Old 01-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #106  

Smile bio

DATE: Jan 5, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Vapine/Amy

BIRTHDAY: June 24, 1969

MARITAL STATUS:Engaged

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 kids boy(10) and girl (17)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:antiques,eq,little scrapbooking

PETS:

ATKINS START DATE: starting over 1-5-6

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: only diet that has worked for me

TOP WEIGHT:290 (approx. 6 1/2 years ago) starting over weight 262

CURRENT WEIGHT:255

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'9

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: GA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: staying on track

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: have a contest going with my sisters and brother to see who can lose the most by June also my upcoming wedding
vapine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Hello I just started dieting 1/4/05 and have lost 5 lbs I needed to join some forum that would motivate me... So I joined this one..
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

DATE: 1/5/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Rhysa

BIRTHDAY: January 16th

MARITAL STATUS: Married for almost 2 yrs

FAMILY INFO: I am married and have one son that is 10 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading

PETS: One cat named JJ

ATKINS START DATE: 1/3/06 I messed up on the date my first post..

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I have done it before and lost 40 lbs real quick..

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 255

GOAL WEIGHT: 200 (setting low goals first)

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: US

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Hard when I am the only one dieting...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: We want to have another baby, so I am making small goals till i lose a good amount of weight before I get preggy.....

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am serious about dieting and if your serious about dieting you can do it!
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:50 AM   #109  

DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Cathy H

BIRTHDAY: 10-13

MARITAL STATUS: Married to a wonderful hubby who loves me however I am

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): @ boys grown, and lots of animals kids
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: KNitting, Cross Stitch, readiing, the list goes on!

PETS: Birds, Cats and one dog
ATKINS START DATE:1/2/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINSH had lkost weight on it before

TOP WEIGHT: 200?

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: br

HAIR COLOR: br

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: OH

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Love chocolate

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be healthy so I can live to see my someday grandkids and play with them

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I need all the encouragement I can get

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:Not sure

Old 01-11-2006, 02:15 AM   #110  

Default Low Carb Bio

Hi Everyone,

I got this idea from another board (thank you!) and thought it would be cool for us to get to know each other a little better.

DATE: January 10, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Littlelota / Laura

BIRTHDAY: July 3rd

MARITAL STATUS: Single (Divorced)

FAMILY INFO: I have a beautiful 9 year old daughter.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Cooking, baking, reading, playing games, singing.

ATKINS START DATE: January 1, 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: It's worked for me before

STARTING WEIGHT: 193

CURRENT WEIGHT: 186

GOAL WEIGHT: 142 I think. I'll know when I see me there if it is good 4 me

HEIGHT: 5'2"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Central Coast of California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Going all the way to my goal without stopping and at a comfortable point.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
I have finally gotten to the point of being lonely enough that I know I have to finish this. I don't seem to have a problem finding a date, just a problem with intimacy because I'm so self conscious of my body, which means there's no point in having dates when the ultimate outcome is I'll be a lone again anyway. So, this time it's all about me (wow that sounds terrible.) This time I want to see ALL of the bones you're supposed to be able to see. I want to see the muscles I just know are in my thighs. People ask me how much I want to get down to or what size and the truth is that I don't remember ever being under 150, so I don't know what I'll even look like there.But I can't wait to find out. Good luck everyone!!
Littlelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #111  
Gotta Lose it!!

DATE: Jan 11, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Livenlose/Priya

BIRTHDAY: Nov. 7th

MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I live with my mom, dad, grandparents and younger sis.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Paint Shop Pro, graphics, music, t.v., etc.

PETS: None

ATKINS START DATE: Jan 12, 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My mind. ? Lol.. well I saw that people are really statisfied with it.. so I really wanna give it a try, and if it really works well for me.. then hopefully i will never stop this diet.

TOP WEIGHT: 180 pounds

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180 pounds

GOAL WEIGHT: 120 pounds

HEIGHT: 5'4.5

EYE COLOR: Dark Brown

HAIR COLOR: Blackish Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My mom makes great food lol

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Low Carb Diet.. rather than Starving.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I would really like to lose 60 pounds.. or even 50 pounds.. so if u can help me in ne way possible .. do so

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: None yet I guess :]

Last edited by Livenlose; 01-18-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Livenlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #112  

DATE: Jan 17, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: noniesmom

BIRTHDAY: May, 31

MARITAL STATUS: separated

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I am in the process of divorcing my husband, not as bad as you would think! I have three children.....all boys awesome kids!
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: How sad, my kids are my hobbies........maybe I need more??

PETS: My awesome Ratt Terrier Petey

ATKINS START DATE: April 2005 and I lost about 45 lbs and now I just started again and am down about 9 lbs,

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I know it works
TOP WEIGHT: 263 pounds

CURRENT WEIGHT: 231 pounds

GOAL WEIGHT: 135 pounds

HEIGHT: 5'1

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: Brown with Blonde Highlights

OCCUPATION: Special Education Advocate.....very special to me my youngest son has autism
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: California, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: CARBS!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Low Carb Diet.. rather than Starving.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I would love to support and to hear success stories!
WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: All in good time! ;0
noniesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:20 AM   #113  
Susan hockeyfan7

DATE: January 21, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: hockeyfan7/Susan

BIRTHDAY: May 4

MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a wonderful husband, John. It's the 2nd marriage for both of us and we got it right this time. No kids. Our relatives all live back east and we're in Colorado.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sports - specifically hockey

PETS: 2 cats -- Vern and Faith

ATKINS START DATE: May 2001 - down 140 lbs so far

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I can't eat many carbs - I have Celiac disease

TOP WEIGHT: 390 pounds

CURRENT WEIGHT: 250 pounds

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 pounds

HEIGHT: 5'5

HAIR COLOR: Red (I have no idea what my natural color is - haven't seen it in years!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Denver, Colorado, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Making sure I eat enough calories in a day

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm counting them now

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #114  

DATE: Jan 28, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CMorrison64 / Connie Morrison

BIRTHDAY: 11/15/64

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have 2 daughters from my first marriage ... Stefanee Maree is almost 21, a student at the Univ. of Missouri (GO MIZZOU) in Columbia, MO, she also works at a fitness center and is moving in with her "amazing boyfriend Mike"; Brianna Leigh is almost 18, was living here until my husbands daughter ran her out ... anyway she's back in Missouri with her Dad; will be moving back here to Colorado in the spring with her boyfriend John (fiancee) after graduation as they are both going to go to the Art Institute of Colorado. Then there's my stepdaughter Monique ... she's almost 18 and moving back to California as soon as she graduates (not to soon for me) ... enuff said there. Robert is my hubby of 16 years, he's wonderful. He's now 8 months sober (post rehab) and doing great, it's like I have a new hubby.
I enjoy scrapbooking, photography, hiking, fishing, camping, travel, cooking ... I spend a week a year in Laughlin or Vegas with my best friend and one of my sisters ... we have a ball.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, hiking, fishing, camping, avid reader, writer of romance and of poetry, travel, cooking, photography, making beaded jewelry

PETS: 5 yr old golden lab Buster

ATKINS START DATE: Jan 28, 2006 (this time)

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Did it before lost lots of weight, then when hubs went into rehab I kinda quit doing it, quit working out, now I'm 50 lbs heavier than I was.

TOP WEIGHT: NOW ... 270.4

CURRENT WEIGHT: 270.4

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: dark blue

HAIR COLOR: red

OCCUPATION: Unit Secretary at hospital on med/surg/oncology floor

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Denver, CO

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: stress

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I hate the way I look and feel (can't breathe)

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Nope

CMorrison64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan7
DATE: January 21, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: hockeyfan7/Susan

BIRTHDAY: May 4

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a wonderful husband, John. It's the 2nd marriage for both of us and we got it right this time. No kids. Our relatives all live back east and we're in Colorado.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sports - specifically hockey

PETS: 2 cats -- Vern and Faith

ATKINS START DATE: May 2001 - down 140 lbs so far

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I can't eat many carbs - I have Celiac disease

TOP WEIGHT: 390 pounds

CURRENT WEIGHT: 250 pounds

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 pounds

HEIGHT: 5'5

HAIR COLOR: Red (I have no idea what my natural color is - haven't seen it in years!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Denver, Colorado, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Making sure I eat enough calories in a day

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm counting them now

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

HI SUSAN from one Denverite to another!!!
CMorrison64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #116  

DATE: January 28, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LaurAnnHere / Laura

BIRTHDAY: March 5, 1977

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I started dating my husband in 1995 (weighing 140lbs and wearing a size 6) We got married on November 11, 2000. My first living child was born on August 3, 2004. My husband's parents live 7 houses away. I have 2 little sister-in-laws who are like daughters to me. They were even present for Jamie's birth. Brianna is 9. Dynisha is 6.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to sing. I got my scholarship to college for singing. The only one who hears me do it now is my baby. I love to read, write, cook, and take my baby to the park.

PETS: Cats: Nathaniel, Sandy, Layla, Peaches, Snowball, and Oliver. (We're trying to find homes for Peaches & Snowball. We have a soft spot for animals.) We also have a poodle named Tiffany.

ATKINS START DATE: I have done Atkins before. I have been off Atkins for about a year and a half. My new start date was January 25, 2006.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Origionally, I did research about PCOS and learned that low carbing was a treatment option. Atkins was the most famous law carb lifestyle so I bought his book. I've been wanting to get back on the diet for awhile, and my husband and I just decided that now's the time.

TOP WEIGHT: 235

CURRENT WEIGHT: 223

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'5"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tennessee

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Money. Seriously, low carbing is sooo expensive. Working our budget so that we can buy the foods needed is hard. The other challenge is sticking to the diet during the holidays. This is the only time when I am really at risk of cheating. I love the holidays, mostly for the food. Luckily, I've got a year to worry about that again.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: We decided that we would have to work it into our budget. The biggest motivation is my diabetes. It has been really out of control. I want another baby some day and I know I have to do this to have one.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have serious issues about going out in public. I wonder if I'm the only one. I'm so insecure about my appearance that I'd prefer to hide. This makes it really hard to get the exercise I need. Has anyone been through this?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: We had a total of 6 confirmed miscarriages between the time be began fertility treatments in 10/2000 and when we conceived Jamie in 12/2003. I began to read about treatments for PCOS. One treatment that was recommended was a low carb diet. I tried Atkins and had great success. I lost a significant amount of weight. Our 3rd anniversary we found we were pregnant again. I cheated on the diet and had a miscarriage. That cycle we tried again. On 12/22/03 we had a positive home pregnancy test. On 12/23/04 I had my HCG levels checked and they were 136 (defiantely pregnant again). This time I didn't stop the diet when I discovered that I was pregnant. I continued to lose weight during the first part of my pregnancy but my baby was thriving. During my pregnancy I stayed on Lifetime Maintenance. Some people thought I was doing something awful, but I was eating healthier than most women do. I had more veggies than I ever would have gotten off the diet. I believe very strongly that I owe Jamie's life to the Atkins diet.
LaurAnnHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:23 PM   #117  

DATE: January 31, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: drgnfly_d/ Dayna

BIRTHDAY: June 17, 1970

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Divorced mother of 2 boys (11 and 8). I'm the manager of an IT help desk. We support about 150 bookstores nationwide and one liquor store here in town. It is a very interesting job, never a dull day.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Gardening, home improvement projects, reading, sewing ,crafts...Cub Scouts takes most of my time these days.

PETS: Cats: Simon and Callie. Dog: Sysco (shitzu/Poodle)

ATKINS START DATE: January 27, 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I lost 25 pounds on WW 4 years ago but it was more the avoiding carbs than the points. I thought I would give it a go and see if it works and so far it is.

TOP WEIGHT: 183

CURRENT WEIGHT: 175

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'3"

HAIR COLOR: Dark Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Arkansas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Things to go with the meat. I really only eat green beans and broccoli right now. I need to expand my veggies. I also like cheese melted on stuff but can't just eat cheese...don't know what to do.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm doing it because I don't feel good, not to impress my husband or attract men...I want to see what it feels like to be thin and be able to buy clothes and not worry what rolls it will show.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I seem like a very together, independent, strong woman but I really want a man to lean on and be there for me. I'm secretly needy...

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: The first few days were hard. I really fought the urge to go get ice cream, started trying to convince myself that with all the whole cream and eggs in frozen custard it had to be okay but still resisted. I'm definately going to invest in a countertop ice cream freezer so I can make my own low carb frozen treats.
DrgnFly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #118  
Wendy

DATE: 02/01/06 edit date 05/07/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: coffeeaddict / Wendy

BIRTHDAY: 01/17/1974

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): been married this time for almost 3 years have 3 children Nicholas 12 Ashlee 9 and Brayden 7 (last child by my current husband you see I have problems with commiting it took me 4 years to say yes to him)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, watching movies

PETS: Toby a sheltie lab mix

ATKINS START DATE:01/23/06 restart 02/16/07

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:its the only diet I haven't tried and it seems easy

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 210

GOAL WEIGHT: 155

HEIGHT: 5 6

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tennessee

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: exercise and cravings

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't know exactly I just feel different this time usually I get all gung ho about it and it last about 2 weeks to a month but this time its different.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Started back to school online for forensic psychology

Last edited by coffeeaddict; 05-08-2007 at 02:26 AM.
coffeeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #119  
Susan hockeyfan7

Welcome Wendy - I'm in Colorado too - in Denver.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #120  

My name is shirley. I am from Kansas, I have 3 kids and 4 grandkids and 1 dog, Bichon Frise, Sammy. I am starting Atkins because of type 2 diabetes and need to stay low carb. DH has emphysema and is housebound, so it keeps me busy, so I have to stay healthy. I am his legs. I like to read, walk, shop when I can, and go out to lunch with friends. I am retired and helped my Dh with a chemical business he had. He still does consulting over the phone, he is real intelligent, he Just has to watch himself that he does not overdo things and I have to be close at hand even when I go out, that I can reach him in about 10 minutes if I have to and sometimes someone stays with him.
I have gained weight over the years after I quit smoking, but glad I did quit smoking. I weigh about 179 or 180, my scales aren't the best. My goal is 135 to 140 and a size 10. My hair is dyed med brown, and I have green eyes, I am 5'4" tall, large frame. I usually have to get a bigger top than bottom because of wide shoulders.
Thats about it,
Shirley
Shirl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote