Old 04-03-2004, 05:09 AM   #1  

Question day 1 done ( 2 problems encountered ) ( last thread i promise )

Ok
so in the morning I went tanning
came home, sliced a block of cheese into daily portions, and then i grated up my todays portion
scrambeled 2 eggs with a bit of my cheese
went to the gym did some arrands came back
made my salad ( 3 cups of veggies EXACTLY ) with the rest of the cheese a hardboiled egg and a can of tuna. I wasn't sure about the dressing so I just used none!
now i went to work etc.. then i went to a friends house they gave me 2 chicken breasts, and butter/lemon didn't taste good was so dry so i took some cream cheese and put it on ( just a bit ) tasted good!
Then I got some pepperoni sticks ( 4 ) ( I am worried about this? )
then i went out with friends, was so hard not to drink anything but water! there is no alcohol allowed on here right?
so i got really hungry for some reason and the only thing on the menu I could see which I could eat was fried mushrooms, which I ordered it came with garlic lemon and butter sauce was really good! also came with some bread sticks which I gave away.

Am I doing the diet properly? I am prepared to keep this up.. just would like some way of putting sauce on the meat!

Thanks guys!
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:16 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Frodo, sounds like your doing wonderful, keep it up.
Sauce is a hard one. The only thing I can say for now while on induction is to make atkins' cheese sauce - I think the recipe is on his website if not I'll try and get it for you, I also think he might have different ones in his cook book. If you like to dunk meats how about a touch of caesar's, blue cheese or vinegar/oil dressings ? those are usually safe but again check the carb count. The first two weeks is the hardest but after its over, you'll be able to add different foods into the diet. Like boston market makes a gravy thats (I think) 2 - 3 carbs per 1/4 cup, and thats cool when you only want a touch of gravy. You'll see just don't fall into the sugar alcohols trap, thats in my opinion death trap and might stall your weight loss.

I try to bring my own dressings to places and I know its hard but if you can prepare its the best. I was eating at our work place cafeteria almost every day having blue cheese dressing, this went on for weeks and weeks. I wasn't losing any weight when it dawned on me....duh, I wonder if that blue cheese dressing is loaded w/sugar, I mean they don't tell you there, they just put it in a big container and you scoop it out. Since I stoped eating that, I'm starting to lose again AND I cut out sugar alcohols. Hope these little tips can help.

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:17 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Pssssssss...... don't be sorry for posting questions, its the only way to learn, we all do it.

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

As Leenie said--post away. I know I did before I even started (and after and still). That's what the board is for--support and advice.
Sounds like you've got a great start. Keep up the good work. I think I have to be like Leenie and bring my own sauce (or in my case it'd be salad dressing). Was thinking of leaving it at the table w/a note as a hint of what they should buy
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Frodo,

I think you did very well, that sounds good to me and sounds like you stayed on plan (as long as the fried mushrooms didn't have any breading) Atkins makes all kinds of good dressings too, they have this one they serve with the salads at Subway that is Atkins Honey mustard and it is THE BOMB!! SOOOO good. Also if you are or and a resturaunt has buffalo wings that will do in a pinch (as long as they don't have breading), buffalo wing sauce has very little carbs, like 2 carbs per 4 wings.

Good luck and after first 2 weeks it will be great and anytime you should be noticing your BURST of energy.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 6"

Frodo
Sounds like you did a great job! Nothing to worry about there, just make sure you tally up the carb count on those pepperoni sticks, unless of course you managed to find some with 0grams, I have not been so lucky.
Also as far as alcohol goes, its a no no for induction, but afterwards there are plenty of low carb beverages out there. I fear I will have to let someone else give you the complete list but I do know of Thin Ice and Michelob Ultra. You just have to keep in mind moderation
Like everyone has said, don't worry about posting thats what we're here for
Have a good one!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:20 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

One drink that's NOT low carb is the Bacardi Silver 0. OMG No wonder I stalled out in a few of those weeks! 32.5 G of carbs for that one!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #8  

thanks guys Love to wake up to see all your great replies.

on the atkins site it is telling me that only oil and viniger is good for induction ( not balsamic viniger because it has too many carbs ). I will go to the store today to find me a nice one! I should look for sugarfree carbfree correct?
Also I couldn't count the carbs on the pepperoni because it is from the deli...
Old 04-03-2004, 05:29 PM   #9  
Mouth of the South

You can also crumble blue cheese into the vinegar and oil. You can also get sesame oil! I love it! I marinade my meats in it too. It gives it an Asian flair. And post your little heart out! That is what we are here for!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #10  

ok thanks! So I shall go buy some vinegar..!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:19 PM   #11  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

I've managed to survive an outing to the pub and a get -together at an old friend's house without touching a single potato chip and just sipping diet coke.
My friends are shocked, I'm normally such a beer fiend. But they were happy, they all got driven home
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:15 PM   #12  

lol yes same here im the tank

but i got red wine viniger? sounds good? also some olive oil!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:47 PM   #13  

used 2 spoons of red wine viniger and 3 spoons of olive oil.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:01 AM   #14  
Look at me go ;)

Lightbulb

I found a great dressing by Wishbone. It's called Carb Options and the Ranch is pretty close to normal. It has zero carbs, zero sugar and no Sugar alchohol either. They also have an Italian and a Ceasar but the Ceasar has corn syrup derivatives in it.

I can not stand vinegar so I either eat my salads plain or with a little of that.

Last edited by Cinnymamma; 04-04-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:59 AM   #15  

oh nice
I am in Canada, and don't have all of the food options of you folks down south
but I don't mind the viniger just want to make sure it is ok to have?

Today I ate - 4 burgers with cheese
1 salad with egg and tuna ( and sauce )
1.5 porkchops

TONS OF WATER
it seems i am getting the hang of this! ( Hopefully )
I Really would like some fruit though I don't feel so healthy! You can have fruit after induction right?

Also I was sooo tempted to drink tonight.. after my home team ( vancouver canucks ) clinched the division title..