Weekly Chat - Sept 29th to October 5th

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Grab a cup of Java, or you beverage of choice and come join us!

• Good Morning ALL!!

I have good news to report today! Not only is it my 13th Wedding anniversary today, I am down 2 pounds from last week AND I lost another 7.5 inches over my body over the last month for a total of 17 inches GONE FOREVER!!! WOO HOO!!!

I can tell I am going to have a great week! I am on

This is my week to go to the gym early since I dont have to drive the kids into school! So as soon as the carpool gets here I am off! I am sooo excited!
  • Congrats Karen - on the great weight loss, inches off and ANNIVERSARY! Good for you, I bet you feel and look great!

I am a bit disappointed this week as I have not lost weight...actually up 1/2 lb....but I know this was due to extra (legal) carbs eaten for Rosh Hashana (Jewish new year) dinner party!....just finishing up all the leftovers (the sf cheesecake was awesome!).

So I am plugging away trying to stay on track. In order to feel a bit better this morning I quickly dug out the tape measure as my pants were feeling loose...while unofficial it does look like maybe another two inches have disappeared from my waistline. I must be due for another round of measurements?

Going out this evening to a ladies meeting (I belong to a fund raising organization)...this evening's speaker/event is on wine tasting and wine choices? I am hoping there won't be too many samples....I might take a sip or two? After the talk there is a social hour with coffee/tea and goodies! I will be strong and try not to nibble...there is usually fresh fruit and as I am off induction I may try to find some berries if possible. I also plan to fill up on dinner so I won't be tempted!

So Karen...any anniversary plans? presents?

Froufy
  • WOW KAREN !! you go girl

Froufy, me too, no loss this week but I kinda knew why, my calories are to high, some days I was at 1800 and some days over 2000. If I keep them below 1400 I'll lose.......SIGH~ ~ ~
    So thats what Iplan to do this week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend ?

I'm home today from work, I have the nastiest cold ... yeah I know I just got over the flu last week.. OY!

This too shall pass
  • Thanks Leens and Froufy! I am pretty happy today!

Had a good workout at the gym. Wednesday I meet with a trainer to have my meausurements taken again. THis is for the wall of Sucess the gym does.. every 4 weeks we weigh in and measure and take a pic to help motivate everyone. This gets posted on the wall!

I had some bad news though today.. one of my crochet students has been battling breast cancer for 7 years. She is only 53. She is not well and in bed now. She just had her first grandchild this month and was supposed to fly out on thursday to see her. But she might not be able to see her now. I am taking this really hard as this is one of my most favorite people in the world! If you are so inclined, please pray/think good thoughts for her!

thanks for letting me share!
  • WOW
    Karen...may I say?.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THAT IS FANTASTIC!! You are certainly staying on plan and will be on that wall of fame in no time!!! Keep it up!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

My week has been good, (not as great as Karen's....hehe) but still good. I am the slow turtle losing another .5 lb and another half and inch off of my waist. TOM came today so, I'm feeling rather crappy....blech!! Off for a nice hot bath and then bed.
  • karen, that is great. you are doing so well. i love watching your progress. i'll pray for your friend.

angel-eyes, your loss is great too.

leens and froufy, hang in there. i've been really slow these last couple of weeks too.

i'm down 1.4 since last week. i've got to get myself in gear with exercise. do y'all have any suggestions of where i can order psyllium husk and protein powder from the internet. i don't where i could possibly find them here. any help would be greatly appreciated. have a great week!
  • Karen, your friend, family and YOU ! are in my prayers.

Nice to see everyone today, so far so good, I'm doing really well w/my eating I just hope this cold doesn't set me back, I've had a few OTC cough drops, sugar free, hope that doesn't do anything or I'll just flip.

I gotta start my exercise program really soon, I'm do know this is why I don't lose quicker and well I've been putting it off to long now. As soon as I'm up to snuff, this weekend I'm gonna get my walking tapes out and start doing them

Hope you all are having an OP day !!

HUGS !
  • Good afternoon everyone!

Leens - Could we start maybe a weekly exercise thread? I would be glad to start it! maybe it would help keep us all motivated to work out!

Thanks Angel-eyes, fulfig for the kind words. It just hit me yesterday how well it is going for me now. I was slow off the mark, but things are starting to pick up now.

Thanks to all for the prayers for my friend. I saw her yesterday. Her doctor told her that she is very healthy, lungs, liver, kidneys, heart are all working as if she didnt have cancer. It is the Chemo that is making her sick and the doctor who originally told her that she wouldnt last past september now told her that she is too healthy to succumb! That is the good news, now if she can just get stronger and feel better with the chemo she will be doing great.

Ok, I am off to get on my treadmill! Have a great day all!
  • LAST NIGHT'S FIASCO!
    Well...hard to believe but I was somewhat out of control, a rare occurence, except for TOM!

I think it was the sf/lc cheesecake I had yesterday that set off a round of unbelievable carb cravings (2 oz pecans, sf jello, 1/3 sf chocolate bar, 10 fries from kids dinner, 1 spoon kraft dinner, 1 bite of dinner roll w/butter)....wow what a pigout.

Then off to a meeting...actually a wine tasting where I sipped an ounce or two of wine then dumped the rest. Luckily they had cheese (and crackers)...so I had some gouda (no crackers) and a glass of diet gingerale to keep me busy.

I was OUT OF KETOSIS when I tested last night which was really depressing...but the scale looks okay this am...as I weigh the same.

I will be extra careful of carbs today, and try and keep it to 20....hopefully back in ketosis by this evening.

So the moral of the story is....NO CHEESECAKE FOR ME....and to be careful of foods that can trigger these cravings (maybe the pecans too?)

Froufy

p.s. Sorry to hear about your friend Karen...I hope it turns out for the best.
  • Hi everyone.

I am so excited I am newly inspired since finding this website a week ago. I have been working so much harder. Sticking to my diet and exercising so much better. Today I went to the gym which is only 1/2 block from my house. But sometimes it is so hard to go that 1/2 block. I worked out for 1 hour so I have to brag.

Karen- I will be praying for your friend

Work Hard All

dinki
  • HAPPY OCTOBER 1ST!
    Happy October to all...and a chilly morning here! Almost time to turn on the heating in the house.

I am also a bit "sniffly" this morning...not sure if it is allergies (seems too frosty for that) or if I am coming down with a cold? (god forbid, have two very important meetings to attend tomorrow and Friday).

Feeling discouraged with the weight thing.....I stayed under 20 carbs yesterday, and back in ketosis, but I was hoping scale would move downward instead of up a bit!

I am trying to be strong, but I am SO TIRED of dealing with the same pound....I have been hovering between 191.2 and 192 for the past week or so, and it is so frustrating .

My doctor's appt is on Oct 23rd, and I really want to be down in the 180's (especially since I will weigh more on that scale given clothes, food, etc).

I think I need to EXERCISE??? I am such a lazy thing, but do you think if I tried to up the exercise...maybe daily (GASP) for the next 3 weeks the scale would move? This will take a lot of determination and planning on my part. There are some days when I am so busy after work (chauffeuring kids to classes)..that I don't get home til 9 pm? I do have a treadmill at home, and videos so there are not too many excuses.

Any ideas/suggestions/motivations to help a lazy froufy?

Froufy
  • Good morning!!

It is day again!!

Today was my 4-week appt with my trainer at the gym!

He didnt measure me because he likes to wait 8 weeks for better results but I did get weighed and my body fat tested....

I lost 6 pounds!
    I lost 2.5% of my body fat!!
    I gained 1 pound in Muscle!

WOO HOO!

Can you say I am really motivated now??

Got to run and take a shower.. but I had to share! I am so Excited!!!!!!!
  • Good Thursday Morning !

Froufy, I just wanna say, hang in there, you had a minor goof, don't let it destroy all your hard work, just brush those knee's off and get back on the bike.... Better hurry because I'm peddling right behind you....... BOOO !

Dinki, I'm so happy for you. Don't know if you know this but your posts are very inspiring and they really make me wanna do better and better each day. I'm so happy you found us too.

Karen, hugs to your friend. Thank God medicine can help her thru this. I know a few folks who went thru kemo and they are just fine now. It does take a toll on the body but w/out it... well you know Lets just pray research can come up w/a better way I'm so happy for you too, your inspiring words just make me feel like I can really stay with this life style. Hugs
    Please start an exercise thread, you guys can do anything you like, this is your board, not mine, so feel free to let it rip !!!

Angel-eyes on the .5 lb... I'd take that in a heart beat. I bet my metabolism is slower than yours I have to lower my calories to 1300 to lose or the dang scale just won't budge...how's that for slow. Must be all those years of abusive diets oh well live and learn huh. But in any case CONGRATS !!!!! I think its wonderful.

Fullfig 1.4 lbs down YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! great job !!
    I don't know where you can buy p.husks on the web but I'll look around for you.

Well I better get to work, my boss is out today so I get to play a little bit in here Some day's you might not even see me but thats okay, I'll make up for it lol.

Hugs to my friends.....
  • Good morning all...at work just having my 2nd cup of decaf w/cream. 1 important meeting down....next one tomorrow pm!

Have lots of boring work to do, but I will plug away at it.

Thanks Leens for the kind words, and I"m pedalling as fast as I can as you look pretty fast and I certainly don't want to get run over!

I was out of ketosis again last night?....not really sure why, but I won't obsess about it, as my pants were pretty loose yesterday. (I was able to get them on and off without undoing the zipper, and button!!!).

I try and remain optimistic and count my carbs religiously. I weighed in this morning at 191.2, but did get a peek at 190.8 the first time I got on!

3 week countdown to dr's appt where I hope to be in the 180's. I will try and exercise this weekend for sure as I should have lots of time.

I encourage everyone to keep posting their progress and exercise attempts. I find it very motivating and encouraging to be part of this group of LOSERS! ha ha

Froufy