Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #1  

Default Who was it that made their own power bars? Care to Share recipe again please?

I started jan 26 2004 and remember in this last month someone posted how they made their own bars. baked them I believe but could be wrong.
Could you please post it again. I am wondering if I made something like that cut up in small pcs if I could use it as nibbles at work I could sneak in between customers. ( instead of popcorn chicken)
Thanks in Advance.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:03 AM   #2  
Princess in Training

Chocolate-Almond Protein Bar
Ingredients:
Dough:
1/4 c. plain whey powder
1/4 c. almond or hazelnut meal
4 T unsweetened natural almond butter
1 T powdered Splenda

Topping:
1 T Splenda
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. sliced almonds
2 T coconut oil

How to Prepare:

In a small mixing bowl, combine dough ingredients, mixing well. Remove from bowl and work with hands into a soft dough.

In a separate bowl, mix topping ingredients. You will probably need to microwave the coconut oil first. This should be liquidy with chunks of almond.

In a shallow 5 by 5 tupperware (the diposable ones are great for this) press the dough into the bottom, removing air pockets. The dough should form a layer about 1/2-1 inch deep...anything thicker and your bars will not hold together as well. Pour topping over dough, spreading evenly. Freeze over night (or if you can't wait, the bars can be carefully removed in as little as 30 minutes after the topping as hardened). Cut into 4 bars. Best kept in freezer as they will get too soft if exposed to heat. I do not suggest using liquid sweetener in these as there is no water part to them and liquid may make them too runny. I've had good results using a layer of topping on the bottom and the top to make a more solid bar.

this recipe makes about 4-6 bars...about 4-6 carbs each bar I think, but do the math yourself.

Last edited by Khem; 03-04-2004 at 09:05 AM.
Closed Thread