Old 03-18-2004, 01:57 PM   #1  
The Princess O' Pets

Smile Revelations thread

I wanted to see if you guys wanted to do this. Every once in awaile we have a really great post, one where we have revelation about ourselves or our WOE, we have had some really great revelations or inspiring posts as of late, Jane and Spedmom come to mind. I thought maybe we could have a sticky of these individual posts to keep around for when we might need so extra inspiration we could re-read these posts.....

Wanna do this??
I would be happy to add my revelations from yesterday.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:31 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Good idea, TG!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:36 PM   #3  
Mouth of the South

I second that! Great idea.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #4  

Excellent!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:17 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Revelation on going off plan Wednesday 3/17/04

Well ladies time for true confessions.....Last night i had a little run in with a bowl of chili (it tasted REALLY good) I have had sucha bean craving and not green beans, I want starchy beans. Then I had a run in with Krispy Kreme dougnuts (they are like crack!!!) So I sat down last night and I thought why did you do that?? And i am not hiding behind anything here...this is why......Cause I wanted to (being totally honest). I justified it to myself cause i was feeling down yesterday and then I wanted Krispy Kreme's and I drove there and got them and then I wanted chili so I ate it. I just decided like Sped said before, I am not hiding behind excuses, I LET myself do it and i justified it to myself. I actually feel kinda good for having this cheat, this cheat taught me something about myself. New rules I set up for myself.

1. stop justifying why, it is simple you did it because you wanted! No more excuses.

2. When you are feeling down i need tougher armour, it is such al learned behavior my whole life, feeling down comfort yourself with food, get stronger amour, you are going to feel better the next day so just get through this day and move on to the next.

3. Remember you only are hurting yourself when you do that, the person you may be mad at is feeling just fine while you take yourself out with Krispy Kreme's!!

So those are the revelations I had last night. And actually i think for me they are good lessons learned, so I will take this as a learning cheat, something good has to come out of it right?? I am not saying I will never cheat again, i am just saying To have a revelation is good, since most of these habits have been with me since I was a kid.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:31 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Excellent idea. How about also, if something someone said is inspiring for you, cut and paste it here?? Hmm..then again, I'd be cutting and pasting the daily chat. You all are excellent inspiration leaders
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:52 PM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Any posts that was inspiring to others or the writer, and Ah-ha posts that you learned something or revelation will do.... THat way if someone is feeling in need they can go to the revelation thread get the cream of the crop posts and maybe they are feeling the same as that person and they can identify with what they said.