Old 05-24-2004, 07:39 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat, May 24th

Good Morning

Hope y'all had a good weekend. We've been having some wicked t-stormes here, its almost like its August in May. Weird and Scary lol.

I'm home today (playing hookie ssssssh ).

Watcha all do this weekend?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:25 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie enjoy your day!!!

Well, when I wasn't nursing my cold/flu/whatever I've got, I went to a baseball game, screwed up our checkbook and basically was a slug (and ate WAYYY too many carbs). I really wish I could afford to be a slug again today. But with all the rain we've been having I'm HOPING that the yard dries out enough so I can mow it before the next batch of rain settles in. Not to mention there's a dinner (oh Lord help me I've no clue what to eat!! It's a tai restaurant) for oldests DD's GS troop tonight. All I want to do is go to BEDDD!! WHAHHHH!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #3  

Morning Leenie.

Weight looks good this morning....didn't do any damage over the weekend so hopefully I will be down by the end of this week.

I went out on Saturday and bought myself a new sewing machine! 3400 dollars later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I am lovin it. I finally broke down and got it. I really wanted to buy the Viking machine but got a Brother instead. It can do so much more without having to purchase all the add ons and cost half the price of the Viking. So I know this was the right decision. I have owned my other Viking for 18 years now. But I am a Brother owner now!
This thing practically sews by itself! It doesn't need me anymore. It embroiders, monograms etc. Can't wait to actually sit down and really do something with it...I was just playing this weekend.

So I am now broke.............

Did some exercising this weekend and boy does my body feel tight today. I am going to try and get some in this week also. Need to get this last 10 off!

Well I am off to surf the net trying to find more software I can download for my new toy!

Have a good day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #4  

Morning Brenda.

Oh boy, Tai food..........stick with the chicken and veggie's...no sauces you should be ok I think.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:41 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Good morning

My last week of school! I'm so excited. And... all I gotta do is give exams and then grade them and get my final grades in. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I'm soooo looking forward to the summer. I still haven't found a part time job yet which really sucks.
My weekend was absolutely nothing to write home about. My sister had ankle surgery and I spent the weekend taking care of her since she can't really do much of anything except lay around. I did leave her alone for a good chunk of time yesterday when we had to clean out my BF's grandpa's shop.... all the rain we've been getting and the water is so high and it finally got into the shop and we had to clean everything out of there. So, it's Monday.... and I'm tired.

Hope you all have a great day!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:24 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, Atkins ladies!

Leenie: I won't tell! Enjoy your day "off"!

Brenda: Hope you get to feeling better.

Jane: Have fun with your new sewing machine.

Shimma: I'd be counting down those days, too.

Well, my anti-social feelings went out the window on Friday. I didn't end up going to the BBQ, but a friend and I went to the baseball game (Rays vs. Indians). That sounded like a much more fun option. I think part of my anti-socialness came from the fact that I didn't want to be around some people at the BBQ. Well, one girl to be exact. Kind of a drama queen, all-the-attention on me type of girl. So, I avoided her and had a great weekend! After the game, we went to a sports bar across from the stadium -- no wild-girl stories to be told, but we had fun. Sports bars always have lots of hot sports fans in them -- very hot boys there!

Saturday was just cleaning and running errands. Nothing too exciting.

Sunday, I went out to eat with some friends for lunch, took a walk (this is progress for me -- I have trouble getting exercising in on the weekends) and then went out to the beach to watch the sun set with some friends. Then, we went to a little restaurant on the beach for supper. Good times!

And, through all of this, I stayed OP. I wouldn't say it was the best eating -- lots of low-carb beer and WAY too many almonds, but it was all OP and much better than I had been doing. I feel very proud! I've got to weigh-in tonight, so we'll see if it payed off on the scale...

Well, I hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #7  

Jina: Glad you ended up finding something else to do and had fun. Good luck on your weigh in tonight.

Shimma: wow..kids get out early in your part of the country. Around here they stay in until around the second week of June. We start just before Labor Day in some towns....when do you start again?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:30 PM   #8  
Head Princess

Happy Monday, all!

Brenda - I hope you're feeling better!

TG - LOVE Panorama! Oh, do you know who Bolivia Carmichael is?

Leenie - Enjoy the storms! They're always so exciting

Jane - Wow. I can't imagine spending that on a sewing machine! (but this is from the girl who can barely sew on a button)

Rhonda - Wa-hooo!!!! One more week and then FREEDOM!

Jina - I'm glad you found a good alternative on Friday! Don't you just hate having to avoid the annoying ones?

My weekend was a blast. On Friday, I went dancing at a club called Embers until 2 in the morning. While there, my friend's dad and a drag queen both kissed my DH. So I'm no longer the kissing whore! I've never kissed 2 different girls in the same night Ok, they were tiny little pecks and he didn't kiss back, but still.......... After Embers, we went to a club called Panorama to dance some more. We finally left and went home when they closed at 4 am.

Saturday started at 9 in the morning We went shooting with a couple of friends. We went out in the forest and shot up full cans of soda and such. It was great fun! I shot a 45-70 rifle, an AR-15, a couple of Glock 9mm's, a Glock 40, a 45 GAP, a 357 (hated it), and a little 22 hand gun that I'm now in love with. So 6 hours, and over 1500 rounds later, I was exhausted!

We went home and crashed for about 4 hours and then went out for Karaoke. A couple of friends came over after we left the bar so it was another instance of not getting to bed until after 4 am.

Yesterday was a b-day party for my friend's 3-year-old. The was there, but she was acting super nice to me. I think she's scared After the party, DH and I went home for a nap and dinner only to get called and asked to go back and watch movies with the grown-ups. So we watched American History X (fantastic movie!) and then went home. No drinking!!! That's amazing with this group. So we were home by midnight and in bed by 1.

Big weekend, but totally fun. I'm almost even over my sore-ness from so much dancing and shooting.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #9  
Total Sass Bucket

Jane we started somewhere around August 17th
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi guys. I hope that everyone have had a great weekend.

Leenie, we too had thunderstorm here, both this morning and Friday night, kind of scary.
Brenda, have fun in the yard. I have a little back yard and some how this year, I am getting interested in working in it. I am very tired of same old same old flowers. I have been reading about different flowers and landscaping ideas so I get enough nerve to one day completely revamping it.
Jane, wow a new sewing machine. You are very talented. What type of things do you make? And did you teach yourself or did you go to a class or something?
Shimma, have a great summer. I hope that you find a fun summer job real soon.
Jina, way to go on staying OP the whole weekend.

I made another discovery, 3 minute chocolate cake? Have you guys tried it? I found the recipe at lowcarbfriends and followed the suggestion of one of the reviewers and used almond flour instead of soy flour. It came out great. I used to have a piece of cake, or a muffin, or scone for breakfast everyday and I had missed them so much. This cake is so good it is unbelievable. It has 5.5g carbs and 2.5g fiber, and since I made it with Almond flour had a crunchy texture. And the best part, you make it in the same dish that you bake it, so not too many dirty dishes. Anyhow, this was my weekend find.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

I've got just enough time to read all about your weekends....and now I've got to go mow the lawn before it starts to rain (again). The grass is still wet but there's no help for it. I should get it done in an hour-1 1/2 hours.
Hey, Did I tell you all?? DH is back on 1st shift. WOOHOO!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #12  

Star: I was dancing on Saturday too! I counted mine a little bit on the Equator Trek. Figured with the dancing and gardening I did this weekend it would have to count as at least 1 mile!

Shimma: WOW that is early to start! Around these parts with the Cape so close and all people with summer homes have a fit as it is having to come home before Labor Day to start school. I can't imagine if they had to come home in early August.

Rachel: My mother signed my up for 4-H when I was 10. A neighbor was starting a sewing group. I have been sewing ever since....and I am long way from 10! I used to sew more clothing but it isn't much cheaper to make them these days....still make some skirts. I do some home decorating etc and lately have been taking in all my pants!!!!!!!! I am a quilter too.....this machine should make that sooooo much fun now!
Tonight I have to go home and finish a set of roman shades I am making for a friend of ours.

Brenda: You shouldn't be mowing the lawn if you don't feel well....don't over do it!
Old 05-24-2004, 01:58 PM   #13  
The Princess O' Pets

NOTICE TO THE CHICKIES: : )

It has been a long time since we have used the personal goal thread (the sticky one at the top of the page for long term goals) I have updated it so if you wanna add or revise yours, etc just jump right in there! It is great motivation to have a goal, but we gotta keep em' fresh so we remember them, hence the update....

Thanks babes!

I will check back in for personals in a few gotta go off break, this was just a note from Saturday.

LOveTG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:32 PM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

He yall! Im in and out today but wanted to stop by and wish everyone of you a wonderful week....only 9 days of school left!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,
I haven't been around much lately and truthfully theres no excuse for it. I've been feeling down lately because my losses are coming soooo slowly I can't stand it. I haven't given up but I've barely been hanging on. I am not going to be under 200 by my birthday and I think thats thrown more depression on me then I had thought it would. I made some bad eating choices this weekend and now its over and done with.. time to push this self pity aside and get back to business So enough whining about me.. let me whine about the weather.. What is up with all these storms and rain rain rain?? My basement is flooding and the rivers of the city are dangerously high.. a couple more good storms and I'll be swimming to work. Never have I seen it this way and I've lived here for most of my life... It's just insane.
Okies off to do some housework.. Hope you all have a great night and maybe the sun will be kind enough to shine on us all tomorrow!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote