Old 04-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

Default New here!

DATE: April 8th, 06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sandi D, SD1136,
Sandi is my real name!

BIRTHDAY: 2/12/56

MARITAL STATUS: Widowed way too long! I still miss him!

FAMILY INFO 3 boys, Jeff 25, Jess 15, Jace 12, 3 dogs, 2 parrotlets and 1 hedgehog

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Computer, reading, crafts

ATKINS START DATE: 1/07/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:
I am Celiac and allergic to many fruits, so Atkins seems the way to stick to my glutton free diet and a diet.

TOP WEIGHT: 335

CURRENT WEIGHT: 309

GOAL WEIGHT: I told my Dr. 150 she said it should be 180ish but ether way i have a long way to go

HEIGHT: 5'6

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: Gray with brown mixed in

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: The Big Apple _ NY

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
I am an emotional/Stressed eater. I have to learn to handle my emotions better.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I was in the hospital for a blood clot to my lungs Jan. 05 and I was worried the whole time if I would fit in the wheel chair, machines etc. I just turned 50 this year and I want to turn my life around. I have bad knees so things have to be taken slowly

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am going to succeed at this time, all my life I started anything and never finished, this time I will.
And I hope I can help others while I am at it.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Not sure, But I am willing to find out lol!
Looking forward to talking to everyone
sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #137  

Welcome Sandi.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

Thanks Jackie
Sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

DATE: April 14, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: needtolose4me2 / Margaret

BIRTHDAY: June 30, 1963

MARITAL STATUS: Married happily 14 years!

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Have a great supportive husband and 3 wonderful girls ages 9, 7, and 6. They have all become low carb pros and reallyhelp me out and are beginning toeat healthier too!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: E Bay, scrap booking, reading, just added walking and bike riding!

PETS: Cat named Mr. Mickey 2 goldfish, Chip and Dip

ATKINS START DATE: 3/30/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Many people I know did great. wanted to get a good jump start to lose those first pounds. can't stand to weigh and measure and count everything. THis is pretty simple. Down side - I'm a partial vegetarian, only eat chicken, turkey and fish so I'm pretty limited with food. Which is one of the reasons I'm fat to begin with. SInce I don't eat meat I'd skip dinner and have extra dessert!

TOP WEIGHT: 201

CURRENT WEIGHT: 183 Starting weight for this diet was 194

GOAL WEIGHT: Just don't want to have to watch the nurse move the big clunky weight thing on the scale up to the 150 mark! (with a few pound to spare so I figure about 147

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: Reddish brown (this week)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Delaware

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I hate to deprive myself of anything. And while they say on a good diet you shouldn't have to deprive yourself, I haven't found one to let you have a big piece of chocolate cake !

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've had it with myself. I am one of those weird ones who carry most of their weight above my waist. (I long for big hips) Instead I have abig bust and carry a lot of weight on my back (literally!) I can't find clothes to fit and another summer is coming along! Also, I have NO energy and my kids are always wanting to do something outside with me. Lastly, I want to be healthy and not referred to as "obese".

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have been somewhat overweight my whole life and have no desire to be "thin" just healthy. I need tohave a tummy tuck (after 3 c sections in 4 years and my babies weighing 10, 11 and 12 lbs! ) so instead of just having my "pouch" removed I figured if I lost 40 lbs or so I might need one anyway. So that will be my present tome when I accomplish this!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I haven't tried many diets mainly becasue I don't care for diet food, (cottage cheese, yogurt, etc...) I did Jenny Craig years ago and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. Ikept if off until I met my husband ( A chef at the time AND quit smoking!) Plus being happy and content with my man... well you know how it is.. you tend to slack off.
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #140  
Susan hockeyfan7

Margaret, I love your goldfish's names!
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #141  

Me too! I laughed out loud when I read it.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #142  
"On the road again...."

S/C/G: 300/290/160

Wink A Little of ME - Tammy

DATE: May 3, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Tammy1214/Tammy

BIRTHDAY: Oct. 2, 2006

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Two kiddos, Katie - 10 and Hayden 4

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Who has time for hobbies??

PETS: a fish name chieffie

ATKINS START DATE: April 1, 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Because I have done it before and I know it works...I know I can stick to it better than any other diet I've tried. I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! Also it was one my husband was willing to do with me.

TOP WEIGHT:277-280 depending on the scales

CURRENT WEIGHT: 263

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown and Graying

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: West Texas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am a carb addict...I don't do moderation well at all!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am sick and tired of this and I am not trying to do this alone this time I have you guys and a therapist....

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am working on a degree for teaching.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:I have done this before. It really works but there is no going back to the food that packs on the pounds...this has to be your new life for life.

Last edited by tammy1214; 05-03-2006 at 10:22 AM.
tammy1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #143  

Default My bio

Date: May 2, 2006

User name: buffybear

Birthday: July 8

Marital status: Married

Family info: 4 grown children, 2 grandchildren

Hobbies: Painting, sewing, scrapbooking, gardening, cooking

Pets; none at present

Atkin's start date: May 1, 2006

Why Atkin's: I need a well-defined plan to stay on track

Top weight: 260

Current weight: 240

Goal weight: 140

Height: 5 ft. 9 in.

Eyes: Blue-gray

Hair: Whatever comes out of the bottle (med. brown)

Biggest weight loss problem: motivation

What is different this time: my weight is affecting my health

Anything else: I have a sense of humor.

Experiences: I have a very sluggish thyroid (hypothyroidism) that is working against my weight loss. One thing that has helped is making a home gymn in my basement. I hate to go to the gymn with all those tiny little gals staring at me.
buffybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

DATE: 5/4/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Candy In Alabama/ Candy

BIRTHDAY: 8/17/65

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Have a wonderful husband, Mike. 3 great children, Jeremy 18, Matthew 15, Tiffany 13..(Don't ya just LOVE the Teenage Years)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Family get togethers (when I can keep my kids at home at the same time)
As a Family we cook burgers outside and ride 4 wheelers.

PETS: 3 outside dogs: max, harley, rock. 3 chawahahs: tequila, misty, willie

ATKINS START DATE: Summer 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:A friend of ours had weight loss surgery and she told me they basically did the Akins diet. So I said what the heck. Seems like I tryed everything else, and IT WORKED!!!!!

TOP WEIGHT: 190

CURRENT WEIGHT: 148 ?

GOAL WEIGHT: 135 Maybe 130

HEIGHT: 5'3

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North East, Alabama

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on track, I seem to go off into left feild sometimes

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Akins!!! All the foods I love to eat anyway.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?: I've always been a yo-yo dieter. Now that i know about Akins way of eating, I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!!!! If i happen to get tired of strict Akins way of eating, I know i can give myself a little room for play and it's easy for me to jump back in. Since I LOVE this way of eating.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: With me, It's staying on these boards. I love to read everyones experiences,and their Weight loss....Its so Motivating for me... Keeps me inspired!!!... WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!!
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Yes, you can tell by my fishs' names that I'm a junk foood junkie!
Sorry to report that Chip is gone! Poor Dip! Need to get him a new buddy. Maybe with my new Atkins way of thinking I'll need to call him "Celery" !
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 240/229.5/160

Default new to the forum

DATE: May 11, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: AuntB/Bree

BIRTHDAY: November 21

MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a 9 year old son. We enjoy spending time outdoors, playing baseball, bikeriding, etc.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Time with family and friends, sports, reading, music.

ATKINS START DATE: April 24, 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: A co-worker decided to try the Atkins diet so I joined her.

TOP WEIGHT: 240ish

CURRENT WEIGHT: 232.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 160 (for now)

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Dark Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Iowa

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Failure to plan, mostly. I am very much an all or none person. During prior attempts to diet, if I made a mistake, I just gave up...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am dedicated to acheiving this weight loss/healthy lifestyle goal.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?: Four years ago, I moved to another city to pursue my education. At that time I had lost 80 lbs (but not in an ultimately healthy manner) and was looking pretty good at 170. Unfortunately, my new schedule did not allow for the rigorous exercise needed to maintain that weight. My eating became uncontrollable between late night study sessions, working, and raising a child. Four years later, I am vowing to make the necessary changes to lose this weight forever and be a healthy role model for my son.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have no experience with these message boards, but I have read so many of your inspiring stories. You all give me the hope, inspiration, and willingness it takes to succeed in this journey! Thank you!
AuntB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 231/205/140

Default Bio

DATE:05/20/06

USERNAME/REAL NAME:Kimberly

BIRTHDAY:July 9

MARITAL STATUS:Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I am a single parent with three beautiful children.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:

PETS:a dog, 2 cats, and a rabbit

ATKINS START DATE:1st time 01/23/05...this time 05/19/06

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I worked so well in the past...I lost almost 40 lbs in 2 months

TOP WEIGHT:231

CURRENT WEIGHT:205

GOAL WEIGHT:140

HEIGHT:5'1

EYE COLOR:Blue

HAIR COLOR:Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:Aurora, Co

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sugar...I will be the deth of me...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am serious and have incorporated exercise in the plan

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:

kspence09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #148  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile A little about me...

DATE: May 20, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: BrownEyedJ / Janice

BIRTHDAY: August 4

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Have 2 boys, Tyler aged 10 and Kale aged 7.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading / Exercising / Hanging out with friends

PETS: Dog named Mugsie / 3 cats named Snuggles, Callie & Fluffy

ATKINS START DATE: May , 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I've tried other diets and I seem to always be hungry.

TOP WEIGHT: 163

CURRENT WEIGHT: 154

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'5"

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Prince Edward Island, Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Sticking to a program, I do ok for awhile and then I seem to just go off it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am serious about losing the weight and am ready for exercise and a change of eating.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I don't think so.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Hmm, can't think of anything right now.
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #149  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

DATE: May 20, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Rebeleagle1965/Laura Cook

BIRTHDAY: August 1

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I am married, have a daughter- 6, a son- 4, and a son- 8 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, camping, anything outdoors

PETS: 2 dogs, Nash and cookie, a cat named Bo, and a Guinea Pig named Brownie

ATKINS START DATE: March , 2006

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I haven't been able to lose any weight since the birth of my son, and I read lots of the forums here. I saw that the ladies here on Atkins were happy with their diets and had lost fairly quickly. I bought the book, read it, and it made sense to me!

TOP WEIGHT: 205

CURRENT WEIGHT: 179

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'3"

OCCUPATION: Currently just Mom, I was an office manager of a towing company for 7 years

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Morenci, Arizona

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I love rice, potatos, pasta-and have always been able to get away with it. With my first two children, I took my baby weight of pretty easily. This time, it didn't want to budge. I'm kind of dumbfounded on this one, because it's the first time I've ever had a problem with weight loss.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm tired of waiting around for my fat to just magically disappear. I want to be able to fit into my old clothes. I want to be healthy. I'm miserable being overweight, and I guess I just woke up and realized that I'M gonna have to be the one to fix what I did to my body, and that's the only way it will ever happen.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I'm pretty stubborn, I say what I mean, I am opinionated to the point of being annoying . But despite that I'm also the girl all my friends come to for advice, because I'm honest, analytical, and a problem solver.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have a lot of experience losing weight, because I've gained and lost 70 something pounds twice before, but Atkin's is fairly new territory for me. I've read and re-read the book though-it has become my new diet "bible". I went off the diet for over a week for many reasons that all added up to me thinking it wasn't for me, and it was a huge mistake!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #150  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Not A Diet...Its a Lifestyle Change!

DATE: May 21, 2006

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JerseyGyrl/Kim

BIRTHDAY: August 4

MARITAL STATUS: Separated

FAMILY INFO: He isn't my family but, I have a very supportive, loving, wonderful man in my life who treats me like I am beautiful & important everyday of my life. Support is the best motivation!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Chatting with my DBF & Friends, Cooking, Shopping, NY Yankees!! , Pittsburgh Steelers!!

PETS:

ATKINS START DATE: April 13, 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I choose Atkins because I KNEW it was something I could do. I can go out to a restaurant, order some type of meat, chicken or fish, a salad & a veggie and I don't feel like I'm on a diet!

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 157

GOAL WEIGHT: 140-145

HEIGHT: 5' 2"

HAIR COLOR: Light Reddish Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North West New Jersey (35 miles from NYC)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have difficulties with portion control when it comes to certain things. For example, Cream Cheese is allowed on Atkins Induction however, for me, I have no control when it comes to something like that. I am not satisfied with the allowed amount. I tend to want to sit down and eat the entire package! Needless to say, I don't buy cream cheese or anything else I know I can't control myself with.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Determination!!!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Life is not always fair...we can sit & we can feel sorry for ourselves or...we can make the changes to bring happiness to our lives. I am a firm believer in what Dr. Phil says "You Can't Change What You Refuse To Acknowledge"

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Don't think of this as a "diet" This is NOT something you can go off of once you have lost the weight. For this to work, you MUST make this a lifestyle change. For me, Atkins is the way I will eat for the rest of my life!