Help for a restarter:

• Hi all. A quick question. My high weight was about 175. I managed to lose some by watching what I ate, then more following atkins. I got down to 145. I took the month of February "off" to be sure I could maintain and had no problem. I restarted Atkin's about a week ago, and have stayed exactly the same. I am going to list my daily totals to see what you guys think is the problem. Is it REALLY the diet coke??? I don't drink coffee, so I really need this. My test strips are only turning the lightest shade of pink.

I do tend to gain also when I ovulate, which may be the problem, but it usually does not last a whole week...

Also, last time I was not hungry after the first few days, this time, I am always hungry.

Any advice?

3/9/04:
    cal: 1168
    Fat: 62.5
    Carb: 19.5
    Fiber: 5
    Sugar: 11
    Protein: 129

Drinks:
    Alcohol: none
    diet soda: 48 oz
    water: 80 oz

Foods: 1 can tuna, 1 T mayo, 1 slice cheese, 1/2 scoop keto shake mix, 2 servings shrimp, some canola oil, 1/2 egg, little horseradish, 3 c lettuce, 2 T blue cheese dressing, chicken breast, tiny bit atkins teriyaki, 1 chocolalte covered raisin

175/145.5/125
  • Are you restarting Atkins on the induction phase?
  • yup - trying to do induction, but really need the caffine
  • Baily,

If your starting off with induction I don't think you are supose to have the Keto shakes. I think your allowed to have them after the first two weeks.

The rest of your menu looks good to me.

I love your honesty about the ONE chocolate covered raisin. I'll warn you though...that's the way little things creep up on you. I'm learning about that right now. One little taste leads to a bigger taste for me. Just a friendly warning.

Keep up the good work. When I restart Atkins I rarely lose anything the first week. I usually lose the second week.

Blessings,

ChrissyB
  • thanks!

I am pretty good at sticking to only tiny bits of chocolate (1 ch covered raisin, 2 chocolate chips, etc). Hopefully that will remain true. If I don't allow it, I obsess over chocolate all day!

Hopefully I will see some loss next week, although I started a major workout program 2 days ago, so that may kill it. Mainly, I feel like my stomach has GROWN this week...

Am going to try to limit the diet soda intake to 1 16 ouncer today - wish me luck!
  • Hi Bailey

here are my 2cents.....up your fibre and lower your soda intake. Fibre will help fill you up, and keep things moving. I just restarted Atkins on Monday, and Ive been trying very hard to keep my fibre above 20g. Try to up your protein too if you can. I know its hard sometimes. But you can find some really good low-no carb protein mixes out there. I use Optimum Nutrition and usually drink 2-3 a day.

Good luck
  • Are you sure that your measurements haven't gone down? The scale may not but maybe the measurements have. And if you've started an exercise program that may be building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat (Don't remember who on here said that--but it makes sense).
  • Hey -

Thanks for the tips - one question: How do I up my fiber without increasing my carbs???

Any advice appreciated!
  • choose high fiber veggies...cabbage, broccoli brussel sprouts etc...and fibre supplements.