Default WEEKEND CHAT - MARCH 13 & 14

Good Morning Chickies

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

HUGS AND KISSES
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:01 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: hope you have a great weekend!!

Well, today was scale day. I'm officially down FIVE pounds for the week. How'd it happen? Dunno. It made up for not going down for the past 3 weeks!! Of course, if the poundage would only go down in my gut I'd be happier. Then again, I've got excess all over the place. One part at a time right?

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning

Leenie -

Brenda - WOOT! 5 pounds! See and you were worried a couple days ago Way To Go!

After the past couple of days feeling so out of control I stepped on the scale this morning to face evil and see what damage I had done. To my surprise I'm down .5 lb. I'm a happy camper now that I know theres still hope for this week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Thumbs down

Good Morning all!

Having my cup of Java and checking in!

Leenie!! Hope you have a great day too!

Brenda:WTG on the loss! Isnt it funny how we do nothing then WHOOOOSHHH the Weight Loss Farie comes and takes a huge chunk away? CONGRATS!!

I cant believe I am number 3 on the board this morning!! actually I couldnt sleep any longer today.. so I just got up and made some coffee!

It looks like it will be a nice day today so hopefully I will be out in my yard cleaning up some of the plants and getting the beds to look better for spring! My bulbs are coming up and daffodils are blooming! I just love this time of year!

hugs to all and have a great weekend!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:43 AM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Trazzie - you snuck in on me! WTG on your loss too!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Morning chickie babies!!

Brenda that would be what we fondly refer to as the Whoosh or the BOOM! Yippeee it is great either way!!! Congrats lady you did great!

Trazzie CONGRATS on the .5 pounds and keeping this week together!!!

Hi Leenie, happy weekend!!!

Karen, I know what you are saying I have to get out there and fix up those flower beds too, daffodils are coming up through the weeds!! But yes I love this time of year too.

Yesterday I transplanted some ouf our suculents and moved all the plants off the mud porch and outside again. The day before was spent cleaning up the backyard and patio. all that rain sure can do a number on your yard! Not to mention the snow we had this year! Today is what I have been avoiding all week long........do do do do the inside of the house and......double do do do do THe LaUnDRy......ahhhhhhhhh. Also I scrubbed down the whole kitchen yesterday cause I have noticed lately we have these dang sugar ants, just a couple here and there, but enough to bug me!! I am not a fan of ants! I am got them a cute little ant hotel with stuff to bring back to their wicked queen.....BBBwhhaaaaaaaa

Anywho have a great weekend I am off to clean and them the gym.

LOve, TG

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 03-13-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies

Leenie - Having a wonderful weekend already, still in the pj's - right back at ya

Brenda - omg you go! That's so fantastic, that is the best feeling, I've very happy for you, it's been a loooong time coming, now if the weight loss fairy could just come two weeks in a row (and stop at all our houses for a quick visit )

Trazzie - woohoo for you, it really paid off sticking to the low carb snacks when you had the huh? Good job staying OP even with the munchies. Sometimes it really feels like crap when you have to resort to them but I swear the artful use of low carb snacks is an obvious life saver. Good for you!

Karen - so nice to have you back, a little more regularly anyway Have fun in the yard, we're still itching to get outside here, but sadly there's nearly a foot of snow keeping the tulips at bay. Work those gluts! I am in OWL, can you tell, I was doing the strawberry happy dance last week I was very careful with the input into fitday making sure I was going up 5gm a week only. I'm up to 40gm now and still lost 4lbs last week so all's still going great. Heck on induction I didn't usually lose that much. I've also started working out longer, for an hour a day, sometimes it's hard to find the time but so far so good. I have finally got to the place where I'm fit enough to really work out hard without killing myself so I really believe the extra effort in that department is paying off. Varied the workouts too, weights, kickboxing and pilates so it keeps the body guessing. So my best advice would be to go slow and add foods one at a time so you know whether there are problems with them before you get too far along. Honestly, it is easier now because I feel more like a regular person, this whole process has really solidified that I can do this forever.

TG - oh I hate those darn things too, nothing irritates me like insects in my ktichen, you show that queen a thing or two Hope you workout goes great at the gym.

Michele - your post from yesterday just pissed me right off. It does sound like intentional sabatoge and glad he was man enough to admint that. The other ladies gave some fab advice about it too. You know I won't even call it temptation on day 2. Motivation and willpower are learned behaviours that come from doing, they don't appear overnight. Good job on calling the situation like it was and realizing what was going on. On the workouts, well, the determination comes from doing it for 8 months, I used to pray for it then realized that the only way I would have the drive to continue was to push myself to get it done. After a few weeks I realized that I had it now, it came from the act of making myself do it again and again.

Catgirl - Let us know how the job turned out yesterday I'm hoping for the best.

Holy long post batman! I'll bbl to check in, the workout is calling my name.

TTFN
Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:06 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ladies

I dont have time to reply to everyone, but WTG for all our loosers!!!!

Im off for about a week for march break......I'll be back after that, ready for full blown induction and muscle weakening workouts!!

What a great bunch of ladies here.....its so nice to see encouragment and active loosers (I mean that in the nicest way possible ) Keep up the great work!!

I'll be back, but in the mean time, have a great weekend and a wonderful week!

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #9  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Greetings from rain-soaked Tucson!!! It rains about 3 times a year here in the desert and mother nature, sensing I had finally decided to get off my diminishing rear and do some yard work, woke me up with massive thunderstorms and pouring rain. I got back at her, though! I just decided to sleep off-and-on until mid-afternoon.

I'm finding that the mini-meal system is really helping me take off some weight now. Per doctor's orders, I've increased my caloric intake just so slightly, but have broken down my eating into about 6 "mini" meals. Suits me perfectly, because I'm a born grazer to begin with!

Brenda and Trazzie: To our incredible shrinking women....congratulations on that weight loss! I'm just so proud of both of you!

Tummy: Your talking about working out inspires me. I'm not at that point yet, where I pang for it, yet I keep showing up most mornings to do the "cross-terrain" for 45 minutes on the treadmill. It's slowly becoming such a part of my pre-work routine that I feel sort of lost if I don't go! Thanks also for the good advice on how to slowly add back in those carbs.

Karen: So good to see you back more. I'll never forget how you helped me find this board, and doing so has made all the difference in the world for me. Pull some weeds for me while you're out there today!

TG: Don't you EVER rest? Send those ants over here....one of my greyhouds absolutely loves to eat everything and anything that crawls on the ground.

Leenie: Have a good weekend. Well, not TOO good!!!

Robin: Enjoy Spring Break! Make the most of it!

Hope I didn't miss anyone.....well, off to Walmart for another afternoon of label-reading.
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #10  
Mouth of the South

I hope you all have a spetacular weekend! I am happy to say that I still have a job! When I get time, I will post more.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Great news Cat!!!

Sped: I feel like I never rest, I am the mother of 2yr old and 4yr old sons!!! Now you know fur sure I don't get any rest!! LOL I am sending the ants marching 1 by 1 to your house for your GH.

Its crappy I missed the gym today, I started cleaning the house and then noticed that our little Parolet (a pet bird, its the smallest breed parrot in the world, smaller than a parakeet) was not feeling well. So i had to rush her down to the vet. She had not been eating and was very weak, so I stayed with her and missed childcare at the gym...poop! Oh well there is always tomorrow, but I came home and cleaned my whole house top to bottom, and did laundry, went to costco and went to Lowe"s (like home depot) and payed off our credit card since we got our tax returns back. Whew I am tired.....but in the midst of all of that I did stop off for LC PIZZA!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #12  
Mouth of the South

Theo'sgirl, you probably got a good workout cleaning the house! I hope your bird is ok. If my cat got sick, I would put everything on the back burner too. I love my kitty!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:29 PM   #13  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Theo's Girl: Sending out warm fuzzy thoughts for your parrot's quick recovery. If it would help you take your mind off of things, I'd be happy for you to come and clean MY house from top to bottom! Just a thought, since you were kind enough to send the ant train my way....
Old 03-14-2004, 09:28 AM   #14  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning to all!!!!

I've been read through some posts (old and new), and there's one thing I keep seeing over and over and over again. Everyone seems to attribute their "cravings" for something sweet to their TOM. Well, I'm 42 years old (no spring chicken, but not over the hill yet), and I went through premature menopause at 39. It ran past me like a gust of wind. A few hot flashes, some irregular periods, and WHOOSH, it was over. No ill effects, I just was finished with that part of my life.

Still, about every 3-4 weeks I still get cravings for something incredibly starchy (a box of crackers) or sweet (hershey's kisses, like a whole bag full). These are tie-you-up-with-duct tape, lock-the-kitchen-door kind of cravings where I literally leave the house to avoid temptation. So, if I'm no longer hormone-driven, to what do I attribute those cravings? I've just been going on the assumption that every now and then these things are going to hit, if for no other reason than it's been a while since I've indulged, but without having TOM around, I don't have a scapegoat. And without that scapegoat, I don't indulge because I can't rationalize those cravings. I can't sit their and say, "Oh, it's my TOM and I have absolutely no control because my hormones are raging, so I might as well give in."

So, you may ask, what is the purpose of this posting? I wish I knew. Maybe it's because I walked out of my house and to Walmart at 10:00 last night because I was hit with a craving for the box of Jalapeno Cheez-Its in the pantry and I knew if I stayed I would be a goner. Maybe it's because I'm jealous, because I have no TOM to rationalize my cravings and make me feel better about giving in. And maybe it's because I want to know if there's anyone out there in my situation -- post-menopausal -- who also gets cravings (SEVERE cravings) and whether they've noticed that they fall into normal TOM time frames or if they're just random and what they do about it.

Okay, I can see that I'm rambling, but staying at Walmart until midnight on a Saturday is enough to drive any woman crazy. If you have any thoughts on this, let me know!
Old 03-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 6"

Geesh it's Sunday.. what happened to the weekend? It must have passed me right on by. I'm already dreading work tomorrow.. yikes thats a bad sign, maybe it's time to search the classifieds
Today I have to make a trip to the grocery store and restock my cupboards. This week has been so horrible I can't even bare to think of it, so I wont :grin: but I'm feeling much better today and will gain control of it all. Maybe it's time to slip back into strick induction for a week or two.. it couldnt hurt.

Theo - Hope your lil birdy does ok and gets better. I wouldnt worry about skipping the gym yesterday, cleaning your house is a workout in itself, especially if it's anything like mine.

Sped - Isn't it horrible the little games Mother Nature plays. I was going to hop on my bike last night for a quick cold ride. I bundled up and was ready to go.. stepped outside and unlocked it and out of no where.. freezing rain.. OYE! It was just enough to coat everything in a glimmering sheet of ice, then it stopped. You'd think she'd be on our side being a women and all

Robin - Have a great break!

Tummy - Yes LC snacks do come in handy, especially in desperate times. I think for Easter I'm going to put some in my basket in case I get the urge with all the chocolates around. I need to plan ahead for this or distruction is sure to happen

Karen - Enjoy your time working in your yard. I can't wait to get out there and start. My yard is screaming for help but no chance of me working on it til it warms up.. heck I haven't even taken the xmas lights down yet!

Okies I'm off to either clean house or go back to bed and have a lazy morning.. You all have a wonderful Sunday!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote