strange smell

• right i been on teh induction for about 2 weeks now and i'm moving along into the world so real food slowly but my skin has this weird smell i notice it most at the end of the day when i'm on here cos i usually just have shorts on and my shoulder stink its like when you been swimming and you shower of the chlorine but you can kinda still smell it. its kinda disturbing is this normal
  • Hey Si - I've never had this trouble but maybe it's a guy thing?
    Especially on induction I just have the killer breath!
    How are you doing on this plan?
    I need to sign off now - but I'll check back tomorrow....let us know how you have done in trying to kick start further weight loss. Usually men especially do very well on Atkins, but as you can see here on the board - many of us women are doing great as well!
    Good Luck.
    Kim
  • Si it is part of the ketones up the water!! that is the best thing for you it is a effect of the fat burning. like I said up the water and maybe just a few on the carbs if the water does not hhelp!!!
  • I know some folks complain about urine being stronger but not shoulder/armpit smell. Did you check out the Atkins website ? Interesting... hmmm.

How do you like being on atkins ?
  • i lost 10lb on the induction not sure how good that is i can't up the water i'm gong to the bog every hour as it is anymore and i'll have osmotic shock
  • how much fluid are you takin???
  • er around a gallon of water a day i physically can't drink anymore it not possilbe
  • I don't blame you, I have a hard time even getting in 1/2 a gallon.
  • Si,

I would guess that it is ammonia coming from your skin. Are you eating A LOT of protein? Excess protein produces ammonia in the breath and sweat... and well, pretty much any bodily secretion

Hence the weird odor. That's my theory as to the pool smell. Like chlorine but slightly different...
  • You might want to see your doctor about this. Your body is trying to tell you something. There are a lot of reasons this could be happening. Some are normal, and some aren't.