Old 05-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/291/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Gained 2lbs!!!

I'm low/no carbing with zero processed foods and I was losing weight pretty steady until last night when I added a half a cup of rice and a quarter of a potato to my chicken soup. I know it's just water gain but I just can't believe how sensitive I am to these 2 foods. I should've just walked past the scale this morning I'm only supposed to be weighing myself every week but I couldn't help it because I woke up with a puffy face and knew something was up. Today I'm back to eating clean then I get a phone call from my mom to tell me they're on their way and I thought I get to see my parents until my mom said they stopped at Dunkin Donuts and they're bringing stuff over I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong. I just hope this donut situation doesn't push me to smoke. Ever since I gave up sugar and carbs I've been having such horrible cravings to smoke and I'm afraid the donuts might push me over the edge. aaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh
zorayam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Glycogen replenishing. http://8fit.com/blog/glycogen-glucon...-water-weight/

I gain 3-4 after a high carb day. It's almost (ALMOST) comical.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Next time your parents decide to visit and bring food over, you should tell them in a very nice way that you are trying to eat healthier and could they include a bagel or something with whole grain. You could also pull out something you already have and sit and eat that with them. Give the box of leftovers to them as they leave and you really appreciated the thought.

Last edited by katiam247; 05-28-2015 at 02:48 PM.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/291/160

Height: 5'8"

Parents gone and I packed the leftover donuts so they can take them back home. I'm happy to say that I did not fall off the wagon!! My mom is one of those people that can eat and not gain weight and I've told her about trying to eat healthy but she doesn't get it or doesn't want to get it. My brother is also overweight and my mom cooks these huge meals for him when he goes to visit her and sometimes I think she wants us to be big I have to say that we had a nice conversation about how tempting these processed foods are and my dad said he was going to bring me some fruit next time. Maybe my mom will come around. Thanks for the glycogen link.
zorayam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations Well done!
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Glycogen replenishing. http://8fit.com/blog/glycogen-glucon...-water-weight/

I gain 3-4 after a high carb day. It's almost (ALMOST) comical.
I've got that beat. In two days time after a high-carb day, I gained 10 pounds.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

In the past I have been devastated by the increase in weight after cheat/treat days, but after a while I just started looking at those gains as another data point to take into consideration. It helped me not get emotionally attached to the numbers and to put more stock in the overall progress.
reisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricon7 View Post
I've got that beat. In two days time after a high-carb day, I gained 10 pounds.
Wowsa! How long did it take you to lose that?
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiam247 View Post
Next time your parents decide to visit and bring food over, you should tell them in a very nice way that you are trying to eat healthier and could they include a bagel or something with whole grain. You could also pull out something you already have and sit and eat that with them. Give the box of leftovers to them as they leave and you really appreciated the thought.
I'm not sure how a bagel is healthier than a donut, especially if your goal is low carb.
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote