Old 03-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #31  

TORTURE! I got a caesar salad for lunch and am throwing out the croutons! Such a shame! One day I'll be able to eat croutons without guilt. I also bought a bag of the Atkins Crunchers. Have any of you tried them? I like them, but my mother hates them.
Teece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:24 PM   #32  
Mouth of the South

I haven't had them, but I am not a big fan of frankenfood. I had a chicken ceasar for lunch, but thank God the croutons at this deli suck, so it wasn't hard to leave them out!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:27 PM   #33  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

WOW! You all are Chatty!

I guess I should have mentioned what was up with the numbness for the newbies. I have endometriosis and it grows on my spine. So when I have TOM I get numb because it is right on the nerve endings that control my left leg. In July I had surgery to have it taken off, but apparently it is short lived this time around. Last time is was 8 years before I needed to have it done again. And it was so bad last time that he said we wouldnt play around with lasers, it is hystorectomy the next time.

Shimma - I think you are right to have a project during break for High schoolers! I always did! But then again, I was in a catholic all girls high school... they always expect a bit more....

I dont think i could catch up with all of you now! way too many posts!

So I am off to eat my egg salad!

talk to you later!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:51 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,
Last night was so much fun. My youngest DD won the kids dart tourney and got the most bullseyes so she's a happy camper coming home with 2 tropheys. When the pizza hit it was sooooo hard... they kept bringing me plates trying to get me to eat up. I was all "no im no hungry" " no thanks, not in the mood for pizza" etc.. I really didn't want to tell the world HEY IM FAT I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT.. CANT YOU SEE YOUR KILLING ME HERE?.. So I made way for the door and went to Subway and got the chicken wrap. Filled me right up and I headed back happy as can be, but that pepperoni pizza kept calling my name.. the dirty little bugger.. I ignored it and did just fine Later tho I was asked why I couldn't have pizza.. these people know me and know how much I LOVE to eat and couldn't figure out why the past couple of times I've joined them I haven't eaten anything.. so I broke down and told them hoping I wouldnt have to fight with a houseful of people about the "evils" of the Atkins Plan. Surprisingly enough they all thought it was cool and told me they would feed me peas next time.. GAG no thank you I HATE peas! Maybe now that it's out in the open it will be easier for me when we all get together.

On other aspects in life, I'm disappointed. I called to make an appointment to renew my birth control. I have a Norplant at the moment. For me it was god sent. 5 tubes injected into your arm and you dont have to worry about it for 5 years. I wanted to get new ones put in since I'm now on year 7 but was told that they have been discontinued! Now what am I going to do??? *sigh* Pills make me very sick.. they are not an option. I don't like the idea of getting a shot every 3 months and the patch just doesnt seem to be fitting for me. Ack I dunno.......doc said he would try to get ahold of it for me but he couldnt make any promises and I wont know until I go in. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Brenda - I seem to have lost all energy as well. Just so tired lately I don't really know whats going on. But as Star mentioned I haven't exercised in about a week. Other then a few short bike rides etc.. I havent given it nuts like normal. It's either that or this darn snow! Depressing as all get out!

Shimma - Happy to hear your feeling a tad better today. Hang in there girly and get a good nights sleep. You'll do just great!

Jane - As far as your NYC goal... well the numbers and you may not agree, but look at what you have accomplished. That is something to be pround of no matter! You clothes will be fitting just great here in a few, I would rather be "inbetween" sizes headed towards the lower then be stuck at where I was when I started.

Cat - My father is diabetic and he's one of the stubborn ones that doesn't like to admit it. Mom and I are both on Atkin's and he has been too.. he just doesnt realize it I can't technically say that because she still feeds him potatoes, but all sweets and etc have been converted. Bravo to you for taking control of your health before the real problems arise. Your a step ahead of yourself

Aly - Ive so much wanted to try TGIF's but we dont have one anywhere close to us. Let me know if its worth the hours of driving to dine. Enjoy your dinner!

Teece - Don't feel bad I never kept track of TOM either. It's been so stubborn and so irregular I just gave up on it. Strange but since I've been on Atkins it seems to be pretty predictable.

Star - WTG on avoiding the hangover. I very rarely drink but when I do I giver er nuts and it's always a given the next day I'm going to be spending in slow motion, IF I bother to move at all

GC - Of all the places huh? I haven't noticed ANY difference in that area which is surprising me, I thought they were going to be the first to go. I wouldnt complain alot, as of now if I want to workout or do anything that requires a bit of bounce I have to to strap them bad boys down. I wear a sports bra thats 2 sizes to small for me just so I don't give myself a black eye

Karen - That numbing does sound terrifying.. such an added bonus on top of the TOM troubles eh? Your website looks great btw, such wonderful designs! Your a very creative person.. Good for you!

Jd - It is extremely difficult to keep up the routines while you have visitors, great choice of going for your walks! But ya never know, maybe you can even get an extra one in with the company of your father

MrsH - GRATZ on the loss! Doesn't it just make you sick how fast men can lose it! ARG! Just not fair!

to anyone I missed.. so many posts today so hard to keep up! Have a great day all and YEAH tomorrow is Friday!!!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:53 PM   #35  

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about your endometriosis. My sister-in-law had it and I remember the pain she went through. Hang in there!
Teece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:12 PM   #36  

Karen: Forgot to tell you I went to your web site this morning. LOVED IT. I even sent the link to a friend of mine at work who is an avid crocheter! She was thrilled. You should be so proud!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:43 PM   #37  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane8760
Karen: Forgot to tell you I went to your web site this morning. LOVED IT. I even sent the link to a friend of mine at work who is an avid crocheter! She was thrilled. You should be so proud!
Thanks Jane! I love to tinker on the computer! And I love to crochet! I need to get a newer, skinnier picture of me up on the site. Thanks for sending your friend my way too!

I am just dogging this afternoon! I need more caffiene.. but I promised myself no more until later when I have to teach my crochet class!! I might make som CF tea though.. sometimes that perks me up!

Teece - I am definately hanging in there. I have had it all my life! (or at least since Puberty) But at 37 you just want to give it all up sometimes! I have my 2 kids and I am happy that I got them so if the Hysto is in my future.. So be it! (Can you tell Im tired of it?)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about my site too! I have a lot of fun with it!

OH ---- did I mention, I am going to be in New Hampshire in July to teach at the Crochet Guild of America's National conference. Is anyone here close by to meet me for coffee or something while I am there? I'll be in Manchester at a hotel near the Airport.
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:47 PM   #38  

Karen: I am about an hour away from Manchester. How cool is that that you are going to teach at the convention. I am going to a scrapbook convention there in May....wonder if it is at the same place.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:17 PM   #39  
Mom, Queen of Everything

WOW -- what's up with all the chatter today? I wish I came home earlier so I could have time to send out individual "hellos" to everyone. Sounds like most everyone is doing well. Not much news to report here, other than it's already been in the high 80's to 90 for the past few days and I'm slowly running out of clothing options for work. There is just absolutely no way that I'm going to start shopping now. I've got about 25 more pounds to go, and I don't intend to spend money on a "tween" wardrobe that i won't be wearing 3-4 months from now! Interesting what sort of outfits you can pull together, however, out of desperation!!

Later, gators!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:46 PM   #40  
The Princess O' Pets

Sped I have been going to Goodwill for in between clothes for Cheap...you would be surprised at the practically new clothes there!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #41  
Movin' and Losin'

I shop at Goodwill, too. They do have some nice stuff for cheap. My problem is length. I need tall jeans, and not many tall people donate clothes to Goodwill. So, I ended up buying some inbetween jeans. I was driving myself crazy trying to belt on baggy pants everyday. They still felt like they were falling down, and they looked terrible! So, I ended up getting some jeans at Old Navy. I'm not big on spending money, but I figured $20 for some jeans really wasn't too bad. I got them pretty tight, and I've been wearing them for a couple of months. Definitely worth the investment!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:57 PM   #42  
The Princess O' Pets

I have the opposite problem Jina, all the normal people donate and the short people must keep their clothes too like the tall people, I have to roll pants up, in the spring and summer it is cute though like capri pants.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote