Old 08-02-2005, 09:32 PM   #91  
janimarie

Default Justme ibe

DATE: August 2, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Jani

BIRTHDAY: 5/7

MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Sarah 25 Loren 22

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: camping

PETS: Zoe min schnauzer

ATKINS START DATE:Jan 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:structure

TOP WEIGHT: 185

CURRENT WEIGHT: 148

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: reddish brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Monterey Ca

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love to eat !! Almost anything.....well except sardines

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've been on this diet for about a year and a half. Almost reached my goal weight (but everyone said ...eww youre too skinny !! Eat something ! ) once but the last couple of months have been tuffies. Been eating whatever. Well the weight naturally started slipping back on. My clothes no longer fit as well and I'll be darned if i'm resorting to sweats again LOL So back on adkins I go. Doing pretty good but darn I sure could go for some spaghetti ... pancakes.. or ice cream. I know exactly what makes me fat and most of the time its pretty easy sticking to the plan.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:
janimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:57 PM   #92  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

DATE: 9/28/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: tickleyourfancies/Mindy

BIRTHDAY: August 3rd~Leo

MARITAL STATUS: Long term relationship

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I live with my SO, Shawn..and have a wonderful little girl, Zoey, who will be 5 in November

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: surfing the net, reading, shopping, cooking new things

PETS: 1 dog, Hershey...and 5 cats: Momma Kitty, Pebbles, Bandit, Clara, Bella..and 4 newborns.

ATKINS START DATE:9/19/05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I've seen others who have made it work for them..and wanted to give it a try.

TOP WEIGHT: 209

CURRENT WEIGHT:198

GOAL WEIGHT: 130+/-

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR:brown

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: The Sunshine State

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: not having support

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have support, Shawn is doing it as well ..I have cleaned my cabinets..lol

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I want to make this a lifelong commitment..with only the occasional 'cheat'

tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

DATE: 10/3/2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: aovercast/Audrey

BIRTHDAY: 1/18

MARITAL STATUS: Married, three years in November

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a two year old named Gillian and an eight month old named Brenna. Hubby is currently in Army boot camp and I will get to go see him at the end of October for graduation. He told me that if I gained anymore weight while he was gone it wouldn't be good as his job now is to stay in shape. I'm trying to prove him wrong Also, I'm tired of not liking myself.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I really don't have time for hobbies with a toddler and a baby, I guess my hobby used to be eating junk food.

PETS: 1 cat named Boo Cat

ATKINS START DATE: 9-26-05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My parents along with one of my grandmothers has done Atkins in the past and lost significant amounts of weight. They are all in the maintenance phase and have been now since January of 2005.

TOP WEIGHT: 196

CURRENT WEIGHT: 156.5

GOAL WEIGHT: Mini - goal 145, Long term goal 125....maybe if I reach it I may shoot further, but that looks good to me now

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: I just dyed it a really pretty cherry brown color

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kansas City

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: desserts, pasteries, anything bread related.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm 24 years old. I grew up with fat parents and I'm ready to make a life change for myself, my husband, and my kids.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I tend to have a quirky sense of humor

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: None yet as I'm just starting out...btw, can you burn boiled eggs?
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:58 PM   #94  
TemporaryFatChick

Hi, I'm new here, and this seemed like a good place to start, so here goes

DATE: November 2, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tennessee/Stacy

BIRTHDAY: April 30th

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No hubby, no kids

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I like a variety of things, all kinds of music, organic gardening, and I have a small business making and selling soap and toiletries.

PETS: No pets

ATKINS START DATE: October 23, 2005

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My Aunt started Atkins about 15 years ago, after years of yo-yo diets. She went from a size 24 to a 12, and in the years since, she's been able to stay a size 12-14. I went to the Dr. and found out my blood sugar was high. I'm not a diabetic, but I'm afraid it's in my future if I don't get some weight off. I read about a lot of different diets, and Atkins and South Beach seem to address blood sugar issues more directly than others. Besides, there's real food available, I don't have to weigh and measure, and I think I might be able to actually stick to it

TOP WEIGHT: 280

CURRENT WEIGHT: 264

GOAL WEIGHT: Ultimately, I'd like to be under 200

HEIGHT: 5' 11"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown (gray under the dye!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East Tennessee

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Bad habits I guess. I have developed a pretty sedentary life. I have a hard time not cleaning my plate, and I eat the way I was raised eating lots of pasta, potatoes, bread, cheese, fried foods, desserts, and that's the food that I eat by habit. It's also the food that I love

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This time it's all about me, not about feeling pressured or shamed into it or trying to get into a pair of pants for a reunion, etc. I'm not feeling sad or depressed or desperate about my weight, I just want to get some off. I guess the big difference is that I feel ready, and I'm doing it just for me.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm intellegent, funny and kinda silly when the mood strikes, and people seem to like to hang out with me. I love to be outside puttering in the garden, learning new things and getting to know new people.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I'm stunned at how good I feel after just a short time on Atkins. I'm actually energetic enough to go for a walk when I get off work, rather than feeling like I need a nap.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #95  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

DATE: 11-02-05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: bnbsmommy1 / Lacey

BIRTHDAY: 3-17-75

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):
I have two rowdy daughters, 3 and 11 and my husband works in the oilfield

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I'm a crafty type who loves to sew, paint, and do anything that puts off housecleaning for one more day

PETS: 1 rotweiller and 1 cat (both outside animals)

ATKINS START DATE: July 29 '05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My doctor suggested it

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 214

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'9

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: brown/blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oklahoma

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I recently had lumbar surgery so my exercise is limited to walking only, and getting walking in with a 3 year old is not easy.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My mother and aunt were recently diagnosed with diabetes. My grandparents, and THEIR parents had diabetes as well. I refuse to get the horrid disease, therefore it is a must that I lose the weight. I'm tired of my weight affecting my entire life, I've had enough, life is too short to not have fun.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
ummmm I like to eat? HAHAHAHA

I'm just amazed that in three months I've already lost 38 pounds. It's kind of like a dream, I'm afraid to talk about it for fear that it will all come back

Old 11-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #96  

Location: Originally from Los Angeles but have lived in Northern England for over 6 years with my French husband!

Thumbs up

DATE: 11/21/2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sexyshoelady/ Suzi

BIRTHDAY: December 3rd

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Im originally from Los Angeles and my husband is from France and we live in northern England.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Art, music, animal welfare, and keeping OP!!

PETS: Greyhound named Bebe, I rescued him from an abusive home so hes quite a handful.

ATKINS START DATE: 23rd of October 2005

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Because Ive found that I actually gain weight on low fat/ high carb diets like weight watchers, low carb eating is the only thing that has ever worked for me!

TOP WEIGHT: 224 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 208 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: green-blue

HAIR COLOR: punky bright red!

OCCUPATION: Accountant by day, Tattooist on evenings and weekends (Ahh Artistic and brainy!) heehee

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Lancashire England

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Ive been diagnosed with an under active thyroid so weight loss is always a slow up hill struggle.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Ive found a way of eating thats my own, not exactly by the atkins book but it works for me and im losing a steady 1-2 pounds a week and am happy with what im able to eat and dont feel deprived of anything - cant even really remember what bread tasted like anyways!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Im fun, supportive and very open minded!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Dont get into the habit of eating the same things - for the first week on this diet I ate so many boiled eggs i still cant stand to look at them! Be creative and keep your tastebuds on their toes!! (if they had any that is!)
sexyshoelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 356/265/150

Default Liv4rok's Bio

DATE: 11/26/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Liv4rok/Andrea

BIRTHDAY: 05/11/1983

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have one sister, Amanda (28) and her children Jeremy (8) and Jozelle (3)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Atkins (go figure), working, music, animals, my neice and nephew...there's more, but those are the biggest

PETS: My only children...my 6.5 month-old Siberian Husky, Rusty and my orange bengal/tabby, Leo.

ATKINS START DATE:08/15/05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Failed once with it before and decided to give it another shot now that I'm living on my own and can make my own choices and rules....obviously that and my mentality have made a difference this time around.

TOP WEIGHT: 356

CURRENT WEIGHT: 296

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 to start, but I'm short so less in the long run.

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: grey-blue

HAIR COLOR: depends on the season, but currently a golden-brown

OCCUPATION: Office Services Clerk (official title), but I primarily work with and fulfill orders for sales literature for liquid flow meters (water meters mostly)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Port Washington, WI USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: motivation and willpower...usually... This time, it's not the eating that's hard for me, but getting myself to do more than walk the dog is hard to get started even though I know I enjoy it once I get into it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm actually seeing results and since I took starting photos, they are very motivating to keep me from ever going back to that very very unhealthy weight. I was always confident no matter what weight I was, but after hitting 300, it was a horrible feeling. I didn't know what to do when that happened and it took me getting past 350 to really kick myself in the butt and finally start doing something about it. I am under 300 now and I will never go back! Also, I hope that my results will encourage my sister to become more healthy.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a big dork and with the weight loss progress, I'm becoming oddly philosophical... What makes it even worse is that I tend to keep up with these forums late at night so I post tired...it's like driving drunk...it just shouldn't happen

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: ummm for the first time I had to give away newly bought jeans because they were TOO BIG!!! I was upset at first because I bought them and then 3 weeks later they were too big, but then I was more excited because about that time was when I fit into one of my "goal" jeans that were a size smaller. I actually thought that in losing 60lbs, I would've lost more than one size, but I realized that I just wore clothes that were too small before or wore stretchy clothes before so now I'm fitting to the actual size not the stretched size.

Last edited by Liv4rok; 11-26-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Liv4rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:01 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 179.8/169/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi...I am new and back to Atkins...but, still haven't done the 'actual induction' quite yet...I think tomorrow's the day...this is such a hard time of year!! Bear with me!!!

DATE: 12/8/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: SarahL/Sarah

BIRTHDAY: 10/31

MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 children

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafting, golfing, cooking (part of my problem!! lol)

PETS: Diluted Tortie Kittie, Scottish Terrier Puppy

ATKINS START DATE: 12/9 (??) - hopeful!

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: it's the best low carb around

TOP WEIGHT: 144

CURRENT WEIGHT: 140

GOAL WEIGHT: 110

HEIGHT: 5'1"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NE Ohio

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: keeping the good eating habits up...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really want to get to my goal weight, I was within 15lbs and then I got ill...which was a setback..and I gained the weight back (most of it) and I like how I feel as a smaller person. This time I will go all the way.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I like am an extrovert!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have tried all diets and I like low carb the best...!

I hope this helps everyone to get to know me...

-Sarah-
SarahL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:21 PM   #99  
Under construction

What a good idea!

DATE: 12/28/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tipsygypsy / Michelle

BIRTHDAY: January 30th

MARITAL STATUS: That's a complicated one. Married, but polyamorous, so I have "dates" as well. I am assuming this place is immune to morality lectures, but out of deference to the majority view I won't mention the situation often.

FAMILY INFO: I know everyone thinks this, but I feel that the relationship between my husband and me is closer than those of most couples. He is first in my heart, and always will be, no matter who else we happen to spend time with. Kids-wise, I have no children of my own, but three teenage stepmonkeys who are completely and utterly awesome. Luckily, they think the same of me.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Writing fiction, singing, photo retouching

PETS: None

ATKINS START DATE: Today!

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I've done it before, but unfortunately fell off the wagon. This time it's for good, because I remember how great I felt. Avoiding processed carbs really helps my health.

TOP WEIGHT: 238

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: US

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: PMS cravings!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am getting to an age where health is becoming a more serious issue. I have a chronic illness (lupus), so I've really got to start paying more attention or else my life is not only likely to be shortened, but quite a bit more painful than it needs to be.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I guess we'll let that unfold as I get to know y'all better as well!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: None yet; stay tuned.

Last edited by tipsygypsy; 07-27-2006 at 02:13 AM.
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:43 PM   #100  

This is really a good idea!

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tina 527/Tina

BIRTHDAY: May 27

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 17 years to my best friend

FAMILY INFO: I have 3 incredible children, 16, 13 and 22 months.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Staying sane and rdiscovering that the terrible 2's weren't as easy as I talked myself into believing they were the first time around! I am also a full time student.

PETS: 3 cats

ATKINS START DATE: Well, I'm not doing Atkins...I'm Somersizing. I think I'm still in the correct catagory right?

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE Somersizing: I had done this for a while before and I stopped. Now..I'm wondering why I did that? This is the easiest way of eating that I've come across and I'm really starting to feel good.

TOP WEIGHT: 180

CURRENT WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

OCCUPATION: SAHM; outside the house I'm a paralegal and I working on an accounting degree. Ultimately, I'd like to be a bankruptcy paralegal or work with an attorney that specializes in Elder Law.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: NH

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I use food as an emotional crutch. When I'm happy I eat..when I'm sad...Man oh man...this gal can EAT

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've spent my entire life hating myself. I'm working on liking myself and I think it would be cool to like my body also. I'm almost 40 and I wanna feel attractive. ****....I think it would rock to wear a tight pair of Levi's with a cute little top!!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I love to travel, I love Canada (my Mom is from Newfoundland and I have family just about everywhere!), I love my Red Sox and lots of other sports.

I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of people here.
Tina527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #101  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome Tipsy and Tina!!!

Stop into the weekly chats so we can get to know you better. Its where we share life

Tina.....I dont think Ive ever met a person from newfoundland that I didnt like Just something about those east coasters that are genuinely lovable!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #102  
Under construction

Thank ya, Ma'am!
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:38 PM   #103  

Thanks...When do the weekly chats take place?
I'll make sure to swing on by.
Tina527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:20 PM   #104  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

scroll down the forum a bit, you will see the thread with this week's date. pop in and say hi.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:24 AM   #105  

DATE: 4th Jan 06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Glitzie / Jennie

BIRTHDAY: 21 April 69

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Make up, exercise

PETS: One dog and a beauty she is too "Gem"

ATKINS START DATE:march 05

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Done it previously and it worked.

TOP WEIGHT: 270lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 220

GOAL WEIGHT: no idea, I'll stop when it feels right

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown, with a purple/pink streak

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Swansea, UK

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have a barely functioning pancreas which slows down my weight loss considerably

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Because I want it more than anything
Glitzie is offline   Reply With Quote