresh from the rain. It was a very tough run. I went kicking and screaming the entire drive down to the trail. The alarm went off and I immediately got up but the "committee" started in on how tired I was, blah, blah, blah. I listened but got dressed in my workout clothes anyway. Then on the drive down to the trail I noticed how beautiful the sky was. I still didn't want to work out. Now I'm in tantrum stage. "Why do I have to do this?" "I don't wanna, whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Ok time for the trick: I told myself, you don't have to run, just walk along the trail and enjoy nature. No pressure. Just walk. Ok, that's better. Ok I can walk. I park, get all my stuff together and do some light stretching and am in awe of how beautiful my surroundings are. I have a thought. What if tomorrow it's POURING RAIN and I don't get the opportunity to run outside? I better take advantage of the time right now and get a run in. I start to take off. My legs feel heavy from the week's workouts. I feel sluggish and tired but I'm running. I decide to start listing off everything I'm grateful for. The time flies. Run over, mission accomplished. BOY I'm GLAD I got that done!

Tawni: 1, "Committee" 0

Believe in yourselves!

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Love,
TAWNI
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:04 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Not sure I could trick myself into running. Walking, yes, but running? Not sure I have the guts to try it yet. I would need a SUPER support sports bra for that one.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:25 PM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

LOL! I use a Super support bra...

Plug in ANY exercise in in place of Running... IT works for just about all of them!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote