Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #16  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jenny1

For leg cramps, make sure you are taking vitamins, but especially leg cramps you need magnesium, I take 3,000 mg Calcium/Magnesium supplement and it took the cramps away in a day or 2. If you are still having problems after a few weeks, it might be potassium. Also make sure you are drinking alot of water.

For the BM problem, you really need to get something w/psyllium in it. Start taking it right away. I tried so many things and the only thing that worked for me was Konsil 1 Tsp w/water a day, maybe 2 tsp 2 x a day at first until you start going then you can go to 1 tsp 1 x a day. Its about $19.00 a bottle but it lasts a long time. FiberCon, metamucill did not work. Plus they both have carbs in it.

Last edited by Leens; 10-04-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #17  

Yes my leg cramps did go away. It surprises me that Atkins Center doesn't suggest taking the supplements 1 week prior to starting the diet. I started them on day 1 of induction. I just needed to get them in my system.

If you have constipation the Dr. Atkins snacks are a great cure
Old 10-03-2003, 05:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/260/200

Default Another Induction Question

How long did you stay on the induction phase? I'm thinking of staying on it about a month or so. I may be a little more liberal with the things I choose to eat (like MACADAMIA NUTS yummy) but I will do my best to stay under the 20 carbs on a daily basis.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:21 PM   #19  
thin within

i've been on induction for about 4 1/2 weeks. i plan to stay on it at least two more months, until i can get the bulk of what i need to lose off. atkins says that you can stay on it as long as you have weight to lose. so, that is what i am doing. it just depends person to person, i guess.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:45 PM   #20  
reaching my goals

I've been on induction for 16 weeks I think. I've lost 22 pounds so far. I'm a slow loser.

The Atkin's snacks I think were slowing me down. Be careful with those. Wal-Mart has the Konsyl for just under $15.00. I bought it a couple of days ago but haven't started it yet. I'm gonna try to force a dose down tonight.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/260/200

What is Konsyl ?
Old 10-04-2003, 12:13 PM   #22  
Confirmed Scales Addict

I'm on day 6 of Induction and am going great guns... I love to cook anyway so am finding it quite easy to russle up scrummy dinners, especially with the cream / cheese allowances!!!

After a history of low fat diets, this suits me really well, i am loving it.

I had the shakes for a few days but they are getting less as the days go by. the constipation hasn't happened, but there is still a fair bit of veggies in my diet, I've had no leg cramps but the bad breath has happend, i've got a dry mouth constantly and a really icky taste...how long should it last??
Closed Thread