Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 11:40 AM   #16  
thin within

kim--it is a spiritual retreat. my husband will lead the Bible studies in the evenings. we'll have the whole day free to do whatever we'd like during the day. we are so excited. it is a retreat for our chapel families. my husband is the chaplain. we will be staying in a five star hotel. breakfast and dinner are included in the cost. so, i'm sure i'll be eating off plan for that weekend. there are still times when i start to really down myself for taking off most of the time between thanksgiving and new years. i just try to remind myself that eventually i will get to the size where i want to be. there are times when i get off, but so what. if i never let myself have something off the acceptable lists, i would end up getting off and not getting back on, due to feeling too restricted. i know this is probably not the popular perspective, but it is mine. it may not be the best plan for everyone, but it tends to work for me. with that said, i am really looking forward to the whole weekend. i don't mean to offend anyone with this outlook or attitude. atkins even says that there will be times when will want to get off for an event or meal. the key is to get back on track. have a great evening, ladies. thanks for all of your kind comments. y'all are all an inspiration to me, truly!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #17  
The Princess O' Pets

Fullfig, you go and have FUN, sounds like it will be great so don't worry about a thing!! FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #18  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default FREEZING FRIGID FRIDAY!

Hi all,

There is a windchill warning and frostbite warning out today. Trying to stay warm here - it is like -41 with the wind chill today and today your exposed skin will freeze in about 2-4 minutes - what a lovely thought that is! ....yes I did drive dd to school after dropping off youngest (which is the normal routine). Made her bring a scarf for the way home. Eldest ds is on his own it seems...already left for school (no boots, hats or gloves most probably.....!!!).

Jamie - let us know how the battle with crust goes - my money is on you!

Kim - I loved your story about the purple pj's and big bed - how cute and memorable!

Karen - hope all is well and you and dd are both doing nicely.

Jane & Theo's girl - way to go on the pounds off - keep up the good work!

Lori - STEP AWAY FROM THOSE COOKIES! The visual thing is a good idea and I would also recommend sticking some sugar free gum in your mouth and chewing it as along as possible (then replace as required) in order to keep mouth busy and away from the nasty cookies.

Fulfig - I agree with you - housework, especially the big moving kind should count!

Jina - try to eat regularly even if not hungry - especially try for protein mixed with fat - that usually helps avoid later problems!

Spedmom - congrats on breaking the stall - what a great feeling that must be!

I am trying to hang in despite my run in with a chocolate bar last night!!!! (see yesterday's daily)....I am paying for it now....BUT I am truly getting inspiration here. I am one of those "all or nothing" gals, and now that the scale is up (okay I have not pooped in a couple of days....but still.... ) I feel so dejected and want to give up.

Then I come here and read how everyone is trying to get rid of the pounds they gained....and not giving up..and not obsessing about every little thing. It makes me think that I need to change my mindset...that yes, there will be setbacks, and I will struggle, but this does not mean I will give up!

I will continue to try and manage my eating, add some exercise, and do it as slowly as required - perserverance not perfection! right?

...and besides I am in pink today (my favorite color) which is making me happy! Pink button down oxford shirt from Eddie Bauer with a pink multi striped t-shirt underneath, blue jeans, and pink and white socks of course! (pink flower earrings too! and pink lipgloss and eyeshadow)....

Going out for dinner tonight with friends..then off to see a live band. I am dreading the dinner and will try to stay focussed. I am craving salmon and I'm sure they will have this in some form or another? Need to stay away from the sugars and starches tho!

Time for lunch!

Froufy
Old 01-09-2004, 12:04 PM   #19  
thin within

i forgot to mention my haircut this week. was it lekker and jdogg talking about getting haircuts a while back. well, i have a bad habit of putting scissors in my hair when i get frustrated with it. it turned out really well though. i used to cut my hair in college all the time. this time i cut about 4 inches at least. i took it from almost shoulder length to short short, like a boy cut. this is my favorite cut. i've not worn it this way in about 4 years. when i had my dd 4 1/2 years ago, i realized that my hair had gone from straight to really wavy/loose curly. so, i've worn it longer to enjoy all the body. one night this week though, i got sick of it and cut it all off. my husband couldn't believe i cut that much off and actually had it turn out so well. "oh ye of little faith." anyway, i told him last night that if our dd ever cuts her own hair, i won't be able to get mad. she has seen me do it too many times. i'm loving this cut. it really motivates me to work harder on losing, as i feel more exposed without all the thick hair surrounding me. even though samson's hair was his strengh, i feel more empowered when i have short short hair. ta ta for now!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #20  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Froufy - Don't beat yourself up about the candy bar. Enjoy your evening and keep plugging away tomorrow. I can't believe how cold it is by you. Reminds me of my favorite book "Very Last First Time" - children's book about the Northern Tundra and a little Inuit girl who follows her mom BELOW the ice to dig for mussels. COLD COLD COLD!

Fullfig - I used to cutoff my hair in college too (no $$$) and most times I did like it. I'm like you - with long hair I hide behind it and don't feel energized to stick with a program because it acts almost like a shield. With short hair - I think it brings attention more to to shape of my face and my shoulder line etc - so I better stay with my program.

Your retreat sounds great! Our Chapel is sending the teens on a retreat next week up to the border of Canada to ski, snowboard and 4 days of fellowship - so much fun! I think our assembly has about 20 kids going and 4 chaperones. It's almost like a mini-vacation! I will keep you both in my prayers - especially that your dh will have the words needing to be heard. Oh - and as I mentioned somewhere here - I've been battling the same 4 lbs now since October....but I really do still feel very in control. Enjoy your time away!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 01:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Ok girls I had some beautiful replies going...probably a book and somehow erased it all, so now I'm a bit frustrated.

Thanks for all the pep talks! I ate lunch, which completely filled me up! The cookies still look good, but the thought of eating one makes me ill.

I hope to be able to do better personals (without erasing everything-GRRRRR) in the future!
Old 01-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #22  
Pure Energy

Lori! I had the same problem with erased replies yesterday. Nothing so frustrating as to pour out your soul and then have it erased, grrrr.

Fullfig- any chance of a picture of the new haircut? I'd love to see it. You hottie you!

Froufy- Your pink outfit sounds so pretty! I love shades of pink. Sometimes I wish I could have a hundred rooms in my house so I could decorate one in all in pink. I love that shabby chic pink look with the baby pink roses and stuff. I bet you looked maaahvelous! daaahlink!!

I just woke up here at 12:30pm to get ready to go back to work and it looks like dh has let the woodburning stove go out. Aaaargh! it's so coold! Next year we're definitely getting a furnace. I keep dreaming about summer when I go to sleep.

I am not sure who told me about it but I went out and bought the Cardio Salsa DVD and can't wait to try it. Maybe tonight after work.

Kim- thanks for asking about dh's cyst. I think it's pretty much healed up now. Hopefully he has learned to bring it up if he first feels it now.

I'm excited, really excited. I'm at 180.0 today. On the verge of the 170's. I have'nt weighed in the 170's since I can't even remember, years, and years. My ketostix show the darkest red color. I just have to keep it up. Got to kick it up a notch. I want it soo bad. It's almost there. It's mine, baby! Oh yeah!!! My goal is 150 by bathing suit time. I want to start a bathing suit/summer challenge sometime.

Well gotta head to work. Maybe I'll get a chance to get on there. hang in there ladies. We're kicking butt and taking names!!! AroooooO!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 02:55 PM   #23  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default PINKNESS RULES

Oh jamie I simply LOVE the idea of a pink room - maybe some light green and white in there as well? I am hoping that somtime (in my old age...ha ha), I can have my own "private" room/retreat all in pink with my bunny collection displayed within....nice comfy overstuffed couch, footrest, fireplace and of course the library of all the books everyone has recommended! I hope you'll come and visit!

Congrats on the 170's....how fabulous is that!!!! You can do it!

Now about cutting your own hair! How incredibly BRAVE - I would never even attempt such a spectacular feat - I would most certainly botch it up and look like dr. frankenstein...or worse..his bride!

I am glad you are able to cut your hair and enjoy it - I would be scared to death....speaking of which I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED...cuz it is crappy and hanging and the gray roots are showing!....I did not get it cut last time cuz it was dd's bat mitzvah and I wanted it longer (which means past my ears by the way...ha ha).....I am SO READY to have it done and I always look good (I LOVE my hairdresser)...at least for a couple of days anyway!

I'm the one with the Cardio Salsa DVD by Crunch - let me know what you think Jamie!

As for dinner out tonight - I have now heard in the news that salmon is a no no...turns out domestically raised/farmed salmon is VERY HIGH IN MERCURY...and it is now recommended we only eat it once every 3 months (a far cry from the 3 times per week for the good fish oils!)....so no beef due to BSE...no salmon due to mercury...no pasta due to lc.....is chicken still safe? Maybe I should just have a salad? then again there's probably stuff on the veggies too?

I really like my pink outfit...was starting out in baby blue this am, but noticed my other Eddie Bauer brand new oxford cloth shirt has a bit of what seems to be a grease stain on it! Of course I had just cut off the tag - but I can probably still find the bill and will try to exchange it this weekend....(so my undies are still baby blue...ha ha...no time to change them to pink ones.... )....and I love fridays at work cuz it's casual day and we get to dress down, hence the shirt/t-shirt and blue jeans/runners....very comfy!

I dread going back out in the cold after work - my car will be freezing cold as I am in an outdoor lot....with no one to warm it up for me.....it's usually my finger and toes that suffer the most. Have to tidy up quickly feed the youngest as sitter is coming at 6:30 pm..then we're off at around 7.

Hope everyone has a fun evening!

HRH Princess in Pink Froufy
Old 01-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #24  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Disappearing text while posting! I hate when that happens.

What I do now to avoid it is I type my replies in a blank email or word document window. I highlight the whole response, hit CTRL X to cut it out and then in the 3FC grey reply window - just hit CTRL V to insert that text. Then submit!

It has helped me not get frustrated...
Old 01-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #25  
The Princess O' Pets

OOOOH as I am sitting here in full fledged TOM and craving chocolate, I am eating my PINK strawberry carb smart splenda ice cream, thinking I would LOVE to be sitting in Foufy's Pink bunny room, all snuggled up in a PINK chenille throw, with PINk jammies on, reading a book about bunnies & drinking PINK lemonade! While the song Pretty In Pink plays on the stereo.

(meanwhile hubby and the kids would be far off somewhere doing something fun together because I am so sick of being stuck in the house with them!!! DARN ice storm!)

Foufy you build it we will come! It will our Pink LC Ladies Library!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #26  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking busy busy busy..!!!

wow...you sure have been busy!! the whole lot of you. I've been having trouble subscribing to the daily threads. Anyone else having problems? I'll subscribe so I can keep up reading everyone's posts and I don't receive any notification. I pop onto the 3fc site and voila....there are 23 messages!!! weird huh?

I'm down 3 lbs of my holiday gain, I'm sure I could have done better but was having a snack attack all week. I tried to limit myself to carb free and legal stuff but it got away from me a little. I think I also wasn't eating enough to be honest, at lunchtimes I would have some chicken wings for a few carbs but it really wasn't filling so then I would start to snack about 4'sh. Today I ate a huge lunch and I don't feel the same way. Also increased my water intake which will no doubt help too.

Froufy....I bet you look like a breath of fresh springtime air!! I love a monochromatic look.....good luck with your new do tommorow!! Oh btw, I can relate to the choc. bar.....my inlaws came down for Christmas and I asked them to bring a goodie bag of things we can't buy down here. One of them was to bring a couple of Crunchie bars. Little did I know she would bring down 4 pkgs of 4 inside each pkg. (yes, I only had one.) Thank god dh also loves them. The other thing they brought down was PC dark choc. digestive cookies, PC diet pink lemonade and 2 pkgs of pea meal bacon. Next time.....CHEESE CURDS!!!!

Kim......I just realized reading your posts that we are the same current weight of 215. I'm off to St.Simons, Georgia in April and I'm bound and determined to be in the 190's then......how about you?...are you with me?

Jamie.......CONGRATULATIONS!!!! TA DA!!! you look mahvelous!!!

Theo's girl.....good luck with the new job!!! hey, thats alot of extra perks!!! wear something you really love to wear for your first day.....it will give you the extra confidence....try RED for success!!
Old 01-09-2004, 08:27 PM   #27  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Wow, its so good to see everyone back on track and doing great. I am just wanting to snarf down some cookies, actually not some, I really want an entire bag but I promised myself I would be good until my 14th wed anniversary at the end of this month........ crossing fingers lol.

Kim, one hour from the shore, I usually go to point pleasant, are you near there ? Maybe we could meet one day during the spring/summer? It takes me about 1 hr 15 minutes to get there. We usually go to Jenkins

Well I'm going to surf for a while, I haven't had to much time to get in here due to work but keep me posted and if you need anything let me know.

Hugs, Leens
Old 01-09-2004, 08:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Wow, everyone's super busy today! A million posts!

How brave are those that cut their own hair! I'm not sure I'd ever have the courage to do that - although my hair is short right now, so mistakes would be quite noticeable if I did try.

Jamie, we used to have a wood stove when I was growing up. When I was about 13 we replaced it with a corn stove (yep, we burned corn) for a few years. I liked the wood stove a lot, because in the winter we'd come in and hang all our snowy clothes near the stove and throw all the snow clumps right on top of the stove and watch them sizzle away!

I was trying to find a funny birthday card for a friend's b-day tomorrow but it was so frustrating - I'm honestly wondering if there was a law enacted that has prohibited the manufacturing of funny birthday cards. All the ones in the 'funny-section' were kind of lame! Hallmark does not get bonus points from me today!

I bought myself a little 'winter kit' for my car as a little present to myself. I like having all the little supplies to fill up the trunk of my car.

Ahh...that's it really, my mind is kind of mushy from work today...must go do something mindless right now....

Good evening, ladies! Julie.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:28 AM   #29  
The Princess O' Pets

YEah ME Yeah Me!!!! I finally escaped my house today!! The ice is melting!!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 12:39 AM   #30  
Head Princess

Hey all - just popping in real fast. I'm SICK!!! How does one get sick when she hasn't been out of the house in four days??? I was feeling achy last night and by this morning, I could barely move. So I've been taking advil for the pain and sleeping a LOT! I didn't move out of my bed until 6:00 tonight

The good news is that I'm feeling better. My throat's a little funky. It doesn't hurt but feels like it's a little swollen (sympathy for Karen's dd?) I'm debating going to see my dh at work for a bit, but I don't know. Maybe I should just keep things mellow at home. I just get so restless!
Closed Thread