3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Honest Answers - Do You Miss Sweets? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/33806-honest-answers-do-you-miss-sweets.html)

Leenie 10-29-2003 01:26 PM

Honest Answers - Do You Miss Sweets?

I don't think I am alone here but do you all miss sweets ? I mean real sugar ?

When your sweet tooth starts acting up, what do you do to calm the beast ?

I usually chug a gallon :p of diet soda and that will usually help.

StarPrincess 10-29-2003 01:46 PM

I'm an odd one and have never really been big on sweets. I gave up chocolate for an entire year once just to see if I could do it. ;)

When I do get that sweet tooth, I try to find something rich to eat. Something covered in alfredo sauce works nicely. Or I make chicken parmesean without the bread crumbs. For some reason, marinara sauce tends to make everything all better for me.

Kim in NJ 10-29-2003 02:03 PM

I don't miss sweets on a daily basis - but I LOVE CHOCLOATE!!!!! If I'm not around it I'm fine....the moment I smell it - UGH!!!

Last night I was craving some chocolate so I took a small dish of whipped heavy cream and sprinkled a little SF chocolate pudding on it. Not sure how many carbs it was - but it was enough to satify that beast!

jdoggmartin 10-29-2003 05:16 PM

YES!! I love sweets, and I've started to miss them. I love things like gummy worms and Skittles and Starburst! I haven't really found a good substitute for them, but coffee with cream and sweetner is usually my dessert, and it satisfies me.

StorybookMama 10-29-2003 10:43 PM

I don't miss sweets nearly as much as I miss bread. Plain and simple - bread in any form.

I do love chocolate and cheesecake and stuff like that - but I don't "miss" it so to speak.

Froufy 10-30-2003 12:39 PM

I do sometimes miss sweets - but not always candy stuff - I sometimes wish I could bite into a giant chocolate chip muffin or a banana split or ice cream sundae...how about some cheesecake or real chocolate?

Then I am shocked with myself for even THINKING of eating those sugar laden goodies and think of what I might feel like.

I also sometimes indulge in a diet cream soda cuz they're really sweet and sometimes do the trick - in other cases it just seems to make me want more sweet things to eat.

I am now dreading hallowe'en cuz for some reason I think I will get out of control? Not sure why I'm thinking this. I think I will make sure to have tons of sf bubble gum or something else to munch on to avoid the CARB LADEN GOODIES. (A filling dinner might help!)

It's not even TOM so not sure why I am having the feeling of uncontrollable strong cravings?

Wait - I think I still have some sf gummy bears in my desk drawer.....see you later!

Froufie

d_rowland 10-30-2003 01:12 PM

Miss - of course - 42 years of sweets and then give them up??? Why wouldn't you miss them. I have found carbo-lite bars help, so do the Atkins bars, but I don't use them very often - only emergency TOM.

Last night I wanted something when I got home at 9:30, so I took some Diet Root beer on ice and then stirred in some cool whip - boy was that good!

I also whip whipping cream until just ready to peak and add sf instant chocolate pudding. Sometimes I stir in softened cream cheese and let it set up - it is a rich mousse, you don't eat alot of it.

SF jello is another good substitute.

StorybookMama 10-30-2003 01:53 PM

Debra - try mixing the sf instant pudding into the cream and then just mixing it up... without whipping it at all. It has a much creamier texture to me - and I liked it better that way.

I took 2 cups cream and 1/2 the package of the pudding...

It's very rich - a few bites is enough.

Lisa - who discovered this when she wanted to make some but didn't want to use the noisy mixer during naptime. ;)

KarenW 11-01-2003 06:52 PM

I was a huge sweets fan pre-atkins. SInce starting atkins I have been so good. In fact I have never baked as much as I have in the last 3 months and I have not had one taste lick or cheat in this way. Even last night with all the candy.. not a one...

I guess I really dont miss it!

Now chips on the other hand....

barbmarie 11-05-2003 04:44 AM

I was doing well, no cravings, no cheating until.............
The last week of October. 2 birthday cakes, then Halloween candy. Its kind of like the potato chip commercial "no one can eat just one". I didnt stop all week. Am really paying for it now. Back on Induction starting today. Hopefully all the cravings will be gone now by the end of the week. Also staying FAR away from the scale.

Barb

Leenie 11-05-2003 09:35 AM

Barb, so you goofed, its okay, I goofed 2 x in one week (last week and you know, its okay, I'll just get up off the floor and dust myself off).

We will survive this, we will make losing weight something we want for ourselves and not something we feel we have to do.

Besides, you have all of us ninnies here to hug you and me when we fall.

Love Yah !!

Sonnet 11-07-2003 12:38 AM

I don't miss sweets, as long as I stay away from carbs. The times we have had a regular meal at someones house, holidays, or pizza, whatever is served to us, I go crazy for sweets and carbs, and it takes me 4 days to 2 weeks to get back on to the diet and to feel well again. We have found low carb candies and love them-even Gummie Bears and cookies. Our favorite is Judy's carmel/choc/macadamia nut clusters. They totally satisfy the sweet need, but the downfall is they are "very gassy" and so we have to eat just one. This problem makes it easy to have just one too. LOL Barbie

Theo'sgirl 11-07-2003 01:38 AM

I haven't had any real cravings since the first 3 days those were definantly the hardest!!! If I feel like I need a sweet I have been having a SF candy or my sister (also on Atkins) made us the best root beer floats the other day with Diet RB and the vanilla low carb ice cream. It was great. I think this is the wierdest thing is I am a total Bread and milk girl and I haven't had any since 10/23 and I feel totally fine about it, no cravings even...I would have NEVER expected that!