3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

Best infographic I've yet found on why we are low carb or why you should be

Old 03-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #16
diamondgeog

One of the main things to understand is low fat high carbs is the 'fad'.

Pre 1900 people ate grass fed beef and used butter, lard, and tallow.

Most vegetable oils didn't exist. They are industrially produced products.

For a lot of reasons this all changed. The book, Death by Food Pyramid does an excellent job of detailing what happened, why, and what the impacts have been.

EagleRiver why on Earth would you have to apologize about anything? Finding something that works?

It is becoming an unstoppable force thanks to social media sharing that virtually every mainstream dietary advice the last 50 years has been wrong. You are just on the road to regaining your health sooner. Congrats.

Last edited by diamondgeog : 03-24-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #17
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

YOu seem to keep confusing the advice to eat grains with the practice of overeating grains.

So i've just caught up on the posts. I haven't had a chance to go back and look at the info graphic again. I will do it later on, or try to.

that link you posted on the history of fat studies etc, was very very pick and choosy. There might have been some good info in it but i think its very flawed as an argument. I read it the other day. And who is that guy. He's nobody. (no offence) Just someone writing a blog. He's not a scientist. There is so much of the story left out of that history. However it is interesting to remember some of this history. And I think any scientist will admit that mistakes have been made. But that is the way science works. Its not a religion. Science is supposed to be a method of picking up its own mistakes and changing opinion when mistakes are discovered. Of course scientists are also human and sometimes its difficult to admit mistakes but because there are so many people working on, and because its not a religion, there are opportunities for those mistakes to be revealed.

I"m at the beginning of my day and i really must get on and do some work shortly so i can't focus on the stuff that needs more concentrated thought right now.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #18
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Oh one more point. I don't recommend vegetarianism as a way to go for the sake of diet alone. Its simply not necessary. Being vegetarian is not as easy as being a meat eater.

The reasons to be a vegetarian are environmental and moral.

However, for dietary reasons, eating more fruit and vegetables is always a good idea.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #19
diamondgeog

Have a good day. Totally agree about vegetables. That is a huge part of my diet. I have fruits in moderation.

I know grains were very bad for me. I think there is abundant evidence they are bad for many people. A lot of what we think of as inevitable old age ailments I think are often the effects of chronic grain consumption. However, many people disagree. I suggest people try a month or two grain free. Anyone can always go back.

Longish article, but it lays out the arguments that grains are unhealthy.

http://chriskresser.com/9-steps-to-p...ont-eat-toxins

Last edited by diamondgeog : 03-24-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.