Old 01-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/165/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Pretty amazing 8 minute video, explains LCHF very well

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=zT_1dCbbR4I

There is a swear word in the title but don't let that throw you off. It is actually quite humorous.

It also is based on a true story I hadn't heard. One of the Swedish advocates of LCHF was in fact trying to kill himself after a lifetime of failed diets. Following conventional advice he thought that rich creams, sauces, butter, steak would kill him. Instead he lost 90lbs and got great health.

It really is well done with lots of good info. That is just an aside from the beginning.
PrimalLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:36 AM   #2  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

My husband and I got a chuckle out of it and he's going to post the link on his
FB page (I'm not not on FB).

He's been HF/LC since the last week of December and as of yesterday is down over 8 pounds, effortlessly. No added exercise, no hunger, no crankiness.

We finally did a complete carb "clean out" of the kitchen, gave away six full grocery bags filled with everything from gluten free pancake mix to brown rice, croutons and pastas, to a friend who is on a tight budget.

As you yourself have said, Larry, we too are grateful to have found this way of eating.

Although he does get a real charge out of telling people he's lost 8 pounds by increasing his egg, butter, bacon and heavy whipping cream intake!
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'5

I have been low carb moderate protein and trying to up my fat .I have been in ketosis for 2wks on the diet for 3. And have lost 11 lbs. But feel like I'm not loosing anymore.
diggity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #4  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity1 View Post
I have been low carb moderate protein and trying to up my fat .I have been in ketosis for 2wks on the diet for 3. And have lost 11 lbs. But feel like I'm not loosing anymore.
Eleven pounds down in three weeks is 11 pounds you had at the beginning of January and you don't have at the beginning of February.

The thing with keto is that many, many people have noticed "uneven" losses. There's a bunch of theories out there (one I read was that fat cells give up their fatty acids and take up water, like a placeholder for the fat they expect to replace, then finally drop the water).

The scale can kill you. Weigh once a week, once a month better. USE YOUR TAPE MEASURE AND THE FIT OF YOUR CLOTHES!!! I've had an extended stall where I'm hanging right around the same weight, but the tape measure shows losses.

You cannot decide that you're "not losing anymore" after a few days of no loses reflected in a scale. I'll tell you something, pro bodybuilders give a diet four to six weeks before they decide if it's working for them or not.

Human bodies ARE NOT some machine that switches on/off, that burns fat at a measured pace the way your car burns gas rolling down the highway. Ketosis is a lifestyle, think marathon, not sprint.

And honestly, 11 pounds. Celebrate that, you're on the right track, don't change a thing.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:12 AM   #5  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I'm down 10 lbs in a month following this. It wasn't hard, didn't feel deprived and I know I can live this as a life style.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:30 PM   #6  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
I'm down 10 lbs in a month following this. It wasn't hard, didn't feel deprived and I know I can live this as a life style.
Congratulations, Obsidian! Is this wonderful or what?!

Low Carb/High Fat literally makes LOSING the weight as simple as it was to GAIN it!!! I've always thought there was something wrong with me that my life had to revolve around meal planning and calories. I couldn't understand why I had to think about food so bloody much, why it ruled my life, either obsessing over it or hating it or weighing it or burning it off, UGH!!!

I honestly feel like like I'm in control of food and diet for the first time since going on my first diet back when I was 14. My entire adult life I've been either On a Diet or Gaining Weight because maintenance still meant daily weighing and counting calories. The minute I'd stop doing that I'd start gaining weight again.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/165/165

Height: 5'9"

I had been morbidly obese my entire adult life. I honestly just wanted to get healthier. I had heard 10% body weight loss can make a big difference. So I was hoping for maybe 250 and I didn't care how long it took. Wild, crazy dream I get to 200.

Now I am at 165. Here is the thing. Weight loss is a SIDE EFFECT of low carb high fat. And it is high fat so keep working on that. I had change goals not weight goals. I am going to dial in these foods this month, and so on.

I've become a fat burner, maintenance is effortless because never hungry and never calorie count. If I hadn't lived it, it would be a bit hard to believe.

There are solid stats from millions of people. 4.5% succeed on counting calories, eating less, and moving more. And even many of those gain back or maintenance stinks for them. So most of 3FC statistically just will not succeed. I wish them the best but most are carb intolerant and they might as well wish for a unicorn as trying to succeed without focusing on carbs, cutting wheat out (very pro inflammatory, increases hunger, leaky gut). But hey they keep doctors and weight loss companies in business.

So this is easy after transition period, you get super healthy, and weight loss is a side effect.

Keep dialing in low carb high fat eating, don't worry about weight loss. It will happen.

Last edited by PrimalLarry; 02-01-2015 at 07:20 AM.
PrimalLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #8  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

How high in fat and low in carbs do you go Larry? What are the grams you do daily? And do you do the healthy fats such as nuts, olive oil, etc?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #9  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Anybody here? I'm doing LCHF and looking for a forum...
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote