Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #1  
Head Princess

Talking Letter to the pets

Dear Dog and Cat:

When I say to move, it means to go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way.

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is therefore not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me does not help either, because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will resort to sleeping on the sofa to ensure your comfort.

Look at videos of*dogs and*cats sleeping. They can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but sarcasm.

My compact discs are not miniature Frisbees.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine and try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. When I exit this room, I will come out the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years. Canine attendance has never been necessary.

The proper order is kiss me, and then go smell the other*dogs' butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.

Now, In return for your following these simple rules, I have posted the following message on our front door:

Rules for non-pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you do not want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.

3. I like my pet a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, it is an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and does not speak clearly.

5.*Dogs and*cats are better than kids. They eat less, do not ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, do not hang out with drug-using friends, do not smoke or drink, do not worry about buying the latest fashions, do not wear your clothes, do not need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the results.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Ha! You're hilarious, Star! That was a great letter.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

haha..and so true it is! Great letter Star!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:09 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

I should print that rules for non-pet owners list for when my mom comes over. lol
Closed Thread