3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

Why going low carb is like childbirth and being a parent

Old 03-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
diamondgeog

Default Why going low carb is like childbirth and being a parent

Admittedly I don't know much about childbirth. Even second hand as we adopted our daughter.

But I saw that in a tweet. The person was likening the transition period to childbirth: not pleasant and even stinks. But you know what? I've heard people forget how hard it is. And of course you have a beautiful child, hopefully for life.

Well we get weight loss, much less appetite, and health for life. So worth the transition.

I do know about being a parent though. I remember the night before our first placement. I started freaking out thinking about not being able to go out when we wanted. Staying up late and early, basically giving up a lot of what I was used to and liked. And yes you give up a lot being a parent.

But you also get so much. So much laughter, and joy and hugs. Helping your child grow. Discovering the world again. Well yes you give stuff up on low carb and grain free, just like when deciding to be a parent. It is a brave new world doing either. It is OK. It is actually much better than OK. I am not only good grain free I am great. Do I miss going out some nights and perhaps a pizza sometimes? Sure.

Would I never not be low carb and grain free or not a parent? No chance. Loving both and worth it a million times over, both of them.

Last edited by diamondgeog : 03-30-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #2

S/C/G: 150/125/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
But I saw that in a tweet. The person was likening the transition period to childbirth: not pleasant and even stinks. But you know what? I've heard people forget how hard it is. And of course you have a beautiful child, hopefully for life.
I know you posted this in the carb counters forum but... ha, ha, this is the first time I've ever read an analogy like this so I had to post a response!

Needless to say, for me personally, I haven't forgotten how hard childbirth was, even after 17 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
Would I never not be low carb and grain free or not a parent? No chance. Loving both and worth it a million times over, both of them.
Congratulations on how you have found a WOE that works for you. I hope that you can hang around this forum and tell us all that even after 5 or 10 years, you are still eating grain-free.

If you adopt a mindset that you have an allergy to grains, then you should be able to continue this lifestyle.

Last edited by magical : 03-30-2014 at 03:28 PM.
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
diamondgeog

This person was saying it faded for her. Or she never would have had another. But I will defer to your expertise.

It isn't necessarily about 'allergies' per se. I just think they overall really compromised my health. And corn for sure was awful on me. I was having to go to chiropractors and get massages. Cut corn and almost immediately pain went away.

It also radically reduced my allergies. And thankfully for me grains are mostly pretty boring. And lots of alternatives to baking.

Last but not least, the BEST burgers of my life going grain free. If the burger is good you can taste and experience each component so much better.

So no chance on the going back on grains. Just too much good.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.