3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Low Carb Bio's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/32297-low-carb-bios.html)

peachy_kidd 05-30-2006 09:38 PM

HI. I'm new here. Just wanted to post my info.

DATE: May 30, 06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Peachy_kidd/ Sandra

BIRTHDAY: Feb 25

MARITAL STATUS: Married (five years)

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have one wonderful daughter (age 2)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, surfing the net

PETS: A purple Beta name Pink Yellow (my daughters fish)

ATKINS START DATE: April 7, 06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My boss has had a lot of success. The girl I used to work with wanted to do it with me.

TOP WEIGHT: 180

CURRENT WEIGHT: 161

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

HEIGHT: 5ft4.5in

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: light brown, right now

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mountain West

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: snacking

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am having a tummy tuck in a month (June 29th). I have to stay on Atkins once that is done.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have no support here at home, so I'm hoping I can relay on everyone here for that support.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I'm just starting out, but i've learned don't cheat once, cuz it is hard to get back on.

slimagain 07-30-2006 09:37 PM

DATE:07/30/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME:Slimagain/Leah

BIRTHDAY:1955

MARITAL STATUS:Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):4 children/4 granddaughters

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Gardening, reading, scrapbooking

PETS:none

ATKINS START DATE: restart 07/17/2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I Love meat

TOP WEIGHT:270

CURRENT WEIGHT:257

GOAL WEIGHT:135

HEIGHT:5'3"

EYE COLOR:Green

HAIR COLOR:Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Minnesota

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I start to lose weight and its like I am afraid to lose too much so I sabotage myself!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am determined to overcome my insecurities and become the thin person I know is in there.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am a smart inteligent woman who can do many things when I put my mind to it. My mother taught me there is always a way you just have to find it.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Getting back on the horse is harder than falling off!!!

TiffyTaffy 08-12-2006 03:25 PM

DATE: 08/12/2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: TiffyTaffy/Tiffany

BIRTHDAY: August 14, 1985

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS: 2 cats:kiwi and chewbacca,2 hampsters: oscar and felix:1 dog:domino

ATKINS START DATE:August 12, 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:My husbad had done it when I first met him and he had lost 50 lbs on it and he had encourged me to try it

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 228

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'8

HAIR COLOR: black,pink,purple

OCCUPATION: stay at home wife...once I get in shape I'm joing teh USAF!!!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:Eating foods I shouldn't.Everytime I try a diet I always seem to cheat :(

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have never been this heavy before and I know I need to lose this weight not only to be healthier but to achieve my goal in joining the USAF

Brandy1324 08-21-2006 06:48 PM

DATE: Aug. 21, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Brandy1324/Brandy

BIRTHDAY: Sept. 7, 1976

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have two kids, Brittany Cheyenne and Jace Tyler

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Country Music, Swimming

PETS:3 Dachshunds; Scrappy, Zoey and Peanut

ATKINS START DATE:Aug. 21, 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:I don't know really, I like to eat meat, i guess.

TOP WEIGHT: 284

CURRENT WEIGHT: 281.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5'5

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Reddish Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sweets, Sweets, Sweets and Sodas

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My health and being Healthy for my kids

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm very shy, I have a hard time opening up to people even online...

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: That people who you thought loved you can interfer with your sucess on losing weight....

Arkansas Kel 10-10-2006 12:21 PM

DATE: 10-10-06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Arkansas Kel

BIRTHDAY: Sometime in August - my husband doens't know it either

MARITAL STATUS: Married - chose an older man - chose to be a "princess"

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): DINKS with dogs

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: My adorable dogs, beginner gardener, reading (everything, literally), my ongoing continued medical education, cooking, shopping, classic european cars.

PETS: One spoiled boy dog and a goofy girl dog

ATKINS START DATE: today, but it's one of several attempts

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Has worked well for me, just got to get more stick-to-it-ness.

TOP WEIGHT: 235

CURRENT WEIGHT: 233.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 125 (doesn't that sound tiny!)

HEIGHT: 5ft 3inches

HAIR COLOR: red/brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: arkansas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: time constraints - and lack of energy

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: As I'm getting older my joints are falling apart - it's time to change or give in to the painkiller future and diabetic future.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Have a sharp and often morbid sense of humor - am more of a dark person - not negative, just not a sunshine and rainbows girl. I'm into being tough, strong, and sexy. I admire tough fit women and movie characters.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Nothing is perfect for everybody, otherwise we'd all be clones. I just believe you can't give up without trying your hardest, and again, and again, and again. We're all works in progress.

lrgnlvly 10-23-2006 03:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

I got this idea from another board (thank you!) and thought it would be cool for us to get to know each other a little better.

Everyone just copy and paste the following into a reply:

DATE: October 23, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: lrgnlvly/Jo

BIRTHDAY: December

MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): married for 14 yrs with 3 daughters (18, 10 and 8)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Literati, Scrabble, Sudoku and board games with hubby and daughters

PETS: none

ATKINS START DATE: Started again today 10/23/2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: It was the only thing that worked for me in the past. And I am a big meat eater.

TOP WEIGHT: 264

CURRENT WEIGHT: 263

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Washington State

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My health is my biggest motivator. As I continue to get older I am having more and more health problems, osteo-arthritis in my kness, and now lower back pain.

GLgirl 10-25-2006 08:41 PM

DATE: 10/25/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: GLgirl/Kristen

BIRTHDAY: Oct 2nd

MARITAL STATUS: in a relationship (8 years)

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):I have a wonderful boyfriend of 8 years, no children (yet), our baby is our chihuaha, Rascal:)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:music, boating, canoeing, hiking, biking

PETS: 1 dog 2 cats

ATKINS START DATE:10/23/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Well, I tried it a couple of years ago and i lost 65 pounds. I didn't go on with OWL phase, and went back to my regular unhealthy eating habits. Luckily, I've only gained back 20 pounds of it because I started biking as much as i can, along with hiking on the trails around here. This time, I want to get to my goal weight, and follow all of the phases of Atkins. I want to do this the right way this time. I chose atkins because I do feel better when i cut down on the bad carbs, and I've had good results with it in the past.

TOP WEIGHT:225

CURRENT WEIGHT:180

GOAL WEIGHT:135/140

HEIGHT:5'9

EYE COLOR:brown

HAIR COLOR:auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Iowa

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: choosing the right foods to eat and getting in enough exercise

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: this time i'm not going to make excuses and sabotage myself

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?That's about it! I'm just ready to loose this weight

ChristineC68 11-18-2006 04:26 PM

I am new here and figured this is a great place to start!

DATE: 11-18-06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ChristineC68/Christine

BIRTHDAY: 10/08/68

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 4 years to Don

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): No kids, just a DH and a cat.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, watching bad reality tv :o and surfing the web.

PETS: a cat named Bobcat

ATKINS START DATE: 11-20-06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: As far as diets go, it's not that terrible. I am intolerable doing something low fat.:o

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 206

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New York City

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Laziness -- it's easier to not go to the gym. it's easier to pick up a sandwich then to plan and prepare a meal.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am tired of this battle -- it's beyond vanity and crossing into more serious health issues.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am anxious to get this weight off. I am a great cheerleader. I hate to exercise and will do everything I can to make it a part of my life.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I LC'd before and the only thing that comes to mind is plan, plan, and plan. Making the right choice is empowering and gives you that little boost to keep going.

BellaLucia 11-22-2006 09:36 PM

DATE: 11-18-06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: FoodObsessed/Okie

BIRTHDAY: 7/9/83

MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 parents and 2 sisters

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, watching tv/movies, especially soaps, music and surfing the web.

PETS: Afraid of all animals except birds. None

ATKINS START DATE: N/A, I'm doing South Beach which is also low-carb

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: See above. I had success with it

TOP WEIGHT: 298

Starting Weight: 292

CURRENT WEIGHT: 281

GOAL WEIGHT: 114

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: We going back back back to Cali, Cali, Cali

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Food

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am dead serious about losing weight for the LAST and FINAL time.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am anxious to get this weight off.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Walking, dancing and eating right gets the job done

aud 11-27-2006 11:42 PM

DATE: 11/27/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: aud/audrey

BIRTHDAY: Capricorn! :)

MARITAL STATUS: M

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Married for 10 - together 16 years. To my detriment, Hub is a chubby lover.:( Two daughters: 20 & 9 (yeah, I know - strange breeding cycle!:o

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Politics, Reading true crime, SURVIVOR!, Pedometer Walking, Cooking & Food, NFL

PETS: Aged Mini-Schnauzer Gretel/shopping for a puppy for 9 yr olds Xmas

ATKINS START DATE: This time: 11/18 -

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I know from past experience that this way of eating/life WORKS and I feel great while doing it. Not getting any younger, but seem to be getting waaaaay heavier on anything else!

TOP WEIGHT: 247

CURRENT WEIGHT: 239

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 or lower

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Soon to be "Light Auburn" - I'm dyeing it tonight!:D

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Midwest

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Overeating/Emotional Eating/Hormonal Eating/No Longer Producing Hormone Eating/Portions

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I had an epiphany

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I LOVE beer.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I've tried a lot of "diets" - low carb lifestyle is the only way I have not felt deprived and also was successful.

1st ETA January 07: searched thru here for my former measurements - gonna post them in here this time:

2nd ETA October 07: latest measure in bold

Bust: 48 . . . . . 44
Waist: 45 . . . . . 40
Hips: 53 . . . . . . 47
R. Upper Arm: 14.5 . . . . . 12
R. Upper Leg: 25.5 . . . . . . 22

Clancy 12-21-2006 03:41 PM

DATE: December 21, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Clancy/Karen

BIRTHDAY: 11/16/64

MARITAL STATUS: Happily married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Been married for 18 years and have a 10 year old son.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I've been playing the piano for 4 years!

PETS: Great Pyrenees: Beauty, Black Lab: Rascal, Schnoodle: Puddin', 2 cats: Gilligan and Chipper, 12 chickens, 5 goats, too!

ATKINS START DATE: Actually Protein Power, started 12/20

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Everything else seems to have stopped working.

TOP WEIGHT: 226

CURRENT WEIGHT: 163 via low fat/low calorie (up from 130lbs!)

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'5"

HAIR COLOR: dark blond

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeastern USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Tempted by sweets

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: don't know

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Can't think of anything

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I lost 96 pounds in 2001-2002. Weighed 130, but have regained 33 pounds in the last year or so. I want to weigh 140.

nonamortica 01-06-2007 01:50 PM

Well since I have just jumped in, I guess I had better introduce myself:D

DATE: 1/6/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: nonamortica/Nona

BIRTHDAY: May 20th

MARITAL STATUS: Widowed

FAMILY INFO: Have two grown boys, 26 and 22, who are my pride and joy.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Main one is Middle Eastern Dance, but also enjoy needlework. Have recently attempted to teach myself to speak Cherokee, but it's difficult when you have no one to speak it to.:halffull: I figure it's good exercize for the old brain cells, though.

PETS: My cat Pandora aka Pandy Cat aka The Brat

ATKINS START DATE: originally Jan of 1996, recently, Jan of this year.

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Was hypoglycemic as a child, did not eat bread for two years, so it was kind of second nature in some ways and I knew it worked.

TOP WEIGHT: 196

CURRENT WEIGHT: 168

GOAL WEIGHT: 140 (may lower that to 135 if it appears to be appropriate later)

HEIGHT: 5'1"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: from the bottle dark red, I am letting it grow out, so it will be dark dark almost black brown and some grey.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: waiting out the plateaus without getting frustrated and just blowing it. Also some chronic health problems that seem to act up.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Hopefully that I am opening up to some support here instead of going it on my own.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I dance with P.U.R.E. DC.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE One's perspective can change everything.

Nona

jokemo 01-11-2007 09:02 PM

DATE: 1/11/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: jokemo/Kelly

BIRTHDAY: Feb 3rd

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a beautiful 2-yr old daughter whose name is Morganna (Anna for short). My husband is wonderful, even if I think he is a bit ******ed at times.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: MMORPGs, the internet, sleeping (lord knows I don't get enough!), music, and tattoos

PETS: 1 cat, Sam

ATKINS START DATE: 1/6/07

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: It worked for me before in 2003. I lost 38 pounds, and then I got pregnant. So of course, I gained it all back and then some. I am a carb-addict if there ever was one. This really works for me.

TOP WEIGHT: 258

CURRENT WEIGHT: 222

GOAL WEIGHT: 159

HEIGHT: 5'7"

HAIR COLOR: right now it is auburn, but I'm naturally blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Carolina

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Cheating on a diet

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am very determined to look good in that dress for my sister's wedding this summer.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?: I love medieval stuff...anything about it.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Low-carb works if you stick to it!

MOCHA155 02-18-2007 11:00 AM

About Me....

Hi Everyone...Here is a little about me! :)

DATE: 02/18/07

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Mocha155/Kimberly

BIRTHDAY: 07/09/1973

MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have 3 children and a cat

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am pretty focused on completing my Master's degree. Other then that I am interested in travel, movies, art, and a bunch of other stuff...always open to new experiences

PETS: Already covered...1 cat...but I also work at t shelter and I have puppy love daily

ATKINS START DATE: 1st time 1/23/05 This time...2/18/07

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:I have done it before and lost over 40 pounds...

TOP WEIGHT: 240

CURRENT WEIGHT: 222

GOAL WEIGHT: 155...or until I feel healthy

HEIGHT: 5'1

EYE COLOR: brown/blue

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ft. Collins, CO

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating reguarly...I often get so caught up in life that I don't eat or just grab something quick.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am doing for me and not to spite someone else.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I believe that laughter cleanses the soul...

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:

Kayakgirlygirl 03-18-2007 10:04 PM

Hi everyone!

Today is my first day posting at 3fatchicks...and it looks like a great place!

Here's a little about me!

DATE: 03/18/07

USERNAME: Kayakgirlygirl AKA Shelly

BIRTHDAY: 07/31/61

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): 2 GREAT teenage kids (boy 19, girl 17 yrs old), a furkid (humm, about 6 yrs old) and my hubby!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I LOVE outdoor activities, my latest fav is kayaking...but I love hiking and traveling!

PETS: 1 cat

ATKINS START DATE: April 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I love the ability to control my cravings, it's the best!

TOP WEIGHT: 275ish...I'm not sure exactly, but I know what I weighed in certain pictures and I have pictures where I'm heavier..make sense? :)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 249

GOAL WEIGHT: 165 to 175

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Bloue

HAIR COLOR: Reddish brown with blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Washington (state)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not paying attention and getting sloppy with my menu and what I "tell" myself I can have.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've learned every time from myself everytime I've fallen/gained/stalled...so I have a lot of experience now :) I guess the difference this time is my attitude and I hope dedication to make this a way of life!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I love to joke and love to laugh!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I think the biggest thing experience I've had with low carb eating and Atkins would be this: plan your meals, "just one bite" is the kiss of death, be prepared for normal days and have an emergency goodie bag with legal foods!