3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

A Grand Unified Theory of nutrition and weight? Perhaps. And a farewell of sorts

Old 04-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #16
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Dern it! As I was reading your original post, I had all kinds of good thoughts but then, when I read the replies, all my ideas were expressed by others!

So I will just say that I will miss you and hope that you will check in occasionally. I find you passionate about the subject because you believe that low carb could save most of the world.

I wish you well and hope you see this!

Persistence is more important than Perfection

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #17
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You're leaving because people are complaining? Seriously?? You should be honored that Suzanne is even talking to you. I just get my posts deleted with no notification or anything. Heck entire threads have been ghosted due to my involvement.

For what it is worth, I appreciate your passion. The real shame though is that you're not going to learn new things by continuing to read information that caters to people with your view point. You speak of science and study but your farewell post is full of unsupported theory, misleading information and incorrect information. (How many links do you need to read that demonstrate carbs are not stored as far except in small amounts in humans??)

Goodluck.

Maintaining for two years and I eat whatever I want - just not however much I want. Details here.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #18
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 320/212/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I am so sorry that you are leaving this Web site (tho I think I read that you will come back occasionally) I really did like to read your posts and the information that you attached. Any information put out there is just something else to consider and I like to have information in front of my face (Not a very good researcher here). I wish you a healthy and wonderful journey and do hope that you visit here again very soon! (I am following the Atkins way of life - for 1 year 3 months and have lost almost 95 lbs at my age... so I agree with almost all of the postings that you have written!)

Mini Goal 10% off (289) 4/14/13 #2 50lbs (270) 6/18/13 # 3 1/2 way (240) 1/18/14 #4 100lbs (220) 6/5/14 #5 (199)

You have to believe it first and then you will see it!!

1 for every 10 lbs lost

to Lothlorien 920 miles
traveled: 735.15 (exercise miles only) started 3/1/13
Remaining: 185.85 - Lothlorien!
Walk 2014 current X's = 182 -
505.15 miles walked. High steps 20043 7.28.14
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #19

Just like I've gotten my body, mind, energy, and life to a profoundly better spot in less than a year, I needed to find a happier, better way of being on 3FC to stay here at all. And posting much less is a big part of that. It gives me much more time for many more productive endaveors. I was getting diminishing returns here.

I wanted to share this quote from the Paleo Answer by Cordain.

"What better time than now to start the Paleo Diet? I believe that many aspects of ill health caused by decades of improper diet can be reversed within weeks or months of adopting humanity’s original nutritional plan. People with serious health issues or who are grossly overweight will require considerably more time to restore their health and vigor, but your body is a wonderful biological instrument, and when you provide it with the foods nature intended, you will be amazed at its restorative powers, regardless of your age."

So true. My body has 'forgiven' me for decades of food abuse. Weight has become virtually incidental to me along the way. Important for health still for sure. But now the vitality, energy, mental wellness. Wow is all I can say. Diet is not only my medicine now it is the key to me being me and bursting with energy.

I urge everyone to explore or stick with Paleo, Primal, or some version of LCHF. I don't think anything else on Earth can make you feel as good.

Restart: May 1, 2013 at 285. HW 340
diamondgeog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #20

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

For anyone who enjoys nutrition research, examine.com is pretty great

http://examine.com/topics/

i am not a fan of zealotry.

Long Term Plan
302/222/181
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #21

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Larry thank you for all your posts and links.
Our adult daughter has profound autism. She has been helped more then we could ever have imagined by going grain free, low carb... Is she healed? No. Has her life and ours greatly improved? Yes.
Thank you for helping.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #22

Thanks Ubee I really needed that post more than you know. And so happy, you've no idea, about your daughter. I had heard it can help with autism. A good friend of my wife is trying with her 7 year old son and it seems to be helping.

And you are very welcome. And thank you again.

Last edited by diamondgeog : 04-21-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #23

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Larry,
Our daughters voice has been silenced by autism.
Please don't let others convince you to be silent about your passion.
Ubee
Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #24
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post

The only way to avoid disagreements, debates, and even occasionally heated arguments is to say nothing of interest.
Kaplods, it's statements like this that keep you in my3FC favorites, once again, well said

DiamondGeog as you can tell, you will be missed, I love how in your one post you said "lastly" then went on for quite awhile longer. I've enjoyed the spirited discussions that seem to follow you, at least on weight loss support, I guess over there we just get a small dose.

Keep doing what works for you, until it doesn't, then make some adjustments and keep going, getting healthy is the main thing, how we do it is individual.

Best of luck to you

And I have to ask again, did I really read that you put butter and oil in your coffee? What does it taste like?

Again, best of luck

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH

Last edited by kelijpa : 05-02-2014 at 11:17 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #25

Thanks, guess I am a lurker now Honestly I don't even lurk here much. It is a time thing mostly. Heck I barely watch ESPN now. Daughter and all I just spent too much time here. And I really think I am going to write a book on everything I've learned and has happened to me this past year. I truly believe the only way to save our economy and schools is by dropping the nutrition madness of the last 45 years.

This might seem hyperbole, but get fruit juice and grains out of school and replace with bacon and eggs and watch schools transform.

And yes it is called bulletproof coffee. I don't use the 'official' coffee beans. But I use organic beans, an Aeropress, grass fed butter, coconut oil, small amount of organic half and half, and a handheld frother. It is the most wonderful start to the day ever devised by humankind.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #26
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Interesting, bulletproof coffee...

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #27
maintaining since 9/2013

S/C/G: 244/147/143

I knew something was up when I saw you had started only 10 threads. Wish you all the best.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.