Old 03-24-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Wed. Chat - March 24

Good Morning Everyone,
I don't hear the rain yet but I know it's coming. I can't complain though, at least it's not snow!
Today's weigh in went well, I'm down another 2.5 pounds this week. It seems to be my weekly average and I'm very happy with it. I have started to add nuts into my menu, walnuts, sunflower seeds and peanuts. I think I'm addicted to them now, so I have to make sure I measure out the serving size before I sit down to crunch on them. Otherwise I'd probably end up eating the entire jar
Off to work now, you all have a great day!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:31 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: Congrats on a great WI day!!! Keep up the good work

Well, I'm gonna be home sick today. Not cuz of the DD's, but because of me. Someone once said to me "I don't know how women can bleed so much during TOM and not die" and believe me on a day like today? I FEEL like I'm dieing! No wonder I've got ZIPPO energy!! I figure all that fluid's GOTTA make the scale go down, but I'd rather NOT feel this way to get it down! I don't know what to do to counteract it, and it's just started this a few months ago. No, I haven't gone to the doc. Figured there's nothing they can do about it.
Hope you all have a GREAT day!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good job Trazzie. Looks like we had the same idea at the same time! Someone will have to clean up my double post !
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Morning Lady...You snuck in on me!

Good News!!!! Hubby had a WHOOSH!!!! 3 pounds! I'm so excited. I know he was getting discouraged. But he is eating great and if he questions something he will call me first. (He hates reading and hasn't read the book.)

Also, I wanted to note... (I think someone has said this before) I think when we stall our body is giving our skin a chance to catch up. I've been stalled for 2 weeks, but it "feels" like I'm getting smaller. I just discovered this AM that it seems that is because my skin is tighter! I'm not minding the stall as much if that is what is happening. I really needed a little tightening up!

Oh, well...quite a few appointments today at work, but will try to check in again. Have a great day!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,

Wow it does seem like everyone is doing great, it's so nice to hear all the determination around here lately.

Trazzie - a wtg is in order for you 2.5 pounds, that's just awesome

Brenda - feel better soon hun, your TOM sounds like the 7th ring of **** so hang in there.

Lori - Glad your hubby had the whoosh, it's one of those marvelous things in the beginning that sure makes a difference.

In dire need of a shower, already worked out today, yeha pre-dawners . My mystery 2.5lbs is still here after 2 days but not too concerned yet, maybe I grabbed Trazzie's weight for her, had to keep the universe equal I'll take the hit for the team.

Better run, have training all day on the new payroll system, oohhh what fun, but an easy day in the very least.

Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS
Good job Trazzie. Looks like we had the same idea at the same time! Someone will have to clean up my double post !

If you wanted to, you could delete it. Just go in, click "edit" and then up "top" of the post it gives you the option of deleting it. just click ok and yes. Or something like that.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies:

Trazzie: Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work. I can relate to you on the nuts. Seems if I don't weigh them out, they are all gone before I even realize I have ate them.

Lori: Congrats to the hubby. Mine sounds a lot like yours. Although he has read the book, he still calls to make sure what he can and can't eat. Says he would rather be safe than sorry and he knows I can recite most of the book from memory

Brenda: Hope you feel better soon. I have been having about the same problems the last couple of months. I keep hoping it will get better soon!

TG: WTG on the pre-dawn workout. I can't seem to drag my butt out of bed to excersise early. Guess if I went to bed before 2am it would be a little easier.

Woke up this morning just feeling blah. Don't feel bad, but don't feel good either. Think maybe I just need to get "woke" up. Usually I hop right out of bed ready to run, but not this morning. Gonna run jump in the shower and maybe that will help. Hope all of you ladies have a great day, and I will check back later
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:12 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Man time is flying. I'm so busy at work lately (inhale exhale inhale )

I just bought a CD player for my desk here at work, its an alarm clock/CD combo so its nice and small. Brandy new, started listening to my 3rd Day Offerings I CD and poof, it stopped, so now I have to send it back.. Good thing there's free shipping or I would be p-r-e-t-t-y po'd LOLOL

Okay let me get some work done here.

Have a wonderful day girls and don't forget even if you have nothing to say, a simple HI will do.

Love Yah!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:25 AM   #9  

Good morning.

Went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 12 pants!!!! YIPPEE for me.
Still not all the 12's fit but most of them do now so I am a happy girl.
Also find that some of my old tops are too big on me now.....this is getting exciting girls

Mrs H: Hope you feel better later....maybe it is just that the winter is draggin on too long. Chin up.....we look thinner that way too.

lady_adnerb: Brenda you just seem to be having an awful time this month. Sometimes is does bite being a girl. Mine drags on for a couple of weeks but very light so it is more annoying than anything. You can make it through this I know you can. Have a nice day off..take care of you.

Tummy Girl: yah, yah, yah...you and your pre-dawners.....I was snug and warm in my bed this morning. No walking in the freezing weather for me today. I will do my video when I get home tonight.

LoriAS: Congrats to your hubby and I wish my skin would start to shrink!

Trazzie: 2.5 a week!!!!! I wish. I have been doing nuts since after the first 2 weeks. I am a salt snacker so I had to add them right away. I love sunflower seeds because they last longer but I find a big difference in some of them as far as carb count...some are 1 for 1 oz. and some are 3 for 1 oz.

Have a great day all....will check in later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:33 AM   #10  

Trazzie: Congrats on the further weight loss!! Ooooohhh I cannot WAIT to be able to eat nuts again!!

Brenda: Does the Atkins site say anything on heavier bleeding during initial or fast weight loss? I'd check it out. They have a great search engine that brings up all pertinent articles.

Lori: What a good thought on stalls. I hope my skin does tighten up! I really don't want to look like the saggy baggy elephant when I finally lose half of me. Congrats to the hubby!!!

Tummy: I wish I had your motivation. I am determined to move working out to first thing in the morning. I am such a night owl. I never want to go to bed before 1:30 AM!!!

Mrs. H: I hope you feel better. Waking up to the blahs is not so fun!!

Leenie: Have a great day!!! Enjoy your new CD player.

YAY to Jane for fitting into size 12s. How wonderful!!! You're doing great.

Today is THE day for me. I am going in for round one of hair removal laser treatment. I am nervous and excited all at once. I have had this horrid fuzz since I was 10!!! The thought of being fuzz free and actually not having to spend 30 minutes in front of the mirror plucking and waxing every other day makes me want to sing with joy!! I know it will be painful but oh, so worth it!! Have a wonderful day everyone and keep fingers and toes crossed for me please.
southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Good moring ladies just stopping by to say HI before I run off to petsit and go to work. I have a mystery 2 pounds today but it is not much of a mystery TOM is due within minutes!!! Have been staying OP even with PMS, I decided just if i am hungry then eat....just eat stuff OP and alot of things that have 0 carbs and it seems to be working!! I could tell I have PMS I came striaght homes yesterday and just yelled at DH for no reason!! LOL He just goes OK....

I will post more later when I get home!
Have a great day!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:46 AM   #12  
Head Princess

Morning All!

I've been fighting illness for the last 2 days and I think I'm losing. Ugh! Between cough medicine, antihistimines, and very bad prescription on the glasses, I'm completely looped.

So I'm apologizing for not doing proper personals, but I'm really unfocused. I'm noticing that I'm lapsing into the same type of illness every few months so I'm evaluating myself to figure out why and I think I found it. I play too hard. My friends and co-workers all like to go out and have a good time and I hate to miss out on the fun. So I go out 2-4 times a week. Not always drinking, but always out late. That means I end up averaging 4-6 hours of sleep a night and maybe I'm just running myself down.

So in the spirit of self-preservation, I'm going to learn to say no and make sure I get enough rest. Ugh! I hope that helps!

On an entirely different note....my goodness! there are a lot of you that sync on TOM. Isn't that funny? I've heard that women who spend a lot of time together often sync on TOM because of pheromones or something, but on a message board? How funny is that?
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:56 AM   #13  

Hi Ladies!

I can't write much but I just wanted to share what I have to put up with today at work...

Every Wednesday is bagel/donut day. Brueggers bagels and Dunkin Donuts. Well today, they added in a box of Krisy Kremes!!! Then on top of that, one Wednesday a month we have a company lunch. Well today is that day and what did they order? CHINESE! My absolute favorite food. If I can make it through the next half hour without cheating, I think I deserve a medal!

Wish me luck!!!
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:10 PM   #14  
Head Princess

I just happen to have a spare medal right here! I'll be spending the next 1/2 hour polishing it up in preparation for your victory!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

Aly - You can do it! I remember working full time and having all those treats around all the time! It is tempting.. but stay strong! You can do it!

Star - Get well! And slow down! I can understand the wanting to not miss out though! I am one of those that needs to learn to say NO too! Are you still in school?

TG - LOL! I do the same thing when I PMS Yell for no reason.. The family understands that now! LOL

Michele - I am so jealous! I want to have the laser hair removal too! I am Italian so I have always had the mustache! But I also have the peach fuzz face that runs in my dad's family. ANd I think I am PCOS because I have the dark hair thick on my chin now as I get older too. Between Twezing and waxing.. my face is a bumpy mess... but the cost is very prohibitive for me right now.

Jane: WOO HOO on the size 12s! See! It is happening! WTG!!

Leenie: What a pain about the CD player! Especially when you are busy at work! Music helps doesnt it?

Mrs H: I hope the Blahs are going away and you have a great day!!

Tummy - hope you have a great day! Good for you again on the workout. I am taking today off.. although I might get on my treadmill latere here at home. My legs felt like lead at 4:30 and I thought maybe I needed a day off since I am just getting back into it. Those 2.5 will come off.. you are doing to well for it not to!

Lori - WOO HOO for Hubby! And Woo Hoo For you too with the skin tightening! I had 2 C-sections and 2 Laporoscopies.. so even though my skin is tightening elsewhere, My skin on my tummy isnt.. If I need to have the Hystorectomy.. I just may have them tuck it at the same time...

Brenda - Hang in there! I am like that every month (Always have been) Take some Tylenol or Ibuprofin and B-Complex... It really helps. If you take the B-Complex every day it makes life easier at TOM time.. at least for me!

Trazzie - WTG on the loss! You are doing awesome!

As for me, I get to stay HOME today (Except to pick up kids!) I have a lot to do here but I think I am going to get on the readmill later. My body is saying "Karen, Exercise" LOL! Tomorrow is a run day so today will be a walk.. maybe some abs.

Well, Im off for now.. but I will be back later! Hugs to everyone!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote