Originally Posted by YooHoo
These are the 2 I have:
1. Dr. Atkins' Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook
2. Atkins for Life (has 125 recipes)
I don't know about anyone else, but rather than hearing about which were awful I think I would prefer to hear which ones were good!
I have not liked any of the recipes I've tried from them so far.
Ok, I have tried the following from the Atkins Quick & Easy book... with reviews...
1) Artichoke Hearts Wrapped in Bacon - good, but the hearts got a bit dry under the broiler. I would try scallops or something more moist wrapped inside instead.
2) Chicken with Coconut-Plum Sauce - good but not great, although I had no plums so I substituted prunes! Heh! That could explain the not-being-thrilled part here.
3) Steak au Poivre - AWESOME. WOW. Soooo tasty. I loved this. Basically it is steak with heavy cream, a bit of ketchup, cognac, and crushed peppercorns, cooked in a skillet.
4) Cilantro-Lime Pesto - I have made this a few times, and it is very good on chicken breasts or tuna steaks. I shared some of it with chicken at work and coworkers practically ambushed me for more, and then demanded the recipe. Men drooled and women were faint.
A lot more in this book looks appealing to me, like the Blue Cheese & Bacon Soup (two of my great loves), Salmon Burgers, Creamed Chicken with Mushrooms, Broccoli Rabe with Spicy Sausage, Chile Rellenos, and... Butter Rum Muffins. Etc etc.
So, keep trying the recipes! I marked up the ones I liked in the table of contents...
Good luck and happy eating!