Old 03-29-2004, 08:21 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday Chat - March 29

Good Morning,

What a beautiful weekend we had, the weather was awesome, even the little one got sun burn on the back of her neck, go figure, who'da thunk one could get sun burn in New Jersey in March ???

Yesterday I went food shopping in the morning, started cooking for the week, cooked a meat loaf, pot roast, roaster chicken and coleslaw for the week, so we should be pretty set for dinners, I also cleaned and chopped up 6 heads of cauliflower (froze 4 heads) 2 heads of lettuce, and 3 cucumbers (for salads - lunches). Cleaned my van out and vacumed, it took me a couple of hours, its amazing how filthy it was, looks great now (until dd eats something lol ). The inlaws came over for an hour so I hurried and vacuumed the living room b/c the dog had crumbs all over the place from her doggy biscuits, and I did 5 loads of laundry, but its not folded yet, I'll do that tonight and I need to wash my upstairs dusty bathroom down, so prob tonight also. OY.

Any plans for the up and coming week? Nothing here sosdd. Except tomorrow, I have a Podiatrist (foot doctor sp?) appointment, I think I have a spur between my heal and arch, sucker can be painful at times, so I'll get that checked out. Other than that its work work work.

BBL, gotta get some coffee
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Default Monday (again) 3/29

Leenie: Enjoy your coffee! Have some for me!!

Well, it's Monday morning, the kids are off to school. I've got breakfast beside me and I'm starting the day. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll have for lunch when I go out w/the boss' and the company woman. Hopefully it's all not TOO off program. I figured I wouldn't lose anything this week anyway. Not sure why I have that attitude. I've really not lost anything in 3 weeks. I went up a pound and then back down a pound so I'm not counting that. I did a mile on the treadmill (believe me, for ME that's exercise). I've discovered I hate working out on the treadmill. I'd rather do tae-bo or something more exciting and fast paced. I'll flip in the WATP I borrowed from my boss and see what that's like. Ok, another novel written by me. I've gotta quit that!!

Hope you all have a good Monday!

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 03-29-2004 at 08:27 AM.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

OMG. This is so freaky. I swear I started this thread. So how'd Leenie get above me? Oh too funny--just what I needed to start my monday off great
Old 03-29-2004, 08:30 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda, I noticed we posted at the same time and I didn't wanna lose either post, so I merged them, its weird cause it will merge yours with mine but your title is the one that stays AND it says that I wrote it ???? go figure lol.

April fools (early )
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Ya know, I was looking at the calendar wondering if I had missed some days. LOL. I always figure if I make a morning post along w/someone else, I delete mine and make it one less confusion. But this made it more interesting. lol
Old 03-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning everyone!

Welllllll I'm all sorts of down in the dumps. After spending the week with my bf, he left for school again this morning. I managed not to cry.... but I sure do feel like I could!!! Ugh! As nice as the week was..... it sucks to see him go away again. I'll see him on Friday, so it's not like he's gone forever..... just feels like it. Love sucks! lol

I'm starting induction again today. I've fallen so far off the wagon it isn't funny. Just one thing after another. My bf and I are BOTH starting over. I'm up 3 lbs at the moment but I'm sooooo not going to adjust my profile because that is going to be gone ASAP..... well... that and I'm stubborn..... well... that and I don't need to be any more depressed this morning. Ok, I think those are all of the reasons. I'm so ready to be back on Atkins anyway. When I eat carbs.... I feel soooooooo incredibly heavy. It's ridiculous. I feel heavy and bloated and uncomfortable. I can't wait to feel GOOD again. Also, the gas from carbs is ridiculous..... I've never had so much gas in all my life. I'm suprised the bf still wants to be around me!!!!

Ok, I'll stop being gross now.
1. I will not go to the teacher's lounge today (avoid treats)
2. I WILL exercise tonight.
3. I will stop moping around like a sissy!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:49 AM   #7  

Leenie: I need to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and clean out my car as well. You have motivated me!! Good luck with that spur! I hope everything is okay. Do you find it helps you to cook ahead?!?! I might try that today and get some things in the fridge.

Brenda: Good job on the treadmill!!!! I love my Taebo tapes once I get into them. It's just getting myself jump started to work out. Once I am 10 minutes into it I am okay. Have a good lunch today. I've decided restaurants are the devil!!!! Between marinades and hidden sugars, even a simple steak is not Atkins friendly for me.

I am back up to 243. I am so upset with myself. We had guests this week plus we are finally finishing filing bankruptcy. We ate out for 2 meals every day. I knew I was breaking out of Induction. Originally I ordered the "right things" and got upset realizing that there was sugar in the marinades and such. After a few days of it, I added to it. I stayed under my carb count for awhile but was eating A1 and such which are huge Induction no-no's. Then I read the 22 Reasons You Might be Fat... Forever post and just cried. Instead of motivating me, I made a carb laden meal and just sat down and ate it thinking "what is WRONG with me?!?!?!?" Ugh. Yesterday, what really upset me were the stretch marks. My belly, hips, thighs and breasts look like a roadmap of marks. We won't discuss the ugly fat underneath. Today I am determined. I can do this. I know I can. I took Polaroids of me in underclothes yesterday and really SAW myself for the first time. I don't have mirrors that show anything but my face since getting fat. How many people do that I wonder...

So, I am here. I am fine. I have to treat weight loss like I did quitting smoking and recognize the lack of willpower when out and just remove myself from temptation. Day one Induction begins again. I'm ashamed to admit it but I'd rather be honest and just work from here!!!! Have a good Monday everyone. I am off to make eggs and bacon, drink my water and do my Billy Blanks Crunch tape.
southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #8  

Hi Rhonda!! I must have missed your post. Good for you getting back on the wagon! I am sorry you are going to miss your boyfriend. I hear you on the carbs. I feel gross after eating them but I do anyway. I guess I have to treat myself as an addict?!?! It must be nice to have support via your boyfriend while you both do this! Good luck.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:54 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Everyone,
My weekend has not been the greatest to say the least. One of my oldest DD's friends commited suicide and I've been doing my best to comfort her. I took the day off from work today due to the funeral today. It's just sad that a 14 yr. old girl saw no other alternatives to her problems other then by taking her own life.
As far as my eating goes? Well let me tell you Saturday I woke up and there were doughnuts sitting on the counter. I wanted one sooooo bad, but I didn't touch! For the rest of the day I ate making up for it I think. I can't remember the last time I downed so much food, even my carbs were high (not sure how high I never counted them) at least I stayed with the low carb foods. It could have been much worse!
I still haven't figured out a solution to the car problems.. OYE everythings falling apart on me.. I've got to stop this!

Leenie - Busy Busy! Sit down and relax and enjoy that cup of coffee

Brenda - Have fun at your luncheon today, I'm sure you'll do just great!

Well I'm off, time to get the youngest two to school. Hope you all have a great day
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:56 AM   #10  

Good Morning Everyone

Lennie: Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Now you're gonna need a day off work just to get some rest

Brenda: Way to go on the 1 mile on the treadmill. I know what would be a big accomplish for me. I just can't seem to get into the exercising mood. I am going to try to start back walking every morning since the weather is finally nice.

Shimma: I can relate to the sadness over the bf. I used to be like that when I was younger. Now I get excited when the hubby does go out of town for a few days Sometimes I just feel that I need some "me time" Good Luck with getting back OP I know that you can do it! Those 3 lbs will be gone before you know it!!!!

Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was so nice here. The weather was just wonderful. Me and my best friend went to the flea market, out to breakfast, and Wal-Mart yesterday. We had a great time. Didn't buy too much but it was nice to just get out in the nice fresh air. Looks like we are in store for another beautiful week here this week. So I am guessing that spring has decided to stick around for a while. I sure hope so! I haven't done too great this weekend as far as staying OP. But the scale says I am down 2lbs. I am getting back on strict induction today at least for 2 weeks. The closer it gets to shorts and t shirt weather....the more motivated I am getting. Also gonna try to get back into my routine of walking every morning before work. I hope this goes well cause I am really not much of a morning person (but I am too scared to go out walking at 1am when I am feeling my best )

Well, it looks as if I have written a novel. I am heading to work and will check back in this afternoon! Have a great day ladies!

Hello to all who come in after me
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:01 AM   #11  

Michele: You snuck in on me! I can totally relate to what you are saying. But get yourself back into induction, and any damage you did over the weekend will be gone before you know it! I believe in you and I know you can do it!!

Trazzie: You snuck in on me too. So sorry to hear about your DD's friend. I will be thinking and praying for you all. It is sad that the 14 y.o. thought there were no alternatives. Be there for your dd cause you know she is really going to need you!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #12  

Wow, busy bunch already this morning

Trazzie: That is so sad. I really hope your dd is going to be ok. So young to be going through this.

Shimma: I'm with Mrs. H on this one....I would love my dh to go away for a short trip somewhere just to be able to spend some me time. You may not feel like that now but just wait....someday you will.

southerngirl: Just hop right back on the wagon. You can do this. As long as you keep trying that is what is important.

Brenda: I will keep my fingers crossed for you at lunch!

Leenie: Oh I know how those bone spurs feel! Hope they take care of it for you. Way to go getting all that prep done for the week. I cooked up some chicken tenders last night for my salads this week and made my salsa and guacamole but that is as far as I got. I should prepare more like you.

Mrs. H: Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. I wish we had some flea markets closer to me. There is one kind of close but not close enough I guess. I should see if someone will take a ride this summer with me.

Well, time to start work.
Oh by the way, I finally posted my chili recipe this morning. I know someone asked me for it. Feel free to improvise on the recipe. I am not much of a veggie eater so it is kind of plain but add away if you want!
I also posted the salsa and guacamole recipe.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:36 AM   #13  
Mouth of the South

Well, I had a banquet at church last night celebrating the end of a six month course that I took. I ate whatever I wanted, and I don't regret it one bit. I must say that sugar does not taste as good as I remember! The banquet was beautiful, and so was I!

Shimma, I am sorry about your bf I hope you feel better soon!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:19 AM   #14  

Trazzie: I am so sorry to hear about your DD's friend. It is so hard grasping the entirety of suicide at any age, particularly as a teenager. You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mrs. H: I understand being a night person and not a morning person!!! Good luck with the exercising. I threw out all my shorts and such from last summer. I am determined that I will be smaller this summer and now I HAVE to lose the weight. I'm glad you had a good weekend!!! Spring has finally sprung here in Cleveland as well.

Jane: Thank you for the words of encouragement. Thanks for posting the recipes too!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Thumbs up

Good Moring ladies!! I will come back and do personals on me break cause I am running late BUT I just had to come and tell you.......I AM WEARING A SIZE 18 today!!!!! They are stretch capri pants BUT they are a size 18!!! I am sooooooo excited!

I will be back in a couple hours...

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote