3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Rate your scale :dunno: (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/37698-rate-your-scale-dunno.html)

ChewGirl 03-09-2004 01:07 AM

Rate your scale :dunno:

:dunno: I was just wondering how you like your scale. I just bought a new digital one at Wal-Mart and there's a 10 lb difference. The new scale shows my weight as 10lbs. heavier. Yuck! I know I didn't gain 10lbs. on my bike ride to Wal-Mart but, it was a shocker none the less. I am still hooked on my less accurate old scale. If you tip to the right you can lose 3 lbs. every time. :)

lady_adnerb 03-09-2004 07:38 AM

I'm thinking my scale is right. It matched the old one that I thought was broken :lol: I'm not fond of scales---except I'm beginning to like them a little better now that they're moving on the DOWNWARD trek instead of constantly going up

Amyjo01 03-09-2004 08:33 AM

I have a digital one I got from Wal-Mart ~a year ago and I like it. It is about 2 pounds off from the medical scales at work and the Doctors so I am pretty sure it is right since I do not weigh in the nude at work or the doctors.... and I usually have on blue jeans and a sweater/sweatshirt at the MD's and scrubs and tennis shoes at work.

Basically it doesn't fluctuate much.

Summerchick 03-09-2004 09:08 AM

Good Morning,

I bought a new scale last summer, and the same thing happened to me. It was disappointing after so much hard work to see a gain like that, even if it wasn't really a 'gain'. So much emotion is wrapped up in that number.

I haven't been to the doctors yet this year, so I'm not sure how close it is to the doctor scales, hopefully it's close.

Tummy Girl 03-09-2004 10:30 AM

I still have an age old dial scale. I started with it and will not get a new one until all this weight is gone, for that exact reason. I don't want something reading 10lbs up on me until I'm done. I do have to be careful because it can get some character from time to time but it consistently goes down and that's all I require :) That and tight abs of course ;)

chequitagirl 03-09-2004 12:20 PM

i have a digital one from wal-mart that i like pretty well. it is about 4 lbs. off (lower) than the dr. and the gym, but i go by it. all three scales show the same amount of a loss or gain. and as long as the scales are going down, my clothes are getting bigger, and i am losing inches then i am happy.

ChrissyB 03-09-2004 12:50 PM

I have an old dial scale. I don't think it's as accurate as some because when I went to the Dr's I weighed 10 pounds more. I don't let it bother me. I use to have a digital scale.....I really didn't like that scale. It met it's end and I had a big, big SMILE on my face!!! Don't ask....it wasn't pretty :)

lady_adnerb 03-09-2004 01:44 PM

I don't like weighing-in at the doc office. They've already (the nurses) told me their scales aren't right. :o

Trazzie 03-09-2004 04:03 PM

I have a digital I bought a couple years ago and I think it's still fairly accurate. I put a 5lb bag of sugar on it from time to time and it reads 5lbs so it cant be too far off. Even if it is off base the numbers are getting smaller and thats all I really care to see. :)