Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 AM   #1  

Default Another Newbie...

Good Morning,

I've popped in on a couple of threads already, so I thought it would be a good idea to stop and introduce myself.

Here's the story...I started Atkins last April. I've lost 40 pounds so far (which has been up to 45 and down to 38, back and forth) with 35-45 pounds to go...I absolutely love Atkins and low carb eating.

I've been stalled out (my fault, not the plan) for a few months, but still I haven't even been tempted to go off plan cause I don't want to get the carb cravings back.

I exercise 6 times a week, 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio. Oh, and I love to hike, too (when weather permits)!

So, I thought I'd join your group for some needed 'encouragement'...because I need to get my rear in gear and get the weight loss moving downward again, summer is coming!

Chat soon
Summerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Summer, welcome aboard.

Your not alone, I've stalled the past few months and thats because I've been choosing the wrong foods OR to much on plan foods. Calories is my culprite oh well LOLOLOL.

Do you hike alot ? I am asking because I am looking for a really good shoe (not for hiking but for every day use) and I heard that hiking shoes/sneakers have excellent support. What kind of shoe do you use ?

Hope we get to see you on the daily thread
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Summer,

Glad to see you jump right into the threads, it's nice when ppl take the initiative to join right in although at times I'm sure it's kinda intimidating. And you definitely going to be able to share some good advice with all of us after doing this for nearly a year, which is fantastic! Welcome aboard, and congrats on the weight gone already. to the rest of it following shortly.

Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:46 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Hi Summer and welcome. ALways best to jump right in. These ladies are a friendly bunch Congrats on the weight loss!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Summer,
Way To Go on the loss! ..and Welcome to the board. There are alot of wonderfully supportive people here with great advice. Jump right in ...Look forward to hearing from ya!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:01 AM   #6  

Angry

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome! I'm anxious to get to know you!

I'll make sure to check in every morning. Making a plan for the day always helps.

Leenie: when the weather gets nice, my sis, DD and I try to hit the trails every weekend for a day hike. Love it! There was one hike we went on last year that especially kicked my butt, so it's on my hit list...gotta try it again to see if I can make it up the hill a bit faster, it's a challenge for myself.

Chat soon,
Summerchick is offline   Reply With Quote