Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #31  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Wow! How cool! There are a couple of others in Auburn and that area too! We should have a WA get together!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:10 AM   #32  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi all,

I'm on day 10 of induction and am now only just getting get my carbs under 20 grams!! The first few days were easy, it was 7 or 9 11 but now it's 20 - 21. They are all good carbs tho - acceptable veggies usually - I think i've made a break through tho - i was shopping with a friends yesterday and we stopped for coffee & and something "nice" as per usually out of habit really and i just didn't fancy anything once i got to the counter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I THINK I'VE CRACKED MY SWEET TOOTH CRAVINGS!
yipeeeeee!!!

i settled for my usual black coffee and was feeling kind of smug for the rest of the day.

I weighed in on monday and i've lost 5 lbs and 4 ins in one week - i am so pleased with myself i'm on
the headaches have gone, i'm feeling more energetic and am waking up hungry and eating breakfast which i haven't done.......ever!!!
I now need to concentrate on doing a bit more exercise now that's the bit i don't like!

How are you all going with your carb counts on induction - has it got easier or harder to stick to 20???
Old 10-08-2003, 10:40 AM   #33  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Tulip-Fairy!

WTG!! You are doing so great!

I never had a problem with carbs from the beginning! I have always managed to stay under 20.. most of the time 9 or less carbs a day. I am trying a few things now to increase my carbs but I havent gotten much past 11 carbs a day.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:13 PM   #34  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi Karen,

I might be adding it up wrong, do you eat much veg? that adds mine up....!!!

What type of things do you eat in a day on your induction..not being nosey but would like to see if it's similar to my diet!!!

I'm not complaining too much though as the weight is coming off and im not hungry, it's just that i'm so close to my carbs total!

Do you have 20g carbs + 3 cup of salad / veg or do you count that in with your 20g???

yours confusingly!!

Tulip
~x~
Old 10-08-2003, 12:27 PM   #35  
I'm a Jovi Girl

The Veggies are included in my carb count for the day!

I usually have 1-2 cups of Salad for lunch (Romaine or mixed greens) and 1 cup of Induction approved veggies (Higher carb count ones.. spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans) at dinner. If I only have one cup of salad at lunch, then I have another cup at dinner.. or celery stalks for a snack.

The 20 carbs a day must include your veggies. You want your 20 carbs to come from veggies as much as possible. Although I do get some from my daily coffee with Heavy Cream, 1-2 oz of cheese, eggs... but the rest are from veggies. And I do count the net carbs...
Old 10-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #36  

I have been doing Atkins for 32 months, having gone from 376 to 266, with plateaus every so often. I find that aside from the vegetables and yogurt cheese, I have low carb tortillas (small 3 carbs) or WASA Soya crispbread (6 carbs). I usually eat around 30-40 carbs a day, sometimes go up to 60-80. I only stayed on Induction for two weeks. I figured since I had so much too lose, I wanted this to be a lifestyle not a diet. I save the Induction levels now for a fast day maybe once a month. My calories are about 1500-1800 and if I were counting WW points, they are around 30.

If you started on August 3rd, why are you still on Induction? Perhaps add 1/2 cup blueberries (4 carbs) in some cream cheese with splenda. I downloaded the Carb Gram Counter from the www.atkins.com site and it gives me all the information I would ever need on any food off-line. It is a .pdf file and you need to download Adobe Reader to read it, but it is very helpful. Perhaps you could get some ideas from that.

Best wishes
Old 10-08-2003, 12:39 PM   #37  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi Mary!

I am still on induction as per my doctors orders. I am insulin resistant and he wants my carb count down as low as possible to get my blood sugar under control. I will be on induction until at least the end of December when I have more blood work done.

I am not concerned about having my carbs so low as so much as how to increase it from time to time while still on strict induction. Being that I usually exercise 6 days a week.. ( this week will be less as I have a cold) sometimes I need a little extra something to help push my body a bit farther when exercising.

Because of the sugar content in fruit, the doctor says no can do until my sugar levels are stable again.

Congrats on your Weight Loss! You are doing so well!
Closed Thread