Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #16  
Total Sass Bucket

Hiya all
I'm having a ROUGH Sunday. I've got this craving for munchies... something crunchy. I haven't had cravings since my first couple days of induction...ok.. so I'm on day six of induction but I want CRUNCHIES!!! Bought one of those Atkins advantage brownie bars.... took one bite and hated it. It's sitting in front of me now... awful stuff. Meanwhile my sis, who starts Atkins on Tuesday is munching on snicker bites and having a very yummy looking chicken sandwich. UGH. The scale I use to weigh myself on has some sort of glitch... told me I lost 6lbs in one day which I know can't be right and so THAT isn't motivating me at all. However, tomorrow is the weigh in for the competition at work... so I've got a BIT of motivation to keep going with this. Maybe my problem is that I used to eat most of the day if I was ever home on a weekend. Now I know why I'm always busy!
I'm off to find something to do before I eat a snicker bite that probably has 3million carbs per cute little circle.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #17  
Baby Steps

Hi all!!! This weekend was lazy. I'm thinking weekends aren't good for me because all I want to do is snack or eat. At least when I'm working (and I only work 4 hours, 5 days a week) I don't get the urge to do that. I have to learn to control that. I have to do major laundry today (again). And we're supposed to be getting snow (major) so hubby says the girls might not have school tomorrow. He's working (again) today so that means not even one day of rest for him! It was his choice though to work the overtime! I'm back on track so far after my nasty bout w/chocolate yesterday. I'm proud of myself for not over-indulging in that AND for not grabbing the chips off the top of the fridge. I stepped on the scale and it didn't go up so I'm hoping it didn't do damage. Seeing how I managed to put my size 12's on w/out having to lay on the bed and can actually sit, bend and breathe in them I'm thinking I'm doing ok!! Big accompishment there as I hadn't been able to do that last week. lol. Now if they'd only be LOOSE I'll be happy (baby steps for me!).
You all are great at this site. I couldn't have asked for better/more support than I got last night. Thanks all for being there (just too bad I couldn't have had the supplies to make the chocolate stuff last night & ate that 1/2 of Advantage bar). But I'm going ONWARD Thanks again

Hope you all have a great day
Bren
Old 01-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #18  
Princess in Training

Morning everyone!

Not much planned today. I wanted to go out and garden, but it looks like it is still a tad too wet. I was invited to a potluck today at 3 pm, so looking forward to that. I'm kind of torn on what I should bring though. I'm debating between a nice green salad with olives, deviled eggs, or cooking some chicken. I'm thinking the eggs would be the most simple, but I am nervous about them being the only thing I can eat there--and eating too many. Another option is cream cheese stuffed celery... hmmm

Soooo tomorrow is my last day on induction, yippie! I took the quiz about moving on, and I'm totally ready. I've shown low to average metabolic resistance, and I have 31 pounds left until goal...so slow and steady through the rungs it is. I still can't believe I am down 54 pounds from my starting weight. Granted, I gained and lost the same 10 pounds for about 6 months when I hit 180...bleh. Well, armed with my new low carb knowledge, I know what went wrong. Drinking two cups of low fat milk and eating a banana for breakfast is what went wrong! No wonder I always wanted to binge two hours later!

OK so here's my game plan for the weeks after induction:
week 3: induction levels + 1/2 med tomato on salad (+2) and measuring cooked veggies after cooking adds 2 extra carbs for most. (range 20-25 carbs)
week 4: week 3 levels plus adding another cup of dense veggies to dinner. (25 carb limit)
And I'll continue shifting in new/different acceptable veggies until I reach 162 pounds, I've decided...hopefully will take a few weeks.

I'm going to try and space out the rungs based on how much weight I've lost, so I can pace myself and be very very slow if/when I get to pre-maintence...
this is roughly what I'm thinking
162 pounds: stay at 25 carbs, but add in full fat cottage cheese 3 times a week to see how I react
158 pounds: stay at 25 carbs, but add in nuts on the days I'm not eating cottage cheese.
153 pounds: stay at 25 carbs, but add in one serving of berries twice a week
150 pounds: increase to 30 carbs, keeping an eye out to make sure I'm not gaining, use cottage cheese, berries, and nuts more frequently.
148 pounds: if I am still losing at 30 carbs, increase to 35 by adding small amounts of tofu/soy products (legume rung), otherwise stay at lower losing level
145: pre-maintence
Old 01-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Froufy: I've been to Ottawa, but never skating on the canal. One time that I was in Ottawa, it was really icy, and we had a steep 'hill' up to our hotel entrance. We couldn't get enough traction to walk up to the entrance, so my family literally had to crawl on our hands and knees to get in to the hotel! We probably looked ridiculous.

Hey Shimma, I hope you avoided the craving - maybe a piece of bacon or a piece of cheese to get through it? Bacon seems to satisfy my cravings.

Bren - yay for not having to lie down to put on the 12s!

Khem - looks like you have a reasonable plan! Good luck with that!

Girl With a Pearl Earring: So I saw this movie yesterday, and I really liked it. Two of the main characters do not have many lines, which is interesting, but effective...and I think the acting is really great. It's not a fast paced movie, but very enjoyable in my opinion. I got to see some Delft shots near the beginning of the movie, just a few quick shots, but enough to make me feel "home-sick" for Delft.

I went to the YMCA today and thought I was going to a low-impact aerobics class, but I discovered that they changed it at the beginning of the new year, so it was this hi-lo aeromix which was so much fun ... it kicked my butt, but I don't think I've ever enjoyed an aerobics class so much before. It was taught by a male instructor (which I prefer, as I find the aerobics classes less 'lame' that way) and the music was 70s/80s mix that I could sing along with. The instructor and the music makes such a big difference for me whether I stick with the class or not. Unfortunately, he was a substitute today, but he said that the regular instructor (also a guy) was better...so I will try it next week and see. I hope they have similar music tastes.

Ciao!
Old 01-25-2004, 02:54 PM   #20  

I actually went a little overboard on carbs yesterday... 25 instead of 20... leave it to the DH to dish the ice cream. Have you guys had that Carb Smart ice cream yet? It's soooo good! We had strawberry last night, and it really makes not getting to have fruit OK!

Got up this AM and weighed again (how often do you all weigh? I'm starting to feel obsessive...) and I'm down a total of 8.6 since last Monday! DH has actually lost 12! We're really amazed. It didn't come off this fast when we did WW a couple of years ago. How much do you all lost on average each week? I know it won't stay this fast forever...

I read about this thing in the LCLuxury online mag that Star directed us to a few days ago... an article that said with lo-carbing, there's a "golden shot" the first time. They have anecdotal evidence (unscientific) that you lose more faster the first time you try LC WOE than during subsequent attempts. That sort of motivated me to stick with it, but now the weight loss is starting to also.

So today we're off to Costco for MEAT and stuff. Maybe I'll buy some asparagus to broil with pancetta. I can't believe I actually feel almost normal today! I couldn't have done this without you guys.... I think I can actually do this!
Old 01-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #21  

Hi all, this is really my first time, posting on the daily thread.

Hello to all, and I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Right now I have 2 of my 4 children who are fighting off the lovely head cold. DH went to a wrestling match at Ohio State U after he went to church this morning. I stayed home with the babies. (Sometimes I really begin despising wrestling season....since he is a coach at the High School....*sigh*)

Anyways, is it just me, or does anyone else get cabin fever? Even if I am at home all day, during the spring and summer, it doesn't matter, because at least we are going outside! We are expecting some nasty weather here soon, they are predicting 7", and then also a mixture of freezing rain. UGH!

Can anyone give me some advice....I have restarted Atkins on the 2nd, but just today I caved and ate some no-no carbs. *GAG* I read what SpyGirl wrote about having more success the "first" time around instead of subsequent times. Am I headed for disaster?

I really beat myself up about things, if I just mess up "one" time!

Ok, I promise that I will be a much more postive poster next time. Maybe this head cold will vanish in a day or so!

Thanks for listening!

Caroline
Closed Thread