Old 03-08-2004, 12:50 PM   #1  
Mouth of the South

Default Winsor Pilates?

Has anyone tried Winsor Pilates? I got the dvd's for Christmas. Her diet plan is pretty low carb, and she claims pilates compliments low carb diets. I was wondering if this is true? I hope so! I hate cardio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #2  
Domestic Goddess

Do you have to have any special equipment to do Pilates? I don't really don't know much about Pilates. I've seen an infomercial every now and then but that's it. I really have to get into some type of exercise. Pilates seems like something I'd be interested in because I'd be able to do it inside away from the heat of summer...LOL!!
ChrissyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #3  
Mouth of the South

The Winsor Pilates was designed to be done w/o equipment. The only thing you will need is a mat, and those are pretty cheap.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:28 PM   #4  
Domestic Goddess

Catgirl,

How hard do you think the exercises are to do. I have the flexability of a metal rod....yea, NONE! I'm sure through time this would change. I also have to be careful of my back. I just had an MRI done on Friday. I'm waiting for the Dr. to call and tell me what's wrong with it....I wish that I could have a strong back like a 18 year old football player. Instead I have the appetite of one!!

Thanks for the info. Maybe I should check out a Pilates tape at the library. I think the infomercial I watched had the people doing in exercises using resistance bands?

Chrissy
Old 03-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Star swears by the Windsor pilates!!! She says they are great!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #6  
Mouth of the South

I hope the ab part works, because I have ALOT of abs to work off!
Old 03-08-2004, 05:17 PM   #7  

They work really well for abs, I use todo them and got great results but then I got lazy :/. I'm going to start my winsor pilates again tomorrow when i start my low-carb diet. good luck.
Manola_Mudslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

I just did my first pilates workout ever yesterday, my stinking abs are burning, it was definitely a bit interesting at first getting used to the breathing, movement and muscle isolation but I highly recommend it. I can kick box for an hour without too much trouble now but 30 minutes of that and I was done, it works muscles that most exercise doesn't and you can fell it.

Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #9  
Domestic Goddess

What tapes are you guys doing ?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:47 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Maybe I should borrow my sisters copy before buying my own. Just to see if I can even do them. I need something easy that lets me work up to getting stronger. Going full force just turns me off of an exercise.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:19 PM   #11  
Mouth of the South

Brenda,

These are pretty easy. There are some moves that aren't. She has a woman doing a modified version. I hate working out!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:39 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

I hate working out also. I'll see if I can borrow my sisters before buying it though. Last time I bought something I couldn't do it at all so I'd like to try it. Of course, once I bought an ab machine and ended up throwing my back out. Not the machines fault but I'd like to know ahead of time what I'm getting into this time.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:14 AM   #13  

Hi,

I have the Winsor pilates DVD too. I really like it, especially the 20 minute workout, but I haven't been doing it like I should.

When I 'was' doing it a few times a week, the ab work was a killer, I couldn't do all it. I need to find a way of getting it back into my exercise routine just for that killer ab routine.

Good luck,
Summerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

My tapes are Stott pilates, it's a canadian based company out of Toronto. They have about 50 different tapes depending on what equipment you have. There's a mat series of 4 progressively harder tapes, a ball series, a flex band series and then a whole bunch more with the reformer, barrel, cadillac and other stuff I can't remember. I started with the level 1 dvd and now am alternating between level 1 and 2. They have a very comprehensive teaching technique. My only caution would be if someone has back problems they should probably get hands on instruction from a pilates studio b/c if you're not strong enough in your abs to hold some of the movements your back will suffer. (some moves involve sitting up from a lying down position w/o using your hands.)

I've found that after only a few sessions my neck looks longer, my posture is better and my tummy pooch is not so poochy so I'm sold.

Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #15  
Mouth of the South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerchick
Hi,

I have the Winsor pilates DVD too. I really like it, especially the 20 minute workout, but I haven't been doing it like I should.

When I 'was' doing it a few times a week, the ab work was a killer, I couldn't do all it. I need to find a way of getting it back into my exercise routine just for that killer ab routine.

Good luck,
I can do the 20 minute routine and break a sweat. The advanced one, forget it for now! That is like suicide for someone who is out of shape!