Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 07:38 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Chat - January 17 & 18

Good Morning,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEO'SGIRL !!!

I'm just off to make some coffee and I didn't want to miss saying good morning.

BBL,

Whats everyone's plans for the weekend? Its to dang cold to do anything here.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #2  

Brrrrrrr! Mornin' all. I've put off the grocery store long enough, so I'm gearing up to brave the chill...and dreading it! I'm taking my kids to sign up at the rec center today so we can ALL get some exercise. My 12 yr old would never leave the house if he didn't have to (he's in love with tv and playstation) and my 5 yr old would live outside if we'd let him *LOL*

I'm going to a chinese buffet for lunch and hoping there's a few things I can eat guilt free...I'm packing a few things in my purse just in case though.

HOpe everyone has a great weekend....and stay warm!!

Happy Birthday Theosgirl!! Another year older and another year wiser?!?!
Old 01-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls. sorry I haven't been around the last few days....we've been busy getting ready for the big RACE DAY!! And today's the day.We were at the 'unofficial' weigh in last night, I was the weigh-er until 9pm. Today the official weigh time is 10-11 and then we impound the car until the race at 1pm. In between 11-1 is a boy scout meeting and a pizza lunch. Not sure how I'm going to handle the pizza. Kinda hard just to pick off the cheese while 100 people are watching!! I am going to bring a cooler bag with snacks for the boys and juice so maybe I'll fry up some sausages and snack on those around lunch time. They are having something else other than pizza but the 10 bags of chips aren't exactly legal either!!! **sigh**

Happy Belated Birthday to Jamie. sorry girl, the day just got away from me. Hope your guy's made a nice fuss over you!! Happy 30th!!

Happy (on time) Birthday to Theo's girl!!! Enjoy and kick back on your birthday. It only comes once a year!! YEAH!!!

Well this is just a quickie...gotta run. I'll send pics of the race when I can. Oh...I labeled my Barbie car "girls just want to have fun" !!! The funny part is at last nights test run, my car is too high to go under the finish line electronic barrier so I think my head will come off every run!!! uh oh...could be nasty!!! tc
Old 01-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #4  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Angel: Good luck at the races!

BizzyLizzy: I think it's great that you're getting your kids involved in moving their bods. Sometimes you have to push them into it, but kids are natural movers and shakers -- kudos to you for moving them in the right direction!

Leens: Would you make a cup for me too?

Well, I'm not even going to weigh myself this morning. I went out last night with a group from work and TOTALLY blew my WOE. Funny thing...I'm not filled with dread and ready to abandon the effort! I've been keeping under 10 grams for 3 weeks straight, trying to shock my body into this WOE and having great success. In the past, one night was all it took to steer me right off my diet -- permanently. Something is different this time. I woke up this morning and thought, "Well, that was fun and very stupid, but at least I know that it's sure not a WOE I want to embrace again!"

So, I probably will have to wait and glide myself into oblivious over the next few days to get back on track, but for some reason I'm not too concerned. The support I'm getting here makes it so much easier. Not just that, but there's something about posting my weights, exercise time, and thoughts of the day that encourages me to keep honest!!!

Everybody keep warm and have a great weekend!
Old 01-17-2004, 10:03 AM   #5  
Mom, Queen of Everything

oops!

Happy Birthday Theo's Girl!
Old 01-17-2004, 11:21 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Thanks for the birthday greetings Gals, you always make me feel better!!!

Kinda down today.....I weighed and I am up 5 pounds.....I am sure part of that is water. But I for the most part have been OT this whole week had 1 mess up on Wednesday but then was right back OT. I am thinking it must be......

1. Not enough water. I during training was down from 3 liters to 1

2. no movement, went from chasing a 2 yr old and 4 yr old to sitting in training from
8-5.

3. too many diet pepsi Because i am just sitting there and sometimes tired I want the
caffiene and have been drinking 2-3 DP a day.

Let me know if you think this is right......If it is that I feel better and can take steps to fix it. I am finding it hard to find a work out time on this new schedule, I can do it on weekends and maybe walk during lunch ( I could probably do this sometimes but I also don't want to miss bonding with my team, it seems to happen at lunch) ??? But Maybe I should go back on induction while I am living sucha still lifestyle for the next 3 weeks of training???? (After training I will just be working 7:30 am to 12:30 pm, so not 8-5 like now, I will have plenty of time to exercise)

What do you think??? Let me know, i am willing to do whatever cause now i am scared I am gonna gain back all my weight I worked so hard for!!! HELP!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 12:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Happy Weekend everyone, Happy Birthday Theo'sgirl!

Theo: to me it seems like you diagnosed the problem pretty well ... probably trying to get rid of the diet pepsi will help a lot. Good luck with that and surviving the training!

Spedmom: I have the same feeling about this WOE...I, too, feel that if I mess up, then all is not lost, I jump right back on again. It's probably because this WOE doesn't feel like I'm really restricting myself!

Angel: Hope you have fun at race day!

Bizzy: Good idea about the rec centre...it's good to have a place where you can get active without having to deal with this nightmarish cold weather!

G'day Leens!

Well, I was at the movie theatre last night, we were watching Big Fish (Ewan McGregor - too bad he had to sport an American accent for this movie...I love his Scottish accent!)...anyway, the movie was alright, then about half way through there was a fire alarm or something so we had to leave the theatre. They didn't seem in a real rush to get us out of the building though, so I'm not entirely sure what it was. They didn't restart the movie, so I got TWO free passes for my ONE ticket stub! Great! However, now I don't know if I want to go back and see Big Fish again. I kind of want to know the ending, but the beginning seemed a bit slow, but still fairly good...I just don't know if I want to sit through an hour of it again to see the end. Has anyone seen it? Do you think I should go back and watch the end?

So today it is only -20C with windchill ... slowly but surely, we are moving are way warmer! Someday soon it may be single digits again!

I'm off now, I have a friend who is in a dance/choreography program at university and she is in a production today that uses lighting effects as a large part of the dance, and she has a solo, so it should be fun to see...and it's over near Chinatown, so I get to wander around there a bit.

Hope you all have a nice day!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

DH just took DD outside to play in the snow After I play here for a few minutes I'm going to tackle this eliptical sitting here in my living room

So far i've managed to straighten out the kitchen and living room but everything still looks like crap LOL. I made coleslaw, chopped up some extra cabbage, sauted it in water and a tablespoon of oil, cooked until tender and put some in a ww tortilla's w/a dab of sour cream and a pinch of shredded cheese .... YUMMY (that was my lunch) breakfast was 3 tky sausage and LOTS of coffee Laundrys almost done, just got to fold it all, well later I'll do that.

HEY CAROL BURNETTE MARATHON IS ON TV LAND....... she's doing the skit with Charo' coochie coochie.... Carols' wearing the same sexy outfit as Charo but carol's boobs are down to her belly button HAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!

I love that WOMAN...
Old 01-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Theo'sgirl, don't let that scale dictate your future... Okay have you tried watching your calories ? especially now tht you said you are sitting more? Get in tune with the amount your eating and try for one week to lower them, and see what happens. Its okay, really, this WOE is a learning process. I'm still trying to lose the 3 lbs I gained from christmas and that was 3 weeks ago, or more !!!!! talk about slow lol.
I'll get there, and so will you.

Water does play a big part, it helps flush you, so try to increase it. I have to do the same ick lololol.

Bravo to everyone who's doing well.

Hugs !!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:51 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Just a quick hello as I'm off to help someone with their resume. Happy birthday, TG!

Lekker - I saw Big Fish opening weekend and I loved it! I'm already planning on buying it when it comes out on video. Definitely worth seeing!

I was derailed from my being good last night at the bar. I ran into a childhood friend and somehow 3 shots of tequila managed to work their way into my mouth. The weird thing is that my metabolism is going so strong that I'd feel buzzed for about 10 or 15 minutes and then it would go away. And I'm no worse for it today.

Anyway, I'm off! Have a great day everyone! I have 2 birthday parties and then a night out with a friend so I'm not sure I'll make it back today!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #11  
Princess in Training

hi, new here, thought I'd say hello to everyone I'll post more as I go.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:39 PM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Welcome Khem, jump right on in!!! Great to meet you!

Thank ladies for the advice, I think you are right, I have this 5 pounds but my clothes feel just a s loose, and I feel like I need more water. I think by next week too I can work in some work outs, I wasn't 1/2 as tired last night as i was the first 2 nights, so I think I will be able to sqeeze some in.

I just got back from the gym and that made me feel alot better.

Plan:
Cut back on Diet pepsi
MORE water- back up to 3 liters a day
back on induction!
watch the calories.
try to fit in any type of exercise where I can
and
don't weigh again until after I am done with training Feb. 6th.

I vote for this plan, Everyone say "Yeah" or "Nay" if that sounds like a good plan.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:23 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Khem

Welcome to 3FC's.
Hope you can fill out a bio, on the bio thread at the top.

See you soon.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:50 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Yay! It's the weekend!!

First off, a big "Happy Birthday!!" to Theo'sgirl! Hope you have a great day -- you deserve it! I can completely relate to your gain. My weight has been up for the last two weeks for reasons I still don't understand. But, I really think it has to do with not enough water. On the weekends, I tend to drink too much Diet Pepsi and not enough water. Then, it spills over into the next week. So, I upped my water, and the scale seems to be going down. Also, I think some of the gain could be muscle. I recently started doing Pilates, and I can already tell I'm getting muscles! Yipppeee! Of course, muscle weighs more than fat so that leads to a gain. I guess we both just need to stick to it! Like Leens said, the weight will eventually come off (however slow that may be....).

Leens: Stay warm! I just saw on the local news here that people in NY took out a cup of boiling water, threw it into the air and it was frozen before it hit the ground -- now that's cold!! Of course, it's easier to watch that with 75 degree temperatures here!

BizzyLizzy: Good idea on the rec center -- great for you and the kids!

Spedmom: I know what you mean... it's really easy to go back to this WOE. I never have the dreaded feeling of "Oh, I screwed it all up, I might as well not worry about it anymore." Now, I can't wait to get back OP. Lke Lekker said, it's not deprevation. We get to enjoy lots of fabulous foods and still lose weight -- it's wonderful!!

Lekker: I haven't seen "Big Fish." It looked like a different movie from the previews. Cool deal about the free passes! I want to see "Something's Gotta Give." Has anyone seen that yet? We rented "SWAT" for tonight. I just love Collin Ferrell! I wanted to get "Out of Time," but the video store was all out. So, I got a rain check to rent it free! I'm all about free stuff! I also rented a collection of "Sex and the City" episodes. I've never watched it, but heard tons about it, so I thought I'd check it out.

Star: Have fun at your parties!

Khem: Welcome! Glad you're here! I look forward to getting to know you!

Thanks for the advice and sweet words about my puny raise. I talked to my boss about it, and he said he doesn't think the raise should appear on my paycheck until my next one. So, there's still hope! But, HR said that was my raise. And, my boss mysteriously couldn't get to my file when I asked what I could expect for a raise... hmm... is he trying to avoid telling me that "Yes, you actually got a $27 raise per paycheck." I sure wouldn't want to tell anyone that after making such a big deal about the promotion...

Well, I'm off to do some long-overdue cleaning and laundry. Fun stuff! DH is working, thank goodness. He is in a very pissy mood -- not a fun guy to be around! I can just take out my aggression on scrubbing the bathtub.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 01-17-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:17 AM   #15  
Princess in Training

Hi again

Thanks for the welcome, I went and filled out a bio as instructed. Not much new so far, day 5 of induction...my first time on atkins, but I did a lowered carb plan before.

I haven't had the bad breath yet, so I'm not entirely sure I have gotten into ketosis at all. I don't have those urine test strips (not sure if/when I'll get em) so I guess it doesn't really matter. The scale shows a 3 pound weight loss so far (yes, I know I am not supposed to weigh, but ummm who follows that one :P) which is most likely water. I started the diet right in the middle of having a nasty cold--so I was unable to tell the difference between induction flu and real flu now that I think about it. My leg muscles really hurt on day 3 though, which I've heard is common. My food has been right-on (I think???) although I'm still waiting for the book to arrive. I'm eating 4-6 oz protein 3 times a day, about 3 oz cheese, 2 cups salad, and 1/2 cup cooked (1 cup raw) other veggies. I have used sweet n low in decaf coffee twice, but not every day. For salad dressing I have used olive oil and red wine vinegar. Eating about 2/3 of my protein as fish. Is eating so much fish a problem? I have had different kinds of fish-salmon, smoked salmon, albacore, cod, etc. Eating fish instead of beef doesn't mess things up, right? I read through the atkins site fairly throughly, because I am aware of the vast amount of misinformation on it that cycles around the internet. I had 3-4 aspartame sweetened cough drops on day one because that was all that was available and my throat was on fire I doubt it messed me up since it was only day one and I likely still even had ice cream in my system from the night before Anyway, I'll keep you posted on whether I develop nasty breath. It seems to be the only indicator that I'm doing everything right until I see my end weight after two weeks in induction. If I'm average or fast losing, I'm going straight to OWL after two weeks so I can lose slowly and try to make this a more permanent change. The last thing I want is another crash diet, but at this point even a crash diet is better than my nasty bingeing.

Anyway glad to be here I have a journal at fitday if anyone wants to read my fewd,

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=khemistry
Closed Thread