Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 12:27 PM   #16  
Head Princess

Lizzy! DH and I agree long ago not to discuss religion or politics because he gets too worked up about it. And then I get ambivilant about it all and it just makes things worse.

I have a tendancy to get completely unresponsive when people get all worked up and it really pisses them off
Old 01-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #17  
Total Sass Bucket

Thanks for all of the welcoming messages!!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:42 PM   #18  
I love green eggs and ham

Smile

Hello My Ladies...

I just have one thing to say to you all today. Go out and buy the JOSH GROBAN CD>. He is soooooooooo heavenly.. he's better than ice cream, donuts, cinnabon, and homemade bread..

I just layed there on the couch and was in a josh groban induced high..

(He He about the intervention... should have asked them what they recommended.. would that be the pringle/M&M WOE??)

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better, and so are their cars.. Welcome to Shimma..I'm 23 so we are both gen x'ers!! (I think thats what they call our age..

Haha I love that smiley..

Star... good for you and the hanging up.. for some reason men hate that.. my tony too!! They dont like to think they lost control for one minute (not that they ever had it..we just let them think that for a good laugh)

It sure seems like alot of unheathy people like to spout off some advice that they know..cause they heard it from some where.. and dont give me the my mom is a nurse.. MY MOM IS A NURSE TOO!! She loves atkins.. So they can put that in their pipe and smoke it... (Everyone but your hubby Bizzy!!)

Have a great day beauties....thats all for this public service announcement on Josh Groban....

Ella
Old 01-21-2004, 12:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Help!! Ugh!!! I have eaten almonds and macadamia nuts today around 10 and then lunch (chicken w/cheese and bacon) and I feel soo ugh! It feel like I've binged on potato chips!! I think I overdid the nuts not being used to them. I've been on induction for about 3-4 weeks. I feel terrible!

I think it has to do with my cycle too...I just want to eat everything. Mind you, luckily it's not chocolate and chips like I used to. But I'm totally full and still mentally want more nuts and strawberries with cool whip (mmmmm)!!

I need a little pep talk I think!
Go Lori! You can do it! Go Lori! Fight the Cravings!
Old 01-21-2004, 02:29 PM   #20  

Ugh....tummy trouble today. I think the last few days finally took a toll on my body and my stomach is paying the price. I had to go to lunch with the group from work and in the restaurant I thought I wasn't going to make it. I may skip out of work a little early today if I can and go home and rest....hubby has a meeting tonight so I will be by myself.

Thanks again for everyone's wonderful concern yesterday. You really helped me feel better. When I got home last night there were 2 dozen red roses waiting for me from my husband. He said that he wanted to do this because I was so sad and he wanted to do something special to make me feel better......nothing like 2 doz. roses to pick a girl up

LoriAS: I feel for you..... oh my stomach.........It is just the cravings remember. You can get past this. Watch the nuts though, not too many.

Ella Shay: I don't think I had the chance to say hello and welcome you yesterday with my delema going on and all. Welcome! You will love it here.

Shimma & BizzyLizzy: Welcome to you too. Boy we have a lot of new people. Nice to have more people to chat with.

Everyone else
Old 01-21-2004, 06:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

G'day everyone!

Welcome Shimma! Just checked your profile, and our birthdays are sooo close!

Jane: I'm glad your feeling better today...I read your post yeserday, but just didn't get a chance to respond. I hope everything works out! And roses are nice.

Ella: I've actually never heard of Josh Groban (is this a bad thing?)...I'm intrigued now, considering your endorsement of him...

Star: I get ambivalent about topics if the argument just seems never ending. I usually debate for awhile, but then at some point I just decided to agree to disagree, or I get all quiet and arrogantly think "Well, eventually, they will see that I am right. Then they can come grovelling back to me..." Ha...just kidding... And yay for least-favourite co-worker leaving! Ahh...bring on the pleasant times!

I love the intervention comments! Hilarious. The image of the ladies with the M&Ms and pringles is too beautiful. I, myself, take the cowardly way out and just don't say anything about what I'm eating. Unless someone asks directly, which is rare.

And hi to everyone else...I apologize for not having a chance to respond to everyone...that's what happens when you don't get to log on until the end of the day - the day's chat gets sooo long. But that's a good thing!

For me, work was work today. Nothing too exciting - a supervisor meeting and a tutorial to run and now, time to head home!

Talk to you all later, Julie
Old 01-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #22  
The Princess O' Pets

Good evening chicks!

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well (except the tummy trouble people, hope you feel better soon!)
Toad is safely back at home after his neuter and microchip, he acts like nothing ever happened! That's the good thing of getting them neutered EARLY!!

Training is going good so far, they keep it pretty lively so that is good and they pay you well while you do it si you don't feel like it is a waste of time!! You lucky bums out there on the west side have the greatest feature of cable we played with today called ON DEMAND, Man I can't wait until the upgrade it into NE. You can watch all the Sex In The City shows (and tons of other shows and movies) you missed, pause them ,rewind, stop, FF just like a VCR but without one and its FREE!!! Dang it the westside always gets that cool stuff first! Lucky bums!!

Well I will check in tomorrow!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:00 AM   #23  

I think I've figured out that I need to start posting early in the AM instead of at night... I always come in on the tail end of the conversation.

I went to a full-day training for work today, have another one tomorrow. We have a bunch of lo-carbers at my office, so they're all very supportive. It was tough after lunch today- Day 3 for me- everyone was eating brownies at the break. I didn't have anything to eat until nearly 8PM, and I was about to sell my soul for some potatoes.

I did OK, though- went out and ate like a good girl, no cheating. I don't even feel a big urge to have my jello tonight, but I'll eat it anyway in a bit. My DH says he feels pretty good today too... isn't having the withdrawls that I am. I had a killer headache last night, and was out of Tylenol PM.

I can't wait until induction is over so I can add some variety to my diet. Do most of you stay at the 20 carb level all the time? Or do you go up a bit? And when should I start using the ketosis strips?

Star- that was great about the neighbor's ex- nothing better than showing them up!

SpyGirl
Closed Thread