Ultra-easy vegetarian lowish-carb snacks/meals?

• I am a vegetarian trying to go moderately low-carb (fruit and starchy vegetables still allowed in moderation). I often don't have time or energy to cook. Almost all of my ultra-easy staples involve carbs. I would like to come up with some lower-carb alternatives to replace them.

I am looking vegetarian and EXTREMELY fast/easy options (to circumvent the "forget the diet, I'm ordering pizza" response when I don't feel like cooking). To give an example of more carb-heavy things that I need to replace: peanut butter toast, microwave cheese sandwich, canned bean sandwich, big bowl of oatmeal, cereal for dinner, cheese on crackers...

Does anyone have any lower-carb ideas with a similar level of fastness/easiness?
  • Let me preface this by saying I'm not a vegetarian ....however, I'm all about working smarter not harder.

Frozen veggies are your friend.

Cauliflower mash: Frozen cauliflower thrown in the microwave, whiz in the blender, throw in your desired accoutrements (butter, cream cheese, chives, cheddar...etc)....back in the microwave to finish....or oven if you have more time.