3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

Fascinating article from a doctor who was mainstream and now isn't

Old 04-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
diamondgeog

Default Fascinating article from a doctor who was mainstream and now isn't

http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/i...ill-overweight

I found this very informative. I like the explanation that 10 to 20% of people can do better with more carbs. Then it starts to vary.

I also like the that this person realized they were following the standard advice AND exercising 3 to 4 hours a day and still gaining weight...hum.

Anyhow great article. And the end is very disconcerting. Unlike smoking, what I feel is bad advice for people, is still the mainstream advice. So now it is like the government saying cigarettes are great for you.

BTW there is a pretty big stream getting bigger every day of doctors who have gone over, to me, the light side of LCHF.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

diamondgeog,

Have you heard Dr. Attia's lecture on TED? I found it fascinating.
http://www.ted.com/talks/peter_attia...about_diabetes

From TED
Quote:
As a young surgeon, Peter Attia felt contempt for a patient with diabetes. She was overweight, he thought, and thus responsible for the fact that she needed a foot amputation. But years later, Attia received an unpleasant medical surprise that led him to wonder: is our understanding of diabetes right? Could the precursors to diabetes cause obesity, and not the other way around? A look at how assumptions may be leading us to wage the wrong medical war.

Persistence is more important than Perfection

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
diamondgeog

Yes. I came across it months ago. When I found this article at first I didn't know was same person.

I think this article is a must read. Essentially what we have now is the government, backed, controlled, manipulated by industry essentially telling people smoking is healthy.

I blame industry way more than government personally. Why do so many struggle? Well fat is bad is still the official line and I'd say 8 out of 10 people believe it.

However times are a changing. Butter sales are at 50 year highs and margarine at 40-50 year lows.

So let's keep positive. First it's a fight worth fighting for. Second people are listening. Grain free is growing by leaps and bounds as people share on the Internet.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.