3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   LCHF vs Ideal Protein (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/291452-lchf-vs-ideal-protein.html)

Perpetualdiet 01-09-2014 11:10 AM

LCHF vs Ideal Protein

I have done IP and lost 45 lb in the past. I had a baby, gained it back and am ready to get back on some version in LC. Has anyone here done both and tell me if there was a difference in ease of doing, rate of weight loss? I am attracted to the LCHF method because it is real foods and unprocessed stuff but I love that the weight loss on IP was pretty rapid.

any input/advice/support is appreciated.

mompalm 04-01-2014 11:12 PM

I was on Ideal Protein 2 years ago and lost 50 lbs. I averaged 2-3 lbs/week. I recently started lchf and at the end of my first week (yesterday), I had lost 6 lbs. That's more than my first couple of weeks on Ideal Protein. I am finding lchf to be much easier and less expensive to follow. I am also feeling much better physically than on Ideal Protein.

I think Ideal Protein is a good program, especially for someone who just wants to eat what they are told and have it handy in a package and lose weight fast. Like you, I like the lchf for its emphasis on whole foods. So far, my weight loss has been better on lchf that Ideal Protein, but time will tell.

Hope that helps!

Luanne

diamondgeog 04-03-2014 01:29 PM

I haven't done IP, but I did visit the board here and the stickies. Low carb seems more robust as it is foods you'll be able to get anytime, anywhere, in most food stores. Not relying on prepared foods from anyone else.

And I agree the low carb emphasis on whole foods is awesome! Really 80% of the battle is simply cutting out processed foods as much as you possibly can.

Sometimes I think things like IP work initially because of the money. You spend so much money on these speciality foods it helps you stick with it. So buy some really expensive veggies and filets and you'll stick to low carb that way. :)

Annik 04-03-2014 02:13 PM

I am curious to hear the comparisons. I am on IP now and have been very very happy with it. I am a busy person and have found it super friendly. I don't know if I could have survived it using packets only. The IP forum on 3FC is filled with recipes and tons of tips that are geared to success.

In May, I'll be going on Jimmy Moore's Low Carb Cruise which is a community that supports the broad spectrum of Low Carb. I observe many LCHF will be on it.

mars735 04-06-2014 09:19 PM

I've done both, more recently IP, which got me to my goal. I chose it for the simplicity and speed of weight loss. I didn't want to think and plan meals, I wanted to reach goal before diet fatigue set in. IP is expensive but probably not that much more than the WOE that landed me at 243 lbs. I enjoyed the packets and there was just enough variety to keep me motivated. I made peace with the fact that it was highly processed food knowing that it would be temporary--never dared peek at the ingredient list. Since you already have done IP, maybe it would be good to do something different? The novelty of a new diet plan helps to get started, imo. Best of luck--you will do fine on either one.

AlaskaLadyie 04-12-2014 08:48 PM

I have been doing IP for the past 2 weeks and suffer from horrible headaches... I would like to find where one might find what to set your Macros at to do LCHF ... I use My Fitness Pal to track my food... Have any of you read any books that you would recommend about LCHF ... thanks in advance my friends .. I'll probably give IP one more week if still these headaches I may transcend to LCHF