Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #1  

Question Can you eat all the toppings!?

I just read on someone's website that they order a pizza and eat all the toppings and leave the crust. THis can't be healthy. The sauce alone would be bad, right?
Old 02-18-2004, 02:17 PM   #2  
Total Sass Bucket

When I get a craving for pizza, i usuall scrape the bulk of the sauce off.... leaving a bit. I've looked at a LOT of pizza sauce carbs and I know that commercially prepared sauces usually have sugar, and that amount of sugar usually increases if it's a resturant prepared sauce..... so... eating the sauce is where you're going to get a TON of carbs.... but I usually leave a smidgen on. Of course, my friends usually get weak and eat the crust so I KNOW I'm better off than they are anyway.

If you do crave pizza, they do have low carb pizza crust mixes out there. CarbSense (I think) makes a really really yummy one. I've only had it once but I swear I didn't feel like a single thing was missing!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:14 PM   #3  
Head Princess

It depends on the toppings, too. I don't think you want to be downing a bunch of pineapple
Old 02-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Oh gawd, I never have pineapple on my pizza.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:18 PM   #5  
Head Princess

Canadian bacon, pineapple and mushroom used to be my favorite.

Now it's pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and black olives
Old 02-18-2004, 03:19 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

pineapple on pizza?? oh i don't think so!!! I've scraped the toppings off a couple times. it's yummy. I've to mozzarella and pizza sauce in stock and those low carb tortilla's. I'm gonna make me a pizza someday I'm thinking. IF I can't stand induction anymore. I'm hoping to stay on induction for this week. just to prove to myself I can do it. Wish me luck! lol
Old 02-18-2004, 03:22 PM   #7  
Head Princess

Those tortillas work pretty well for pizzas. I don't think they're as filling as using the Carb Sense pizza crust, but they're definitely easier and cheaper!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:22 PM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

lol. What I've also done (and I swear someone is gonna yell at me for this) is if I'm all by myself and craving pizza..... I'll take a piece of low carb bread, some pizza sauce some toppings and chese and throw it in the oven. My sister and I used to eat these all the time before ATkins....... They're so yummy. I make mine a meat lovers just like pizza hut.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

YUM! I'm hungry for pizza now. I've used the tortillas for pizza, too. Pretty tasty. I like hamburger, pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms. It really does the trick for a pizza craving like I'm having now...
Closed Thread