Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Kim, StarPrincess: Thanks for the advice! I'm really excited about all this and can't wait to have the success that all you guys here at the boards have had!

Anyway, I gotta run now: supervisor meeting! Yikes!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #17  

I guess all of us have had experiences with friend, family, and even strangers telling us how bad for us Atkins is. My sister, whom I love dearly, says she can't possibly do Atkins because her cholesterol is so high. She's quite worried about me.
As near as I can tell, there's nothing about low-fat, high complex carbohydrate diets that will raise my HDL (or is it LDL, whatever is the good one). That's my only cholesterol problem, so I'm sticking with the Atkins. At least I won't have the added risk of overweight.
I'm so annoyed with myself. I often have tuna w/ mayo for lunch. Sometimes with some celery, onions, peppers whatever. I was fixing my lunch this morning when I looked closely at my jar of mayo. Seems I accidentally picked up the stupid low-fat version which has more than twice as many carbs in it. I've only been eating it for the last week, but I'm throwing it away and getting the right kind. I guess I need to pay more attention while I'm grocery shopping.

Jen
Old 11-05-2003, 03:48 PM   #18  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

I FINALLY Found some of the Davinci Syrups! I went to QFC.. Hadnt been there in a while.. I found the SF Irish Creme...OMG it is SOOOOO good! I am in HEAVEN! Could you add it to heavy cream and make a tasty whipped creme?

I am still waiting for a call back from my doctors office about TOM... sigh...
Old 11-05-2003, 04:06 PM   #19  

I am still friendly with a group of woman that I used to work with a while ago and we meet every month or so for dinner. The last time we were at dinner (there is 6 of us) we were all talking about our diets. .....mostly low carb by the way. I mentioned that I was doing Atkins and one of the woman chimes in and says " I don't care what you say Atkins is a bad way of eating. My sister died from a heart attack and she was on Atkins".....all of us looked at her and chimed in at the same time "YOUR SISTER HAD MAJOR HEART DISEASE!" She was quiet after that!

I too have had my share of comments made. I wish I was more successful on this diet so that I could show them all up. But I am my own worse enemy. I always screw up every diet I have ever been on. I do fine for a while and then all of sudden everything good goes right out the window. Ever since last weekend I am an eating machine. I had Halloween candy of course and it has all been down hill from there. I even hit the vending machine at work today for the first time in 5 weeks And someone brought in Twix bars today! GOD HELP ME!
I can say I will start all over again tomorrow but the fact is I feel like I am ALWAYS starting again. I guess the good thing is that I keep trying. If I wasn't trying my weight would just keep going up and up. At least I am maintaining it for the most part.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

I know what you mean Jane! I've been sabatoging myself with "just a few pieces" of Halloween candy or whatever the excuse of the day is for a couple of weeks now. Every day, I say "this is the day I start over" and then I blow it for no good reason :-(

Today, I haven't cheated and I can still see the light at the back of the wagon - let's run and jump on while we still can!!

At least L144S keeps my motivated to go to the gym
Old 11-05-2003, 08:11 PM   #21  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

UMMM KIM WHATS WITH THE CANDY!!!!!!

Yes Kim keeps me going to the gym too, a good thing for both of us, I bailed early because tv sucked and Jerry Springer in in no way worth my time...
Old 11-05-2003, 08:41 PM   #22  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Day 4...doing really well. On Day 2, I had a headache the entire day, but I chalked it up to caffeine withdrawals. On Day 3, (well, Night 3), my shins hurt so much it felt like someone had beaten me with a baseball bat! I was fine this morning and have remained fine, so I think it was just due to the fact that I had to sit all day in meetings yesterday. (I'm usually on my feet all day.)

I don't have a scale (I have "scale issues"), so I've been relying on my lipolysis strips to make sure I'm burning fat. This morning, the thing turned dark purple immediately! I was pleased.

My students thought I was insane today...there was a rumor going around that I had been eating "leaves" at lunch. It was actually a spinach salad with anchovies and feta cheese. (It would have been REALLY yummy with some chopped up hard-boiled egg!)

Jennelle
Old 11-05-2003, 11:42 PM   #23  

I have been on Atkins since Feb and taken breaks ..not as strict as i was in the very beginning, and I find that i dont lose as fast as I was in the beginning...but again I was getting some kind of exercise and I think the more you lose you have to work harder at it to come off. I just see some of the numbers that some of you have lost the same amount of weight that I have and it has only been since like July or so and I started in Feb! any pointers?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:26 AM   #24  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Nicki - You and I are in the same boat I think. Even though I started in July, those 1st 8 weeks were a huge drop. In the last 4 weeks I've only lost 3 lbs. I have realized that I need to get moving physically now. Lifting weights is also a goal - just overwhelmed right now about how much how often etc.

I also take lots of supplements though which I really think are helping me. See my post under the Bloodwork thread. My Dr. is very pleased with this whole plan for me. I did find that I definitely have the yeast problem as his book mentions even though I've never had a yeast infection. Now I only eat cream cheese and mozzarella and steer clear of cashew nuts etc.

Even though your weight stalls - do you notice a change in your body shape? I finally today got into a size 22 and I'm excited...I was in a 26. Email me privately if you'd like to chat more tomorrow. I'm off to bed now!
Old 11-06-2003, 03:27 AM   #25  
Pure Energy

Wow, what a day! I finished my last day of 2nd shift (3pm -11pm) YAYAY!! but unfortunately am moving into midnight shift for 7 days. UGH! Was an okay day for the plan but I found that if anything I wasn't very hungry at all. I made myself eat some anyway. I know it's important.

I agree that all the bad press Atkins has gotten over the years combined with rampant ignorance really gives people a bad attitude. I've decided that my best plan of attack is to not share what I'm doing with anyone unless they specifically ask. I don't want to open myself to the judgements of others. I find myself defending it to people when in reality it's none of their business.

I feel like this is a very personal decision. For the first time in my life I'm doing something for me that I feel good about and although it is very contrary to my character I feel like saying "I don't give a hoot what you think!" to others.

It's refreshing. I'm sorry you all haven't been feeling great. I've been crampy too and am spotting for the first real time since I had the baby. (I have an IUD) I got used to not having a period and it was nice.

Logan (ds) and I are going to be flying to California a week from Friday to visit an aunt and we are very excited.

I'm super thrilled. 4 days of eating on the plan and 6lbs down. Only 69 more to go!!! WoooHooo!!!
Hang in there Ladies!
Closed Thread