3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   New (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/35182-new.html)

Realcheeky 01-15-2004 03:17 PM

New

Hi,

I am on my fourth day of induction, and I have a few questions that I can't find the answers to in the book. if someone could help me. I'd appreciate it.

1. Can I eat pork rinds on induction , as long as I dont go over 20 Carbs?

2. Can I eat low carb cheesecake as long as I don't eat more than 4oz?

3. Does anyone have a good burger recipe?

Thanks,

Real

jane8760 01-15-2004 03:40 PM

Realcheeky: You had probably better wait for the others but I think you cannot eat pork rinds the first two weeks. Do you have the book? The list of acceptable foods is all you are supposed to eat. I don't think the cheesecake is one of them either.
As for the burger...check out the low carb recipe section. Great ideas there and also check out the atkins web site as well as lowcarbluxury.com

And welcome.......

angel-eyes 01-15-2004 03:41 PM

Hi RealCheeky. Yes, No, Yes......

Yes you can eat pork rinds that are a 0 carb rate.
No you can't eat cheesecake on induction.....absolutley not. Most desert recipies are for phase 2 (owl- ongoing weight loss) or maintenance.Atkins is pretty strict on what is acceptable for induction...sorry!
Yes....ground lamb, crumbled feta cheese, couple of mint leaves chopped up. Add an egg if you are making quite a few, but if just 2 then don't add the egg as it will be too 'wet'. Mush with fingers and make patties and then fry. mmm so good. You can also make these into little meat balls.

do you have the book? if not I would reccommend buying it or visiting the atkins website for more info. Good luck!!

Realcheeky 01-15-2004 03:46 PM

Thanks, Angel & Jane.

StarPrincess 01-15-2004 04:05 PM

Welcome, Realcheeky!

Plain pork rinds ONLY!

I like to cook a plain burger and then top it with blue cheese and then wrap the whole thing in a big piece of lettuce.

Using seasoning salt before you cook it will bring out the flavor of just about everything.

Lekker 01-15-2004 04:41 PM

Welcome RealCheeky!

No burger recipes here, but thought I'd say hi!

lady_adnerb 01-15-2004 07:49 PM

Hi :) This is the best place to be when needing help. They're all real helpful around here. I usually just make hamburgers and fry them w/onions. I'm on a plain diet right now. lol

Realcheeky 01-15-2004 07:59 PM

Thanks, all. How much did you all lose in the first week?

lady_adnerb 01-15-2004 08:03 PM

I lost 7 pounds. I'm thinking I would have lost more if I'd have remembered carrots are NOT on the induction list!!!

Leenie 01-15-2004 08:08 PM

Hi RC and welcome!

I can't remember what I lost the first week, I think it was 5. Try to keep your meals as plain as possible the first two weeks, after that then you can start to experiment. Just remember coffee, splenda, sweet&low, cream, cheeses all have carbs so don't forget to watch them. A wonderful tool to help you count your carbs is Fitday.com You can add your own foods or adjust theirs. Its a great site, I'm going there now to see what damage I've done today lol.

best wishes ....

StarPrincess 01-16-2004 01:26 AM

I lost 8 the first week but really, everyone's different. The point is that you'll lose.