3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Encouragement throughout the Holiday months (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/34378-encouragement-throughout-holiday-months.html)

Kim in NJ 11-11-2003 05:09 PM

Encouragement throughout the Holiday months

I love how this board is full of encouragement.... AND I was wondering if anyone is interested in being part of a fun project for the next 2 months?

Just send me a Private Message with your name and address (I will not publish them here online…and don’t you do it either :D). I will setup a schedule where at least 3 people will send a note/postcard etc. (Snail Mail style) to encourage a fellow Atkins member. Depending on how many of you are interested….I will try to have each person send one note per month. However, if enough of you are interested, maybe each person could get a note each week from another member over the next two TOUGH MONTHS!

I think this could be especially encouraging throughout the holidays and might give us something visual to look at and hold onto and maybe just keep in our purses to read during those times when we may need that extra push to resist temptation. ( I mean food temptation here….it won’t work for men in fast cars… with long hair… blue eyes…a tattoo…OK I’m a little off topic now sorry! WHEW!)

You could enclose anything that you think might encourage that person to stay on program for the next few months. A personal note, a picture of yourself, a poem etc.

It will run for 7 weeks beginning next Monday 11/17.
Interested?????

Oh – and who can think of a jazzy name for this project???

:dizzy:

jdoggmartin 11-11-2003 05:15 PM

Love the idea, Kim! I'll send my info to you. As for a catchy name... I'm drawing a blank. I'll think on it, though. Thanks for thinking of this and managing it!

Take care,
Jina

StorybookMama 11-11-2003 05:25 PM

Great Idea!!!

Hmmm...putting on my thinking cap here.... but got sidetracked by the blonde in the fast car... was that Brad Pitt???? :D

Kim in NJ 11-11-2003 05:40 PM

Here are som submitted ideas... I really Like Holiday Helper!
Keep the ideas coming...

Cliff Notes (for when you're about to fall into a vat of carbs)
Holiday Helper (ala, Hamburger Helper)
Grace Notes (for that extra measure of Grace to step away from the carbs.)
Carbo-NO!tes
Holiday Survival Kit

Lekker 11-11-2003 07:02 PM

How about:

Greeting Carbs

Giving up Carbs for Cards

Postcarbs

...yeesh, I can't get off the carbs=cards thing...

lame, I know. I'll keep thinking as I contemplate the slow and painful death of the computer I am working on. (It's been giving me problems today and I should really have gone home by now!)

Jamlinrich 11-11-2003 09:24 PM

Lekker!!

You are so clever! I am HUGE pun fan though. Everyone teases me about my love of puns. I vote for one of yours. I will definitely participate. This is a great idea Kim!

StarPrincess 11-11-2003 10:27 PM

I'm in! I'm in! What a great idea!

I'm voting for Greeting Carbs/Postcarbs or Cliff Notes :)

Kim in NJ 11-12-2003 01:04 PM

We have 6 so far..... anyone else interested?
I'm going to put a sheet of stickers in with my notes!!!! (that always gets my 7 yr old to participate!) :lol

rochemist 11-12-2003 01:18 PM

I want to join. I hope everyone is cool with that?

Miss Chris

Kim in NJ 11-12-2003 06:21 PM

Sure you can join us Miss Chris....but where have you been hiding???? Introduce yourself and join in on the fun!
Have you been on Atkins long or just starting?

Froufie 11-12-2003 08:26 PM

I love getting mail! Definitely some Postcarbs will do it for me! don't forget I'm in Canada tho! ...and I may have to stock up on some US postage stamps!

I love those names, how abot CurbyourCarbs or Mailbox Mambo (yes we will all mambo to our mailboxes to pick up our note cards)....do they have to be postcards? How about note cards?

I'm in!

Froufie :)

rochemist 11-14-2003 10:16 PM

I am not eating sugar, white flour, or fruit for the time being I mostly steal from Atkins for food ideas, but I am not counting carbs. I check labels, if there is sugar in it or yeast would eat it or its labebled diet food I won't touch it.

Miss Chris

Kim in NJ 11-16-2003 11:36 PM

Ok Ladies - Last Call.
I'll be emailing out the addresses to everyone by Tuesday.
I believe we have 8 participants so far....and I wish I had, had a note with me this weekend. BAD BAD weekend!

Anyone else want to join?