Old 03-23-2004, 11:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

DATE: 3/23/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LoriAS/Lori

BIRTHDAY: Dec 2

MARITAL STATUS: Married (12 Years in June!)

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 sons, 8 and 6 (handful!)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, drama, computer

PETS: 1 dog

ATKINS START DATE: 10-24-03

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Nothing else worked that didn't come in a bottle!

TOP WEIGHT: 198

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brown with heavy highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I'm not sure. I think it is that I get bored and I eat.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I believe I have to make a lifestyle change in the exercise area. I have to do something every day to "get me going". Otherwise, I will sit on my behind untill suddenly I realize it's time to get ready for bed!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My biggest problem at the moment is I've hit my first ever REAL stall. I'm posting this here (finally), because I was looking back and there are some of you who have made some great progress. So, I guess this is kind of a motivational tool for later on when the stall is gone!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: The most recent and most profound is get used to the exercise and try to come up with a plan for life. I've been taken off running and aerobics for 1 1/2 weeks and I believe that has caused me to stall. Which would be ok, if I was in maintenance. But I believe it would be disastrous if I was doing NOTHING. I'm still biking, walking and just generally moving even when I don't want to! I believe even thought I"m sticking to plan if I was not MOVING at all I would be GAINING and not just stalled!

I've been around the boards for a while...just never posted here. I'm glad I didn't though, because as I said above I looked back through the posts. (Just to make sure I hadn't posted.) And it was a great motivator!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:14 PM   #47  
Erica

DATE: 3/24/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Ericad/Erica

BIRTHDAY: 29 Mar 1976

MARITAL STATUS: married 7 1/2 yrs

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Hubby is doing the college thing right now. We have a 3 yr old daughter.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, riding horseback, fishing, camping anyhting outdoors

PETS: Dog, Horse

ATKINS START DATE: I'm new at this, just started 3/22/04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Nothing else is working

TOP WEIGHT: 210

CURRENT WEIGHT: 189

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: dark blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: mountains/desert idaho

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: just getting started

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm so tired of being overweight and out of shape

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm really shy and quiet

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:
Ericad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:12 PM   #48  

DATE: April 10, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Frodo/Kelsey

BIRTHDAY: Sept 10, 84

MARITAL STATUS: Single

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: DJ, Hockey, Cars

PETS: none

ATKINS START DATE: April 2 04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Quick results ( have heard )

TOP WEIGHT: 285

CURRENT WEIGHT: 280

GOAL WEIGHT: 200

HEIGHT: 6'2

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dirty blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Vancouver, Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Need a guided direction

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Will find direction

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? nope
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #49  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

DATE: 11th April 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: RavenL33/Krystal

BIRTHDAY: June 18, 1982

MARITAL STATUS: Might as well be married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Great hulking Brazilian boyfriend, lovely nanna 10 mins drive away

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music, movies (I'm a bit of a buff), my 'puter, vintage pinups

PETS: nil, but my flatmate has neon tetras (freshwater tropical fish) that I sometimes have to feed

ATKINS START DATE: April Fools!

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I'd been intruiged by the whole no carbs concept...and seeing the success of the ladies on this board, I was inspired!

TOP WEIGHT: 262

CURRENT WEIGHT:258

GOAL WEIGHT: 170 (can't wait to be back in onederland!)

HEIGHT: 5'9" and a bit

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: Raven brown....duh

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Sydney, New South Wales

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Getting bored, and not getting off my can and exercising!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I really want it this time.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?: Not particularly

RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:56 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

DATE: April 11, 2204

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Michelle

BIRTHDAY: November 27

MARITAL STATUS: Married 1.5 years

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):
2 children both girls named Taylor 2 and Teagan 6 Mos

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Computers, children, art, photography

PETS: 1 dog Jaxxie

ATKINS START DATE: April 8, 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I was told it was good for people with Hypothyroidism

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 243

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Montana

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My hypothyroidism caused me to put on alot of weight and now its hard to take it off

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Well actually is the first time I really dieted but I am quite determined I want to be able to be more active with my children.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Hmmmmmm Im thinking on this one lol

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Well so far so good on plan for me I've lost 7lbs in 4 days and I havent cheated once
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:50 PM   #51  
Look at me go ;)

DATE: 04/28/2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Cinnymamma / Randi

BIRTHDAY: 11/06/1980

MARITAL STATUS: Long term relationship

FAMILY INFO : I have one gorgeous 2 year old little boy named Eric

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, spending time with family, yoga, meditation, fishies, crocheting, cooking, hiking (now ), walking (now ), relaxing, scrapbooking.

PETS: 2 little goldfish, called fishie and fishie

ATKINS START DATE: April 19, 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I agree with this WOE. I think it's healthy and natural.

TOP WEIGHT: 240

CURRENT WEIGHT: 235

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-160

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Brownish

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: FOOD!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am motivated, determined and very supported!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Hmmm, I'm funny, a bit of a smart butt , and a great and loyal friend.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I am not sure what experiences I can share, but I do know that I can offer friendship, advice and lots of support and love, needed or not.

Last edited by Cinnymamma; 04-28-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:41 PM   #52  

Default Atkin's Bio

DATE: May 8, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Hotty/Suzanne

BIRTHDAY: November 29

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Husband Dave, married almost 10 years, two step children, one granddaughter and one grandson on the way!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Yoga, working out, music

PETS: Three dogs, all corgis, two females-Sydney and Noel, one rambuctous male-Spike

ATKINS START DATE:Jan. 1st 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:I saw several people lose weight last year while I stuck to my low fat diet that I have been doing for the last 20 years and I thought "Why am I doing this when it's not working?"

TOP WEIGHT: 191

CURRENT WEIGHT: 175

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

EYE COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My biggest problem was doing the lowfat diet for 20 years and thinking that I was failing because of me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have to keep ignoring all the naysayers who keep telling me how bad Atkins is, how I won't be able to keep the weight off, that's why I came here for support.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to exercise, I feel great on the Atkins, I like what I am eating and I am excited about the fact that I have lost 16 pounds since the 1st of March. Last year I lost 10 pounds in 12 months. You do the math!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Pay attention to the hidden carbs in food, I got fooled by all the lo carb foods and didn't lose any weight in Jan. and Feb. But I didn't get discouraged, I talked to people who were losing weight, read all the information on this web site and figured out what I had to do to lose weight. It's been working and I am thrilled. For me the sugar alcohols are the same as sugar so I can't eat any food with sugar alcohol and still lose weight.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:10 PM   #53  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Smile

DATE: 5/25/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bunnababy/Sue

BIRTHDAY: 8/29

MARITAL STATUS: M

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Married for 36 years, 2 grown boys, 5 grandchildren, one little angel in heaven, one foster son

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: animals, used to show dogs but now am more interested in rescue work, therapy dog training, and agility training, reading, cooking, spending time with grandkids

PETS: six dogs, eight cats, four rats, 10 fish, don't think I forgot anyone

ATKINS START DATE: 5/25/04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I did Atkins for a while last year, lost about 30 lbs. gained it all back when I quit. Started feeling deprived and since discovered the deprivation had nothing to do with food so been working on my compulsive overeating. I realized while working on the overeating that Atkins was the best program for me and that it is an act of self love to eat right for me.

TOP WEIGHT: 275

CURRENT WEIGHT: that is it 275

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'9"

HAIR COLOR: brunette

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oregon

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: feeling I am worth the effort, so I start binge eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have been working on feeling better about myself in other areas and I now am not using food to bury old feelings that surface, I am learning to deal with those feelings or live with them rather than immediately seeking relief.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I suffer from fibromyalgia

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Diet related not much except that calorie counting and severe deprivation do not work for me. I like the freedom that low carb eating gives. What other plan can I have dessert guilt free?
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:17 PM   #54  
silly little creature

DATE: 6-1-04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ellisdeekat/Jill

BIRTHDAY: April 6, 1978

MARITAL STATUS: 100% single, left a guy behind in NC

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I recently moved to South Dakota, where everybody in my family is because my mom was recently diagnosed with brain cancer.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: punk/metal music, surfing, reading, drawing

PETS: one punk cat, JD.

ATKINS START DATE: May 29, 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: all of the success stories I've heard

TOP WEIGHT: 135

CURRENT WEIGHT: 132

GOAL WEIGHT: 110

HEIGHT: 5 feet

HAIR COLOR: blonde

OCCUPATION: Human resources representative and bartender/server

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Sioux Falls, South Dakota

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: drinking and partying. I love beer, and so do all of my friends.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I moved away from all of my frineds that I go out with all the time

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I've lived all over the place, PA, CA, FL, VA, NC, and now SD. I'm very lonely here.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I love to excercise- I even used to work at a gym. I'm a great motivater, and love to help people out.
ellisdeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:57 PM   #55  

Default Just Starting

Just wanted to say that i love this message board you are all so supportive.

DATE: 6-9-04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: KATIE

BIRTHDAY: June 19th 1972

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a Wonderful 6 year old son and an Great and supportive Husband.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: beach and fishing

PETS: cat

ATKINS START DATE:6-7-04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I really need to Take my weight seriously. My mom died from a massive Heart attack and I am a spitting image of her.

TOP WEIGHT: 230.5

CURRENT WEIGHT:230.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blinde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Jersey

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love carbs I love food my husband and myself are both chefs.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I dont want to be my Mom
katieb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:40 PM   #56  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hi, I'm new here and I was pleased to find this site.

DATE: June 10

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Seashell / Shelley

BIRTHDAY: February

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have 2 great kids, he's 11, she's almost 6. I've been divorced for 4 years and haven't dated since. Im getting pretty lonely!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
Hiking, boating, music and my kiddos!

PETS: 1 dog, 3 cats puppy comming for my daugher's 6th birthday!

ATKINS START DATE: June 7, 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My mom and my brother have lost a ton of weight in a short time.

TOP WEIGHT: 280

CURRENT WEIGHT: 276

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'10

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Light brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: CT

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love to eat. Carbs are my down fall. Bread, potatos, rice, chippy things . . .

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be the mom my kids deserve (and it wouldn't hurt to have a date once in a while)

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I've lived on 30 grams of fat or less for a few years, and it just made me fatter. I give up! Sorry Susan, I did love reading your books!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHAREhe lowest point of my life was taking my kids to the amusement part and finding out that I didn't fit on the rides. It was embarassing yes, but disappointing my kids was beyond hurtful.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:28 AM   #57  
Low Carber

DATE: 6/29/2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: MoonlightMaiden/Anne

BIRTHDAY: October 17th (Libra)

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No children

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Traveling, cooking, sports, music, movies, computers, animals

PETS: A couple of parakeets

ATKINS START DATE: 6/15/2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I have tried every other sensible alternative (short of severe starvation) and nothing has worked

TOP WEIGHT: 157

CURRENT WEIGHT: 152

GOAL WEIGHT: 125 (or less)

HEIGHT: 5'1"

EYE COLOR: Green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New Jersey, have lived in the UK on and off for a few years

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Metabolic resistance

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have hopefully found the type of diet that can work despite my metabolic problems.
moonlightmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:13 PM   #58  
Fat Smasher

DATE: June 30, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: PoohBearGS/Mary

BIRTHDAY: 4/29/76

MARITAL STATUS: Single, but have been with my BF for a little over four years.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): BF has two sons who are 10 and 11

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, scrapbooking, rubber stamping, movies, baseball, and football

PETS: Basset hound named Marti who is 9 y/o and blind from glaucoma, as well as a cat named Dan the Man (AKA Mr. Fatso)

ATKINS START DATE: Started eating LC 1/2/04, but switched to Atkins on 6/1/04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: It just made sense when I read about it.

TOP WEIGHT: 221

CURRENT WEIGHT: 204

GOAL WEIGHT: 158

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown

OCCUPATION: work for local Girl Scout council and also nursing student

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Lehigh Valley, PA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Emotional eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Atkins works!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Nope...not yet!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Not much excitement in life...but I would say this...EAT YOUR VEGGIES AND DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!
PoohBearGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:45 AM   #59  

DATE: Today is July 25, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: My user name is: jun keater (junk eater!) and my real name is MelindaAGE: 42

BIRTHDAY: August 12, 1961

MARITAL STATUS: Married to Glenn for 24 years!
FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have three beautiful girls. Gina is 21, Robin is almost 19, and Carla is 17.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love playing on the computer, and spend way too much time doing so. I enjoy going to the gym. My hobby would be my pets.

PETS: I have turtles! 3 Red Earred Sliders, 1 Diamondback Terrapin, 1 Painted, 2 Eastern Box turtles, 1 Three Toed Box turtle, and an Hermanns Tortoise
I have Dachshunds! Maggie, Liberty Denise, Willy & DD

ATKINS START DATE: I honestly don't remember when I started.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Because I am overweight silly..... Later I found out that Atkins/low carb was an excellent plan to follow if you have PCOS, which I do.

TOP WEIGHT: 224.5

CURRENT WEIGHT: 184

GOAL WEIGHT: 135
HEIGHT: 5'3

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: brown

OCCUPATION: I work as the Childcare Director in the Childcare Department at the gym that I go to. I work 4 mornings a week, get paid - plus I get a free family membership and free tanning (which I don't use!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: I live in the state with all the Great Lakes and it looks like a mitten! It's MICHIGAN!!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing it fast enough.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My sweet Mother passed away.... I promised her I would lose weight and get myself healthy, and that is my plan.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I have been dragging home stray & wounded animals for as long as I can remember - I used to hatch, raise & release wild Mallard ducks - every stray dog seems to find my backyard. I am the youngest of 5 girls but I only will admit to 4 - there is one that doesn't speak to the family. My father is a carpenter (now retired), and my Mom is gone now. My house is always a wreck - it is decorated in "early American Salvation Army". My philosophy is: if it works, then it's good enough for me..... I have the horrible habit of nail biting - I know, it's disgusting..... My favorite color is purple, with red following closely behind. My most favorite movie of all time is The Shawshank Redemption. I have watched it at least 20 times, no joking. If you haven't seen it, rent it. Better yet, buy it because you will love it. My second favorite is Nothing to Lose - very funny stuff! I have an ongoing collection of turtle stuff (not cutsie though) and Dachshunds.My favorite food is Chinese - sweet and sour chicken. I love Swedish fish and any candy that is sour - My favorite flavor of candy is "red". I enjoy playing Yahoo Towers & own a Gameboy Advance SP - I think I am getting carpal tunnel!! I think everything is a joke, and laugh at anything remotely funny. My husband & I enjoy going to car shows - we have a 1984 Firebird with 1200 original miles on it (in storage). We also have a 1987 Firebird, a 1953 Chevy Pickup (I got it for my husband for Christmas 2002). He is restoring a 1937 Chevy truck. My main transportation is my Yukon that replaced the Sonoma that was totaled by me & another truck in 2001. About the accident - it was a horrible time in my life but a true eye opener. I broke an arm & leg and had to use a walker - and go through therapy. Someday when I get up the nerve, I will have all the hardware removed. My husband & I are closer than ever since then - we both realized just how fast things could be over. I love snow storms - the kind that shuts everything down and we can't go anywhere. My favorite tv shows are Golden Girls, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, The Simpsons & South Park. My favorite book is Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer & the Harry Potter books. I love "gadgets" of any kind. My pet peeves: I hate newspapers on the floor & women who call everyone honey or sweetie.
jun keater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #60  

Smile

DATE: 8/2/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: azmomma/ Danielle

BIRTHDAY: 9/2

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):
DS-11, DD-10, DD-8

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, movies, trying new recipes, playing with my kids

PETS: I want a dog- BAD

ATKINS START DATE: 7/24/04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: it is the only plan that I feel completely satisfied with-- no hunger, no cravings. After doing 8 months on SlimFast (lost 75+ lbs. only to regain all of it..) this is wonderful. Nice to go to bed and not dream about food anymore!!

TOP WEIGHT: 240

CURRENT WEIGHT: 194

GOAL WEIGHT: 150--First stop. Eventually would like to get to 125-130

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

OCCUPATION: SAHM--translated into cook,nurse,accountant,laundry expert, psychologist, cheerleader, janitor.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Scottsdale, Arizona

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My lack of self-esteem. To actually believe that I deserve to be thin & healthy. It always seems so unatainable before now. This time I KNOW I will do it, I've found a healthy lifestyle I can live with forever.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The completeness of this plan. I'm eating healthier now than I ever have before. My mental state is alot better, I've learned to start putting myself first.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? ???

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: As far as Atkins is concerned. I've had to learn that we are all different. No two of us are the same, therefore our losses/gains will never be equal. In the past I always compared myself to others and when I felt like I was coming up short, I gave up and went back to eating and punishing myself because I felt like a failure. I've also learned that not every one person needs to do "Atkins" exactly like it's written. I believe whole heartedly that Dr. A. gave us some wonderful guidelines to adhere to to getting us in a wonderful healthy place, but that there comes a time when we must tweak it to make it unique to our own bodies in order to achieve our goals and success. I've left another board that completely believed that if you didn't follow the way it was written in the book word for word you were not doing Aktins. I don't believe that this is any way to live so I left. That, to me is not a lifestyle change. Someone told me once, "don't ever do anything on a "diet" that you don't intend on doing for the rest of your life". This has stuck with me these last 3 months and I believe has gotten me past hurdles or days when I was questioning my committment to this WOL. Everyone is different!
azmomma is offline   Reply With Quote