Manic Monday, Feb. 2

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning, Sped and I are running around this darn board this morning posting up a storm,

Froufy hang in there! Throw it away, give it away or set it on fire! Hope today finds you induction bound . Weekend when good, cuz I lost 2 pounds in a few days which hasn't happened in so long that it was a tad surprising.

And for everyone who says that low carbing isn't for everyone, my friend who started Atkins 2 weeks ago has lost 6lbs! She is intensly metabolically resistant and if she can lose then vola, everyone can, it is never impossible. I'm just so happy for her, we've got our own little support group up here . Gotta go pick up df from nights, bbl.

Tummy
  • Morning all.

Tummy- wow! congrats to your friend! I bet she feels awesome.

long day here, 5 classes and then a 3 hr lab. Karate later tonight, so that'll be a good relief from the day. Hope everyone has a good monday
  • Good Morning,

I have to run to a computer class today, yes all day so I will hopefully catch up tomorrow when the boss is away

Hope your weekend was a good one.

Leenie
  • Tummy---it's great that your friend lost that weight. It is amazing how if a person is willing to give it the "TOTAL" try then it works (unlike my mom-but we won't go there)

Lixue--sounds like you've got a busy day planned. I always thought Karate sounded like fun

Leenie--Hope you have fun at your computer class!

I'm still tired from the weekend. And of course now it's snowing. We have 2 types of winter days. It's either freezing below zero with nasty wind chills or else we have snow. WHEN is Spring gonna get here???? I've got nothing planned today. I took the day off. Probably going to sew the Girl Scout patches from LAST year onto youngests vest. I almost should seeing how this is her last year of being a Brownie. They're getting WAY too old!! I ended up making my SF jello w/chocolate whipped stuff (my DH kept sneaking fingers into the whipped stuff!!) instead of the cookies. So hooray for me

Hope you all have a great day.
  • Good morning all!
    What a weekend. Saturday night I was betrayed by all my fellow Atkins friends when they decided to order pizza. They decided that we'd all just scrape the toppings off of the crust..... I was the only one who followed through!!! They ate crust!!! They ate crust!!!!! And let me tell you, I LOVE crust. I love all sorts of breads but I knew how many carbs there were in those pizza crusts and I knew it would not do me any good to follow suit..... so I stayed strong. Hence, last night my sis and I had low carb pizza using the carbsense garlic and herb crust (thankyou star for recommending it). It was fabulous. See? I had my pizza and ate it too!!!
    Then there is the exbf issue... all of a sudden, he's just as fun as he used to be when we started dating. We hung out all weekend and had the greatest time. I just really wanted to ask him why he wasn't like this when we were dating. Ugh. I know I could have him back if I wanted but I think the smart move at the moment is to wait, be friends, and see how I feel in a few months. Besides, I have someone else I need to get out of my system before I can totally focus on my ex..... Hey, I never said I was an angel.
    So, this morning I'm feeling great and am going to try to study in between classes because I have a test tonight!!! EEK. It's the first one and I don't know what to expect.... but... we are getting some sleet and snow.... class just may be cancled. heheheheh

Hope you all are doing well!!!
  • Good morning all. I am moving very slowly this morning. Too tired.

Stayed up to watch the football game...now I am paying for it. But we won! They arrive back home today around 6 pm. Fans will be there at the stadium when they arrive. It is really cool. There will be a parade in Boston tomorrow.

Eating wasn't too bad this weekend. I am up 2 pounds but that is par for the course. I really need to watch what I do on the weekends or I will never get over this stall that I seem to be on. I keep losing every week and I gain almost all of it back on the weekend.

It's a quiet day at work today. A lot of people took the day off it seems. I don't have anything scheduled again so I brought in some PhotoShop stuff to work on.

Shimma: I didn't see any posts from this weekend...how did the surgery go?

lady_adnerb: That darn groundhog saw his stupid shadow again so spring is not going to arrive for 6 more weeks. Maybe if they put the groundhog on Atkins and he lost some weight he wouldn't see his shadow anymore!

Leenie: Have fun in class...what type of computer course is it?

lixue: Busy, busy......

Tummy Girl: Congrats to your friend. I am one of those metabolically challenged people and this woe has worked for me too. So when I get people on my case about being on Atkins I just smile and tell them that it is working for "me" and that is what is important.

My husband and I were discussing it last night as a matter of fact. He even said that I haven't really had to change my diet much except for the no bread, potato, pasta thing. I have never been a big veggie eater so being limited is not a problem. Granted there are some things I miss, yogurt and cottage cheese for one but I can live without it.

My mom just called me to tell me that my nephew came home from college. He is having terrible headaches that they just can't seem to control for him. He was born with Hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain). He has a shunt but has been extremely lucky because the things that could have happened to him never did. But the poor kid has such bad headaches. Of course I think the "college life" is not helping him any I will have to call him later to see how he feels.
    I feel so bad for him....he is such a nice kid....adorable too!

Have a nice day ladies...I am off to dig out my morning snack.
  • Jane: Thanks for asking about the surgery. It took longer than expected because the tumor was much larger than anticipated. The same surgeon did her surgery that did her husband's and said it was the exact same cancer her husband had except her tumor was larger. They're still trying to decide what to do. She watched her husband go through the radiation and everything and he still died just a year later and had to have 2 more surgeries because the cancer is really aggressive and just grew so fast. It's in stage 4 too, so all in all, not good news. I'm planning on making a trip to see her on Friday (first possible opportunity without cutting class).
    Sorry to hear about your nephew... I hope things get better for him.
  • Oh Shimma I'm so sorry. What a horrible thing to go through. Imagine getting the same illness that your husband had. I'm sure having gone through it with him means she knows more than she wants to.
    I will be thinking of her and you.
  • Good morning! I am draggin a** today! Ok, the truth is that I'm hung over today! Ugh! That alcohol gets me every time! One of these days I'm gonna learn.

Tummy - that's great about your friend!

Lixue - I love martial arts! I used to take Tae-kwan-do. I'd love to get back into it, but my schedule and wallet don't currently allow it.

Leenie - have fun with the puters!

Brenda - good job on cookie avoidance!

Shimma - girl, you are dealing with a LOT!

Jane - we won! Ok, I didn't even know who the teams were when the game started, but I opted for the patriots.

Warning: long rambling rant is about to happen!

So the game was fun and there was a goodish amount of people there. We were eating the best buffalo wings I've ever encountered in my life and having a good time. Then, after the game was over, a subway wrap commercial comes on and this guy starts going off about Atkins and how it's a load of crap.

Of course, I had to jump on that and we got into this huge discussion about what Atkins is and is not and the huge difference between the perception of this woe and the reality of it. He finally relented but - argh! - I'm so sick of dealing with stuff like that!

Here comes the rant part....

I am so tired of feeling like I have to constantly defend my own choices for myself. I'm sick of talking about it and explaining it and then having these people come up to me and expecting me to tell them all the answers because they're too ignorant or lazy to do a little research of their own. I'm happy to help and share what I've learned, but for the love of Pete!

I know I don't have to jump in and defend my woe every time I hear it get bad-mouthed. I know I can just walk away. But I have this huge desire to vanquish the atkins ignorance of the world. I'm just frustrated at the people who judge my woe without ever learning what it really is and I'm frustrated at the people who think that they're "doing atkins" who haven't laid a finger on the book and haven't got a clue about what they're doing.

I love this woe and I really believe that this is a way of life for me from here on out, but I'm so sick and tired of all the social bs that come with it!!!

End of rant
  • Star---I've only begun to listen to the "atkins is crap" stuff. That usually comes from my GS co-leader. I've gotta admit it's getting on my nerves also. For instance--if a DOCTOR had DEMANDED we go low-carb it'd be acceptable right? jeez.

Shimma--sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers will be with you (all)

Jane--I also stayed up to watch the football game. Not sure why because I'm not crazy about football. rofl. But I had the day off today so I just figured once the girls were gone I'd take a nap.
  • Star... I think you should just have your before picture with you. Just show the picture no words need to be said after that.. I would love to see the look on some of there faces.. They forget how much you've changed. Lets be honest the weight is hard on our body's.. So whatever your doing is better for you. The nuts...
    Shimma... I am so sorry to hear what your going through.
  • Thanks for all the well wishes gang... but I'm doing just fine... I swear. Of course, being on Atkin's has generally improved my mood and my energy level so even when I am down I'm usually be-bopping around to some tune in my head.
    As for the Atkins is crap stuff... my mother is convinced I'm going to die if I keep doing Atkins. I just nod my head and smile.
  • Hi Everyone,

*Shimma congrats on your willpower for turning down that crust! My kids wanted pizza last night so I broke down and got it.. while they were indulging I kept strong and ate some ham with mashed up cauliflower. It was difficult but I got thru it and that feeling I'm sure is a better one then if I would have ate it. I'm also sorry to hear about whats happening to your friend?, but its sure going to be nice to get a visit in.. being there for her is what's important.

*Star- I've only been on Atkins for what 12 days now and I'm constantly being bombared with same things. It does get quite annoying. What is really irritating is a girl at work wants to do Atkins to "lose a few pounds". So everyday is question after question, just before she sits down to a big ole burger (no bun) and some 5 breaded chicken strips and fries. I tell her just go out and buy the book! She'll learn more from that then I can tell her (since I'm still getting grasp of it all myself) Ok it's nice that she wants to learn about it and all, but the least she could do is listen to the answers I have given her! But being stubborn I guess the 5 bucks it too much to fork out.. arrrgggg

As for me today I'm doing quit well, I have lots of energy but yet I'm tired.. hmm go figure. I guess my body is just as indecisive about things as my mind Anyways, lots and lots of housework to catch up on.. LUCKY ME! Loads of laundry reaching my ceiling .. thats not even including the clothes pouring out of the bedrooms ok a slight exaggeration there .. but it's bad enough.. I best get to work.
  • Who would ever think I was the lucky one. My family is so worried about fat.. They don't care how you loss the weight just that you do. My mom really could be the food police. ha ha
    All I had to say is I lost 10 pounds and she was sure the diet was just the right one for me..
  • Ok, I finally gave in and got some fully leaded coffee I'm soooooo tired! Aside from having a bit too much fun yesterday (the drinking increased significantly after the half-time "show"), my day is going crazy!

I neglected to be a good student and finish my homework so I did that on my lunch break. On my way back to work, I noticed I was out of gas and had to stop subsequently making me 15 minutes late getting back. Good thing no one pays attention! I'm leaving work at 2:30 to go get my flat tire fixed. Did I mention my tire was flat when I left the party last night? So I'm driving on a crummy, mostly flat spare. Anyway, I have exactly 1 hour to get the tire fixed and then I have to race to the dr's office to pick up refills of my birth control at 3:40. Hopefully, I'll be out of there by 4:30 (they take forever!) and will have just enough time to race through a Subway or something to grab some dinner and get my fanny to class.

Argh!

Quote for the day:

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once."