Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 05:24 PM   #1  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Talking My Deal of the Day

Okay,

I went to the local Cash & Carry to get my DaVinci Syrups.... I have never seen such a selection. They have EVERY flavor and it was just amazing. I'm still floored. I should go back and take a picture for you all to see how many bottles I'm talking about. Imagine an entire grocery aisle of NOTHING BUT BOTTLES of every color and flavor!!!

It was $3.65 for each LARGE bottle. It was all I could do to not buy everything there.

Now, my next find was further on down the aisle. They also had Torani syrups, which also has a Sugar Free line and they are also sweetened with Splenda - and they were only $3.25 per bottle.

I went with DaVinci since that's what we're all familiar with - but was tempted to try the Torani since that is also popular in the coffee shops around here.

I'm so excited to go home and try my new flavors: Dulce de Leche, Gingerbread (for holiday baking - if I do any) and Cherry. They were out of Raspberry or I would have gotten that. I wanted to also get Grape, Rootbeer, Cookie Dough, Huckleberry, etc.....

Couldn't wait to get back here and tell you all!!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:39 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Mmmmmmmmmmm - that sounds so great! Now, what the **** is a cash & carry?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #3  
Each Bite of Sugar...

It's a wholesale Food Services & Supply store. It's one of the places restaurants shop for food...

It appears there are locations all over the place - try this link - apparently it's also called Smart & Final stores....

http://www.smartandfinal.com/store_locations.asp
Old 11-05-2003, 06:11 PM   #4  
Head Princess

Huh - well, what do you know! There's one not 10 minutes away from me. I'm goin' shopping!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:13 PM   #5  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Glad I could be of Service!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:59 PM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

There is one right by my kids school! I will be heading there tmo!

BTW.. I Love Torani! My family has used them for years to make Italian sodas (I am Italian) I am sure the sugar free ones will be good too!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:34 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

No davinci around here -but I have found the Torani for sale in some local coffee bars......but it's still pretty pricey. So far I have tried the chocolate (so so), vanilla (wonderful) and raspberry (yummy).

Have to finish these up a bit (have 3 large bottles) before I "restock" with more flavors! They do seem to last a very long time

Froufy
Old 11-06-2003, 03:31 AM   #8  
Pure Energy

Thanks so much for the info on the Smart and Final. I don't have one near me in Illinois but will be in California next week. I'll buy some there and bring em back!!!! I can't wait. I don't want to use them until after at least the first two weeks of induction anyway. They sound heavenly and like you I really, really want to try almost all the flavors. Aaaarrrggh!!
Closed Thread