Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 07:38 AM   #1  

Default Fantastic Friday

yahoo I made the 10 lb club today Yahoo.
Tom finally arrived yesterday and this morning those 2 sticky lbs were gone.
Not sure if it is the Calcium pills, the almonds, or tom but who the heck cares it is GONE.
10 more to go and I am happy. I realize these next 10 will be slower but hey any loss is good weather it is 1 lbs or 5 lbs it is gone.

Thanks for a great board ladies I am a total addict and check it out at least 2 times a day LOL
Old 02-13-2004, 08:10 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Congratulations jjcj!!!! I can't wait to get closer to my goal!

My PMS hit me last night. I thought I was done w/that but I guess not. I'm afraid to take the OTC meds I usually take for fear it'll halt my weight loss (or worse--make me gain). I had noticed my mood hadn't been as upbeat as it had started to be and that I was getting more tired. I have been staying OP (meaning no chocolate whipped topping. lol) so I'm not sure what happened to the energy. I didn't do a lick of exercise. The only weight I seem to have lost was the 2 pounds I had gained (still hard to believe that I had gained 2 pounds by eating pistacchios and a muffin).

All I want to do is crawl back into bed. Anyone have a cure for puffy, red eyes??
Old 02-13-2004, 08:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning, jjcj, wtg on the 10lbs

Brenda, visine and a very cold face cloth over the eyes, works everytime for me, I suffer from the puffy eye monster all the time. I've heard some OTC meds can slow ppl down but omg I would go completely insane if I didn't have some pain control around that tom, I'd be chewing on my arm, or a chair, it would get pretty nasty.

Very cool about everyone's prom stories, and wow Star that is awesome, I wish I still had mine but I used it as a tent one time when we went camping . Needless to say, it's not a high point to fit it, it was very near my heaviest weight. Heck, I weight 10lbs less than in eigth grade so now I'm shooting for smaller than elementary school

Shimma, I hope your deposition whet well, let us know!?!?

I just realized that back bacon is also called Canadian Bacon. This is my little realization for the day. I bought a different kind today, which happens to be American and it says so right on the front, how silly I never knew that before, so I guess they call Irish Stew something different in Ireland, maybe something wild and crazy like...stew.

Ok all done with the crazy talk, it's Friday, so I'm off to work, cuz the sooner it starts the sooner it's over!

Tummy
Old 02-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Hey all,
I'm dragging a** this morning. Deposition was hard but doable until after it was over and the lawyer did something completely out of line. It took me about 4 hours to regain my composure and stop crying. Didn't sleep at all last night and the only reason I'm at work today is because our lawyer is coming by with something for me to sign so he can try to get the other lawyer's temp. license to practice in this state revoked. They cancelled the rest of the depositions yesterday and today and kicked the guy out of the school. It was absolutely horrifying. I can't believe how drained I still am today. Ugh.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday and great weekends too! I think I' m heading for the hills (ie my parent's house) ASAP.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:23 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Jjcj: Congrats on losing 10 pounds!!

Brenda: I didn't even stop to think about not taking OTC medicine. I don't think I could do it. I swallow lots of that stuff around TOM.

Tummy: You crack me up!

Shimma: I'm sorry the deposition was so hard on you. At least it's over.

Well, my big accomplishment yesterday was jogging! Not that I jogged that much (only a 1/4 of a mile), but I jogged! Tell me. How can I do some form of exercise everyday, like walking, using the glider or Pilates, and then feel like I'm going to die after I jog a whole 1/4 of a mile? I would have said I was in pretty decent shape. Apparently not. I've read that power walking is just as effective as jogging. Why is jogging so much harder then? My heart beats faster, I can't breathe, etc. Seems like it would be a much more strenuous workout than walking... It feels like it, at least.

Nothing much going on today. On Friday, everyone "runs errands," so no one is around.

Hey, we're missing Lekker lately. Anyone heard anything from her? Also, what about Angel-Eyes? I haven't seen her around lately either. I miss you guys! And, of course Supersized, Fullfig and Jamie. Come back! You're very missed!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-13-2004, 09:41 AM   #6  
Big Loser Wannabe

Good Morning all!!

jjcj - Congrats on a 10 pound loss, feels awesome doesn't it??

lady_adnerb - pms just stinks doesn't it? I have been going through it for a week now. Hope you feel better!

Tummy, Shimma and jdoggmartin

Today is a wierd day for me. I am feeling down, TOM came last night, and I woke up this morning feeling weak, and the tips of my toes were numb and tingly, which happened the other day during my workout, anyone know what this can be? My legs are also VERY restless and ache. I take a multivitamine each day, but I might need something else too?

I really want to go shopping tomorrow out of town, but DH just informed me that he has to work till 2:00 tomorrow, and then he has a volleyball game at 7:00, gee cant I get to do what I WANT TO DO?? Even for one stinking day?? Grrr!

Yesterday I saw an old friend, she has not seen me in months. She rolled down her van window & said " You are getting skinny, how much have you lost"? She then said I was just wasting away, which felt REALLY nice to hear! Its the most incredible feeling to receive compliments

Today I am hanging around the house doing tons of laundry & cleaning, and then I have to work at the grocery store tonight, and I have a feeling we will be SWAMPED, plus I have to work back in floral, Ugggh I am in for a crazy night

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-13-2004, 10:10 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Friday The 13th Everyone

Old 02-13-2004, 10:58 AM   #8  

FINALLY!

I have had no computer this morning at work. The other day there was a IM virus crawling around the company and when they tried to fix it apparently they made something else happen. I cannot access our call tracking system never mind the internet
I jumped over to an abandonded cubicle and got on the internet with this computer.

I am going to be sooooooo bored today if the don't get this fixed. I can't call any sites because I can't get into call tracking to get their number! Grrrrrr.........

Oh well, enough *****in.

This has been a disasterous week for me eating wise. I don't know whether it is the weather or what but I just wanted to cheat, cheat, cheat.

Leenie: OMG I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th

hillary29: I'm sorry you are feeling so bad today....and your husband is going to play vollyball at 7pm on Valentine's Day? I would not be happy.......

jdoggmartin: Congrats on the jogging. I really want to start doing my 2 mile walk again...but they told me I can't do any exercise for 4 weeks. I tried to call the surgeon today to ask if I could but he isn't in the office till next Wednesday. I will email him and ask him.
I can't jog at all!!!! You should see me....it isn't pretty. For some reason I feel like a moose on the loose when I run. My feet hit the ground with a resounding THUD and my body takes such a wallop that I am winded within seconds. I just stick to fast walking.

Shimma: I'm sorry you are going through all of this. Things will be ok soon, I know they will. I don't think I ever read what this was all about.....fill me in.

Tummy Girl: Was it a pink taffeta tent?

lady_adnerb: You sound down too. What is going on here today. Do we all have the Valentine Blues or what? Seriously I hope you get rid of the red puffy eyes and feel better soon.

jjcj: Congrats on the 10! That is fantastic..... You never know that last 10 may just melt away!

Well, I need to get back to my desk. Have a great day all and when and if my computer is ever back up I will check in.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #9  
Head Princess

Morning all!

I feel like total crap today, but I'm still alive and kicking!

JJ - way to go on the 10 pounds! It just gets better from now on

Brenda - take something! A little tiny pill that you swallow whole will not hurt you.

Tummy - I never realized that Canadian bacon was also called back bacon, so we're even

Shimma - I know it's none of my business, but what the **** did that lawyer do? You don't have to share if you don't want to. I'm just curious. Glad the drama is over!

Jina - I'm so proud of you and that 1/4 mile. I can't wait to start jogging! Any new exercise is hard the first few times. You'll be doing it easily in no time!
I miss everyone too! Even Karen has gone MIA again!

Hillary - that wasn't very nice of your dh! Kick his butt! The compliments do feel good don't they?

Leenie -

Jane - glad you found a way onto the net! When you decide that you are in control of your body and not the other way around, staying op will get much easier.

So I think I'm sick. I'm feeling run down and my throat is all scratchy. Yuck! I was even an hour late coming into work today. *Sigh*

Ok, my bizzare incident from yesterday.

When I go to class, I park on the other end of campus and a couple of blocks away from the school so I'm forced into walking a good-ish distance. So I'm walking the two blocks before I get to campus and there's twigs and stuff on the sidewalk so I'm stepping on stuff the whole way. No problem.

All of a sudden, I hear this squealing noise! It sounded like a tiny pig. I look around and there's this huge rat! The thing was at least 8" long in the body (not counting the tail) and it just sat there for a few seconds and glared at me. Then it squealed again and took off. Bizzare. I think I may have stepped on it's tail, but still, it's bizzare.

There you go. How boring is a person's life when the big story of the day is about potentially stepping on a squealing rat?
Old 02-13-2004, 12:10 PM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Hey all,

I'm really not sure what all I'm allowed to say about the incident in question. I can refer you to this public document. When they refer to the Bio teacher, that's me. It was my first year of teaching....

http://www.mail-archive.com/ista-tal.../msg00666.html

So anyway, the lawyer finished up all of his questions yesterday (illuding to the fact that I am quite incompetant many many times) and he finished with the questions of that day and what I saw and what I heard. Then he told me he was done.... but wanted to show me something. It was a poster depicting a flash fire engulfing a figure sitting in a student's desk. Now, it wasn't a real person in that picture... but I know and love my students and I know and love these kids that got injured.... and all I could see was that happening to them. The lawyer just said he wanted to protect more kids from getting injured..... I had nothing to do with any of it and don't even use the materials being used that day. I've had a horrible time trying to recoup from that day, I am a Bio teacher afraid to light a bunsen burner and that picture just brought everything back and I lost it. So yeah, that's what happened.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:29 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Holy cow! I remember those demos in my own chemistry classes! What an unfortunate thing to have happen.

That lawyer pisses me off though. Why is he picking on you? You were in the class next door! What an ***!
Old 02-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Wow, Shimma! I remember doing that in chemistry class, too. That's terrible. Like Star said, the lawyer is an *** for picking on you. Or anyone! It sounds like an accident to me. Who knew you'd have to go through so much just because you're the teacher next door? I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Star: Yuck! An 8" rat?? I think I would have been the one squeaking, and I'm not one to do that too often.

Hillary: Shame on DH! Get him in gear!

Jane: Ugh! No computer? What does one do without a computer??

Leenie: Hi!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #13  

I'M BACK!

Shimma: I can't believe that! How are the kids doing now may I ask?

StarPrincess: I know I have to get control over my body....what you said is true. But why is always such a battle? I can see my goal and I know what I need to do to get there but still along the way I sabotage myself.

jdoggmartin: My computer is back but one of the emails they just sent us about the problem mentioned (and I don't think they realized they said this...) that Spyware is loaded on our computers. I know it is a big corporation and all and they are allowed to monitor peoples pc's but NOW WE KNOW THEY DO! Better start watching what I'm saying and where I am going!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:11 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,
I'm actually in a pretty good mood today. TOM came this morning meaning that all those cravings and munchie feelings yesterday were for a purpose and not just out of nowhere *whew* .. for a Friday the 13th it has been a rather pleasent day.

Shimma - I'm so sorry to hear all of what your dealing with. I thought I had alot of stress in my life.. geesh. Hang in there girl.. it's going to get better!

Brenda - I always just lay down with a cool cloth over my face when my eyes get puffy. I hope your feeling better soon.

Star - Rats are a good sorce of protien *gag* j/k.. I probably would have freaked out more then that rat!

Jane - Private eyes are watching you! Happy you got access back to the comp., I'd go through more withdrawls then I did from the bread

Hillary - My feet and legs got tingly too.. I found that if I do a real nice stretch before I work out it helps alot.

Jdogg - Jogging! great! When I try to run its all good until I'm out of breath and want to stop. My feet do but my body keeps going I have bad knees so I gave up any hope of jogging years ago.

jjcj - Gratz on the 10lbs! What an accomplishment.. feels great dont it

Leenie - Hope your Friday the 13th is going well.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey! I'm back!! (Thanks for asking, Jina!) (And I also wonder if we'll ever see our other old friends back here ... )

Actually I've been lurking all week, but not in the mood to post, for a couple reasons:

1) it's been quite busy ... all week I've been trying to get this dynamics model working, but it's giving me crap...STILL...so this weekend is going to be not fun. It's partly difficult because I'm working off of other people's work, and 'documentation' seems to be a word that no one knows. Argh!

2) I've been in a frustrated funk lately. I was having very slow progress on this WOE and then I went off it for the past week because I was in sort of a bad mood. This is so bad to say, but always hearing about everyone's successes was just making me feel worse (because I was in a bad mood all week), so I took a little break from posting - I honestly was happy for everyone and how well they were doing, but sometimes it's hard to be a positive supporter if you're in a 'mood'. So I figured it was better to just not say anything, you know? But I'm in a much better mood today, and I'm currently off to a fresh start (with some changes ... I'm going to keep more of an eye on calories too). So that's good - hopefully it was just a temporarily 'down' period. I think the fact that thesis work is in full swing is just adding stress that doesn't help, either.

You know that Toxic song by Britney Spears? I don't even really like it, but it's strangely addictive. (I'm listening to a Duch internet radio station now, they play the most bizarre mix of music, from oldies to Britney to Dutch classics to other international songs ...)

Shimma - what a horrible situation to deal with. Such an unfortunate accident. Hopefully that lawyer will lay off you now...

Star, Tummy - I, too, always wondered what exactly Canadian bacon was! Good to know.

Jina - WTG on jogging! I've always wanted to give it a try, but I think I'll wait awhile to lose more weight before I give it a go.

Jane - ooh ... monitoring your computer - can we say Big Brother?

WTG on the 10lbs, jjcj!

Brenda, Hillary, Leenie!

And since I am currently single, no special plans for tomorrow, except more skating with two of my friends. And that is it. Maybe I'll fit in a movie during the weekend just to get my mind off of work for a couple of hours. (And I really should try to find another movie to see instead of shamelessly going to see Return of the King again).
Closed Thread