Weighing myself and a few other things

• I weigh myself in the morning..when I weigh my self...I go by my blouse sizes and pant sizes MORE than the scale...I have heard it is not good to weigh yourself EVERY day, That is is better once a week...and I must agree because I get discouraged, when I don't see the scale dropping EVERY day...then when I get discouraged..thats I believe when we want to cheat ...and fall off the diet...I look at this as a way of life not a diet ...but it is not healthy anyway to lose more than 2 pounds a week after the first 2 weeks..

I am one of those people on Atkins that never reach ketosis even if I stay on induction permanately....I stil lose weight even though I don't...

I would like to share that I read that the weight comes off in the REVERSAL of the order it goes on the body..so I gain weight first in my thighs...last in my stomach...when I lose I LOSE INCHES ....FIRST ....in the upper stomache area....and LAST in my problems area...

I go by inches more...the way I know I've lost inches is by my pant sizes and blouse ..blouse FIRST ..I am down one blouse size in 6 weeks. blouse and pant size.... I lost about 3 pounds the first week and 2 pounds the next week.. 1 ound a week since..I've lost a total of 10 pounds in about 6 or 7 weeks..

But I am losing alot of inches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I guess I'll go by both. But mainly the clothes size. It's just nice when someone asks "how much did you lose" I can let them know Surprised the neighbor---so I've obviously not lost enough that people noticed You'd think so!! lol. Well, that time will come won't it?!~
  • I am a scale jumper. Everymorning before shower I gotta know.
    It hasn't moved much all week 1 lb but it will I know it will.
    My tight 16 work pants are loose and I can wear a 14 now thought tight.
    I test the keto strips and I register each day. Hopefully it is burning my body fat and not days fat that is registering though.

I think I have heard 10 lbs is one dress size.
    As for your neighbour could it be you are weariing sweatshirts and sweaters so it is not as noticable? Or maybe you moved into smaller clothes so the bagginess isn't there to see the loss

Forgot to say hubby did say yesterday my arse was getting a bit smaller. Not quite sure if that was his lame try at a compliment or not.
    He is kinda an arse himself so I guess I will take it as a compliment LOL
  • jjcj--i'd take what DH said as a compliment.

Usually I have my coat on when I see the neighbor---so it's possible she doesn't/didn't notice. I've always worn clothes that are bigger to hide behind. Well, once I started gaining weight anyway. I just bought 2 new shirts---and they're like 3 sizes smaller than I usually wear (but still baggy I think). Not sure I'll have the guts to wear them!!! But wanted something different.
  • I weigh myself every Wed. in the morning after the little girls room. This is the weight I count. I do hop on almost everday but at odd times. I like to see what drinking water packs on, eating a big steak or just to check progress. It helps me learn how what I eat effects my weight etc.
    I also have a couple pairs of pants I try on every Wednesday. Because even if the scale is going slow I can almost get them zippered So I know I am making progress. I know a stall is coming up soon so I am preparing myself. Those numbers wont keep me down!