Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM   #1  
Movin' and Losin'

Default Daily Chat -- Saturday, Nov. 15

Hey, ladies! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Does anyone have any fun plans?

Not much is going on at my end. Just some cleaning and some laundry. And, I'm on a mission to find and buy some of the sugar-free syrups you all have been talking about. I'm hoping Wal-Mart will have them. If not, did someone say that Smart and Final had them? I can't remember...

My DH has to work ALL day today. He works for an airline full-time and at a sports talk radio station part-time. The problem is the part-time is turning into closer to full-time. He'll be at the radio station from 1:30 p.m.-midnight. So, we're going to have dinner there. I'm not sure what we're going to have, but we'll have it picnic-style! That's the only way I'll be able to see him today.

Still getting in more exercise and eating *fairly* well. I'm hoping to see some progress on the scale on Monday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 11-15-2003, 10:43 AM   #2  
on my way down again

Hi All! I hope you are all having a great day.

Hi Gina and all, just heavy rain going on here. But that's when we like to go out the most...the beaches are full of things to look at, and we saw our first whales of the season yesterday. We're going to the healthfood store to shop today. I've been doing well with low carb bagel, and also like to slice them very thin into bread. It gives me a feeling of having my own little loaf of bread, not to mention they're so filling. Last summer, I took a bunch of empty packaging from low carb products to this store. They had always had the Atkins' products, but after I gave her these, she now has a sign in her little store window that says, "LOW CARB CENTER". She has done so well, has no room for it all, and can't keep it on the shelf. We don't have a Super Walmart or Smart and Final, so this little store has been a god send for me.

Have fun on you "picnic" with hubby. Barbie

Last edited by Barbie101; 11-15-2003 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi all!

Nice and sunny here, so I'm shortly off for a bit of a hike through one of the wealthier neighbourhoods in the city, to scope out all the pretty houses! Also, this weekend I have to do some writing on a report and a little researching tomorrow. Bleh. Oh well...

Today I made an appointment to get my car's oil changed and the filters checked ... I started to try to ask in French, but I have no idea how to ask for that in French, so I resorted 'Est-ce que vous parlez anglais?' with a little guilty smile.

And the hardest thing to find in Quebec is boxes of plain, skinless, boneless chicken breasts! I can't believe it is such a hassle to find them when I swear every grocery store had them back home! They're my favourite meat, so I really hate it when I don't have any on hand. Ahh...just venting my frustration after visiting 3 grocery stores without success. I know of one that has them, but it's really out of the way, so at the moment I'm just too lazy to go get them.

Anyway, that's all for now!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:39 PM   #4  
Head Princess

Happy Saturday everyone! Just got back from rollerskating with DH. OMG - I haven't done that in 15 years! I keep thinking of myself as that ice skating hippo in fantasia, but not as graceful.

After about 15 minutes, I started doing better and wasn't nearly as shaky. I started going faster and got pretty good at dodging all the kiddies that were flying (and falling) around. After an hour, I was feeling great! I was confident. I was graceful. I was strong. I fell flat on my a**.

Ouch! I'm still hobbling around. I have never fallen flat on my tailbone. That hurts!!! I'm still laughing at me, but I didn't go back out there. I figured 1 hour was enough for a first-timer. It really was fun, though. Really good inner thigh work!
Closed Thread