Average weight loss per week

• I'm considering starting the Atkins diet...I'm just curious, on average, how much weight will you lose weekly?
  • Welcome !!!

Its the same with any weight loss plan, results can vary from individual to individual.

I lost during induction 5 - 6 lbs, after that 1 - 2 lbs a week being true to the diet. But take into account I do not exercise.
  • Hey...sounds good to me, lol
    I have been on Slim Fast about 7 months now and have lost 50 pounds...I seem to have came to a stand still though, am and considering a change because of all the sucess stories I've heard about Atkins.
  • *and am
  • WOW 50 lbs, you go girl !!!

Congratulations
  • I lost 10 pounds during induction. And I've lost approximately 2 pounds a week since. I've "stopped" along the way due to me adding more carbs than I should--but it's all good. I don't exercise either *hangs head in shame*.
  • I have lost 17 lbs in 10 weeks....average of 1.7 lbs a week....no exercise to speak of.... mostly it depends a lot on what you have to lose and how strict you are with your carbs.
  • During my first induction I lost 11lbs the first week, and 6 the second......then about 2 -3 lbs every week after that. I did walking everyday for my exercise. This time Im incorporating weights and cardio as well.

Remember that everyone is different and we all loose at a different pace. Congratulations on your 50lbs gone!! Great job!
  • I would tell you to keep in mind that everyone is different, however I think a few little birdies got to that line before I

On induction I lost 9 pounds for the 2 weeks, Averaging afterwards is a steady 2.5 pounds.

Way to go on the 50 pound loss! That's amazing! I tried slimfast and I loved thier meal on the go bars but other then that I couldnt gag down a shake for the life of me
  • i haven't lost a whole lot during induction, but i plan to stay on it for a while, more than the 2 weeks anyway. i felt like absolute dog poo the first few days and my blood sugar was really unstable, but now its going much better and i stay full so easily! i have a hard time eating over 900 calories a day even though i know you are supposed to eat at least 1200.
  • Wow, sounds good to me!
    The more I hear the more I want to start...
    Okay it's offical, today is my first day on the Atkins
    I'll let you guys know how it goes for the next few weeks...
    Wish me luck!
  • good luck
  • Good luck!!! If you need support you know where to come