3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   New here, New woe, 5 days and counting (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/36021-new-here-new-woe-5-days-counting.html)

jjcj 01-30-2004 04:57 PM

New here, New woe, 5 days and counting

Hi all. I decided to try this for a bit and see if I can get about 20 lbs off.
I had done TOPS 6 years ago and lost 53 lbs but I was six years younger and it came off easier so it seams. I am doing good 4 lbs down. ( i know water but still feels good)

I am a huge bread person, crackers, bread, popcorn that would be my daily diet. I would do lowfat versions but still only starches. Heck who wouldn't loose stop eating all that stuff.

I have even aten a can of tuna with mayo, Egg whites for breakie. I don't eat eggs and never have.
I have not had one slice of bread since Sunday night and yesterday I really wanted to but was good and didn't.
Do the cravings go away?

I had a advantage bar for lunch Monday and one yesterday with veggies.
I have another one I can eat today but might not bother since home and have the real food. I did notice scale moved slower today so could be the bars I have read here.

I am loving reading all the posts

Sonnet 01-30-2004 05:52 PM

Hi and Welcome jjcj! It sounds like you're in the right section if you love breads, popcorn and crackers too. I'm glad you decided to give the Atkin's Diet a whirl! I've been on the Atkins' Diet for 4 year now and have lost about 69 pounds. I've managed to keep it off and rarely faultered in the first 3 years. Then holiday eating started taking their tole on my diet plan, and I found it harder and harder to stop the unhealthy eating cycle for about 3 weeks after every time I had to eat with other people. My husband and I are both on it, so I have great support there. So now I've gained some back and joined this wonderful site and have been able to focus on at least maintaining. I've managed to stop the gain, and am now working on losing again. For me, I really can't ever see a reason to quit the Atkins' Diet.

I hope you love it as much as I do. Oh, I do very well on the Atkins' Advantage Bars too, and also like the Carb Sollutions bars.

For the cravings to leave, I have to give up all bread carbs for two weeks and be very strict with the induction phase. You may want to give up even one piece of bread for now; it's a bit hard, but well worth it...I even give up low carb breads and crackers until I'm off the induction phase. Talk to you later, Barbie. :)

Lekker 01-30-2004 10:43 PM

Welcome jjcj!

The cravings will go away eventually. I think that's a large part of what the two week induction phase is about. Some people have found that the Atkins Bars do slow their weightloss, so you should be wary of that!

Hope to see you on the boards often!

Khem 01-30-2004 11:55 PM

The bars are evil.

:) Try some fresh fish, nice roast chicken, and good veggies with butter.

Theo'sgirl 01-31-2004 10:48 AM

Welcome!!! Great to have you on the board!! Jump right in and you can use the daily food log too, it really helps, keep those carbs in check!

lady_adnerb 01-31-2004 08:35 PM

jjcj--welcome to the board!! If it's chocolate you're craving there's some VERY good ideas for cocoa and chocolate whipped topping around here that would take care of that VERY nicely :) They don't have the sugar alcohols either. But if it's just the "I need a CANDY BAR" type thing--I hear you on that one and have eaten one (actually--I usually limit myself to half of the bar) myself!!! :)