Old 05-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Light-headed and vision issues?

These types of symptoms are new to me. I've been on low carb plans many times and never had these issues. It seems better this week, but the last 2 weeks, my vision was quite blurry and I had a bit of dizziness. I am eating enough fat and protein and getting plenty of green veggies in.

I stopped all my supplements except for my multivitamin and my low dose aspirin (stroke history). I started taking potassium late last week. I am not sure if that was the problem but things improved from there. I have an eye exam tomorrow as I am due anyway.

Anyone else have this issue on low carb?

I monitor my blood sugar as I am diabetic and it's been completely stable, no lows or highs in weeks. I range between 6.6mmol/L and 9.4mmol/L (Canadian measurements) after eating.
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

sounds like you need regular potassium (try No Salt every day on your food), also you might need some electrolytes. I get this by having at least 1-2 servings of Mio Sport water enhancer in my water each day. Usually fogginess/vision/dizziness issues on low carb are because potassium and electrolytes are lacking.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Thank you! I tried that and it worked.
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote