Old 04-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Default Chinese buffet

I got a takeout plate at my local Chinese buffet, and I was careful to try and just get the meats that weren't breaded or sauced. I got the shrimp, steak out of the pepper steak, and the beef out of another meat dish. They were flavored, so I knew they put something on it. I'm thinking perhaps it was some kind of butter flavoring of some kind. Do you think this is an acceptable LC dinner?
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #2  

I am not a low-carber myself but I've prepared plenty of meals for myself where the bulk of the meal is vegetables and meat, with only a small carb portion, so what you have isn't much different, if it is a mix of veg and meat and a reasonable sized portion.
Tarisaande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #3  
diamondgeog

Does it still taste like Chinese food without the sauce? That pretty much to me is the taste of Chinese food. That or with breading as well, which obviously I don't do.

Very admirable though trying to make the best LC choices at food you like. Ditching the bun at good burger places has been AWESOME. Burger tastes 10 times better to me. So it seems like this is in the same vein.

Just remember the veggies are usually cooked in sauce also. This seems like a good approach from what you are saying. It just seems though to still taste like Chinese there has to be a good amount of sodium and sauce residue or something.

But if you like how it tastes and it is clean or clean enough for your diet, then go for it.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
Does it still taste like Chinese food without the sauce? That pretty much to me is the taste of Chinese food. That or with breading as well, which obviously I don't do.

Very admirable though trying to make the best LC choices at food you like. Ditching the bun at good burger places has been AWESOME. Burger tastes 10 times better to me. So it seems like this is in the same vein.

Just remember the veggies are usually cooked in sauce also. This seems like a good approach from what you are saying. It just seems though to still taste like Chinese there has to be a good amount of sodium and sauce residue or something.

But if you like how it tastes and it is clean or clean enough for your diet, then go for it.
I know the seasoning/sauce residue undoubtedly has carbs, but as long as the meat isn't dripping with it, I feel I'm getting so little that it's negligible. I hope. It's not like I eat there all the time; maybe once a month.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote